Bengals will be active in Free Agency

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The Bengals are trying to show Joe Burrow they are committed to winning.

After franchising receiver A.J. Green, they have come to terms with nose tackle D.J. Reader. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports it’s a four-year, $53 million deal.

A few days ago, it became clear the Texans would not be able to keep Reader. Multiple teams reportedly had interest.

Reader, 25, spent his first four seasons with the Texans after they made him a fifth-round choice.

He has missed only three games in his career.

Reader started every game last season except for the Texans’ meaningless Week 17 game.

He has 154 tackles and 6.5 sacks in his career.

Reader is No. 33 on our list of the Top 100 free agent

So we are going to a 3-4 ehh?

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Dont know but Reader is going to make their Dline stout..His rating of 87 last year was outstaning..

Hes best at getting leverage...

Agree.  Anything to get to the opposing QB is welcome.  Now teams can't just double Geno and call it a day.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Agree.  Anything to get to the opposing QB is welcome.  Now teams can't just double Geno and call it a day.

Reader is just a lil bigger version of Gino..

Gino has edge on penetration while DJ protects the gaps..

This should help Dunkap abnd Hubbard too.

Goodbye Billings..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Reader is just a lil bigger version of Gino..

Gino has edge on penetration while DJ protects the gaps..

This should help Dunkap abnd Hubbard too.

Goodbye Billings..

To be honest, I think Billings is about to get a nice payday just probably not here. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Waynes isn't very good. Maybe he'll be cheaper than Dre.

LB Kevin Pierre-Louis signed with Redskins for less than 4 mil. Bengals should have signed him.

I will take "isn't very good" over sucks shit and beats his chest after tackling guys after allowing first down receptions any day. 

17 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

I would love to top this day off by trading Andy.

Brady to the Bucs, Andy to New England for a 3rd or better.  NE will probably draft Jordan Love as well.   This would be a fun year if we don't all die of the virus first.

Wayans isnt bad ..His 4.31 speed helps him recover deep..

Teams targeted him alot their other corner played zone and played Wayans on an island..

Maybe he ane Jackson (if he bounces back) can together than be better duo what they both had last year....

Goodbye Dre..

PFF graded him at 67 for last year. Dre graded at 62.  I think we all agree Dre had a poor season. But we want to pay a marginally better player 14 mil per? Why not sign Conklin for the same amount and get a top RT? 

Why not see what Phillips can do? He graded 82 but on only 108 snaps. 

I don't have any objection to cutting Dre and extending WJ3. The team would need to add a veteran CB to replace Dennard anyway and an early rookie as well. 

Tramon Williams is elderly but still playing better than any CB on the Bengals and played 822 snaps last year.

Archived