Bengals will be active in Free Agency

19 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He was on a PS last year was he not?

Don't know if he was on PS but he appeared in a handful of games after he was picked up on waivers due to injuries in the secondary.

Depth on the cheap if nothing else.

20 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Don't know if he was on PS but he appeared in a handful of games after he was picked up on waivers due to injuries in the secondary.

Depth on the cheap if nothing else.

Cant find anything on him..

You have more info on him?

Miami Dolphins[edit]

McTyer signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.[2]

On August 31, 2019, McTyer was waived by the Dolphins.[3]

Kansas City Chiefs[edit]

On September 3, 2019, McTyer was signed to the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.[4]

Cincinnati Bengals[edit]

On September 26, 2019, McTyer was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals off the Chiefs practice squad.[5]

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Miami Dolphins[edit]

McTyer signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.[2]

On August 31, 2019, McTyer was waived by the Dolphins.[3]

Kansas City Chiefs[edit]

On September 3, 2019, McTyer was signed to the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.[4]

Cincinnati Bengals[edit]

On September 26, 2019, McTyer was signed by the Cincinnati Bengals off the Chiefs practice squad.[5]

He had to come cheap lol..

I still have no idea what his traits are...besides moving from town to town.

Good Special teamer?

Interesting..

Tks so much!

45 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

last i see is he was on our team last year 

so did we waive him late last year or just resign him..?

I am not trying to be a jerk but does it really matter?   This guy is just a camp body most likely. 

18 minutes ago, bfine said:

Seems the team was true to its word in this instance. To date (just outside signings):

DJ Reader/ DT

Trae Wayans/ CB

Mackensie Alexander/ CB

Xavier Su’a Filo

Mike Thomas/ WR

Josh Bynes/ LB

Vonn Bell/S

LeShaun Sims/CB

Thats one hell of a haul...gotta commend them for that...

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats one hell of a haul...gotta commend them for that...

This should be really big news. Is anybody talking about it on NFL Network or ESPN? I know they're talking up the turds again.

Magically, the team has figured out, for the first time in the cap era, that you can actually get better players and still be at or under the cap. We may finally be over the 'sign our own' nonsense BUT this does mean they also have admit they have not drafted all that well for some time. The Burrow window will now open and they will have to use every resource available to them to build a good team - I wonder if they will go as far as other teams and do contract restructures to free up cap space. Maybe not now, but perhaps when we have to re-sign Burrow and it will be at $50M per year.

45 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Or theyre totally committed to giving Zach a team that might actually be good..

All this spending sounds like a huge endorsement of Zac, doesn't it? Like "Holy crap, he won 2 games last year with a pile of shit to work with! You wanna see what he can do with a real team? Hey, Mike ?"

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

This should be really big news. Is anybody talking about it on NFL Network or ESPN? I know they're talking up the turds again.

yesterday Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were going to breakdown the AFC North's off-season to date. They covered Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. Then with about 1 minute left in the program Mills said we got about 1 minute left to break down the Bengals. he then stopped and said they were only joking: they'd be leading off today's program with the Bengals.

Disrespectful: Not discussing Cincy on AFC North day

Respectful: leading off with them today

1 hour ago, bfine said:

yesterday Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller were going to breakdown the AFC North's off-season to date. They covered Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. Then with about 1 minute left in the program Mills said we got about 1 minute left to break down the Bengals. he then stopped and said they were only joking: they'd be leading off today's program with the Bengals.

Disrespectful: Not discussing Cincy on AFC North day

Respectful: leading off with them today

Cliff Notes on Sirius breakdown:

Talked about how bad we were stopping the run; enter DJ Reader

Love the DB moves

Played 74% in 11 personnel (1 RB/ 1TE/3 WR) and 22% in 12 (1/2/2). Basically the only 2 lineups we played from

Areas that need to be addressed are TE and LB

Sees 6 wins as a “successful” 2020 season

Still thinks Andy will be dealt (Training Camp injury)

Sees merit in keeping Andy until oline is solidified and possible shorten preseason

Thinks “personnel” are there to build oline of course like everyone else they could improve

BONUS##

Halfway through the breakdown they had DJ Reader on. He’s excited to build something in Cincy and understands record doesn’t always reflect talent.

Says he’s “bored” with nothing to do

Seemed to be a low-key level headed dude.

Archived