New Orleans = Casualty of Iraq War

Guest BlackJesus

Does anyone realize just how long it takes to mobilize the national guard units, the rescue teams, the relief shelters, etc, etc....?
This shit doesn't happen overnight and it is extremely difficult to coordinate and plan for since every situation is unique.
The implication that the Iraq War has diverted resources from disaster relief is ludicrous.
If anyone is at fault, it is Congress for not appropriating the necessary funds proposed for YEARS by the US Army Corps of Engineers to revamp those levees.

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Does anyone realize just how long it takes to mobilize the national guard units, the rescue teams, the relief shelters, etc, etc....?[/quote]

[color="blue"][i][b]Israel today announced that they could have recuse teams, doctors, search and rescue teams all ready and here to Help in 24 Hours..... 5 days later Bush is just now showing up for the Photo Op [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/b][/i][/color]

I'm sure we could have rescue units mobilized and ready in 24 hours if it was Tel Aviv under 20 feet of water....and not New Orleans....
BJ, do you have any idea how difficult it is to get rescue units INTO a place that is under 20 feet of skank-ass disease-infested water while there is widespread pandemonium occuring and people are shooting at rescue helicopters?
We've had units standing by, we were mobilized, but it isn't like they can just arbitrarily move 40,000 troops into an unsecured area that just so happens to be under billions of gallons of water....

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Sep 2 2005, 05:53 PM']I'm sure we could have rescue units mobilized and ready in 24 hours if it was Tel Aviv under 20 feet of water....and not New Orleans....
BJ, do you have any idea how difficult it is to get rescue units INTO a place that is under 20 feet of skank-ass disease-infested water while there is widespread pandemonium occuring and people are shooting at rescue helicopters?
We've had units standing by, we were mobilized, but it isn't like they can just arbitrarily move 40,000 troops into an unsecured area that just so happens to be under billions of gallons of water....
[right][post="140763"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thank you for brining some since into this Bung.

Archived