Life without Sports

It is pretty surreal. Sucks because aside from missing March Madness I was actually enjoying the XFL and was looking forward to the Players Championship. I guess it's video games for me at least until golf season starts in NY.

Suck it up buttercup. The ines I feel bad for are the kids High School and College missing out on a chance to go out in style. We were talking at work yesterday and I suggested if this goes on much longer we may see a rise in e-gaming viewership. Hell my son may have a future after all,

14 minutes ago, bfine said:

Suck it up buttercup. The ines I feel bad for are the kids High School and College missing out on a chance to go out in style. We were talking at work yesterday and I suggested if this goes on much longer we may see a rise in e-gaming viewership. Hell my son may have a future after all,

I have tickets to the UD Flyers and coach and ref lacrosse.  Don't tell me to suck it up, I am heavily involved in high school sports. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have tickets to the UD Flyers and coach and ref lacrosse.  Don't tell me to suck it up, I am heavily involved in high school sports. 

Bfine may have been responding to my post, but it really sucks for everyone in varying degrees. I agree that the ones it is the worst for are the kids not being able to play. I am still disappointed in not having professional sports to watch though.

33 minutes ago, Griever said:

Bfine may have been responding to my post, but it really sucks for everyone in varying degrees. I agree that the ones it is the worst for are the kids not being able to play. I am still disappointed in not having professional sports to watch though.

nah, I was talking to SF but definitely meant no slur. Jim Boeheim was on Sirius yesterday and he mentioned how the kids on the UD basketball team most likely feel. He said they had a good shot of making the final 4 and a decent chance of winning it all. That said a lot coming from the Syracuse coach. 

Now, can somebody explain this Rugby to me?

30 minutes ago, bfine said:

nah, I was talking to SF but definitely meant no slur. Jim Boeheim was on Sirius yesterday and he mentioned how the kids on the UD basketball team most likely feel. He said they had a good shot of making the final 4 and a decent chance of winning it all. That said a lot coming from the Syracuse coach. 

Now, can somebody explain this Rugby to me?

End of the day this is a great life lesson for the University sports kids - things are not always pleasant in life and life does not, in the end, revolve around sports

So far, hasn’t been too bad. Was knee-deep in the “other football”—and that has been suspended too—so disappointed there. 

Was looking forward to the beginning of the baseball season, but a delay will not be that arduous. 

Watching golf is missed, but playing it oneself helps—and actually more enjoyable. 

Stay safe, folks. This too shall pass. 

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Gonna be ike livin in the early 20th century..

We ll get thru it...

Kroger ran out of meat this morning.  Looks like its time to pull out the .22 and hunt me some squirrels and rabbits.  Maybe take the fishin pole down to the pond.  Better yet, just go grab one of those annoying Canadian Geese by the throat.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Kroger ran out of meat this morning.  Looks like its time to pull out the .22 and hunt me some squirrels and rabbits.  Maybe take the fishin pole down to the pond.  Better yet, just go grab one of those annoying Canadian Geese by the throat.

yes

It's a challenge down here to get milk, eggs, bread - and laundry soap? Other than that, there's plenty of food at the store. 

These fucking hoarders - I know a couple of them, they are going to the store every other day and buying up as much as they can. So stupid.

I obtained an industrial sized bottle of hand sanitizer and set up a "hand sanitation" station in the work common area. Just found someone filling up their personal bottle to take home. I didn't know whether to be pissed at him or feel sad for him. 

1 hour ago, ValleyBengal said:

Hmm, I realized yesterday that there is a young, attractive lady sitting next to me on the couch. She tells me she is my wife. She seems nice, and I feel like I should get to know her with all this time on my hands now,

If you play your cards right, maybe she will let you touch her butt.

2 hours ago, Cat said:

It's a challenge down here to get milk, eggs, bread - and laundry soap? Other than that, there's plenty of food at the store. 

These fucking hoarders - I know a couple of them, they are going to the store every other day and buying up as much as they can. So stupid.

In any crisis, you will see both the best and the worst of humanity

The year is 2020.  Times are hard here at Fort Bogroll & I fear the TP walls may not hold back the starving hordes for long.  All we can do is drink our Mt Dew and hope theres enough fuel left in the blowtorch to heat up more pizza rolls.  The Dew mixes surprisingly well with hand sanitizer.  God bless.

Archived