Hey guys. I'm kind of new here, but Phil is my grandfather. I was adopted by his son, Steve Samp, in 2004, so I don't remember meeting him, and I don't know a lot about him. I have been reading some of the posts on here about him, and it makes me so so happy to know that people still remember him. Thank you so so much.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Phil Samp Ken Broo and Dan Hoard are the best announcers in radio the team evet had..

All threr should be elected to Bengals HOF as announcers..

No debate...

You included Ken Broo?  :shrug: 

15 minutes ago, Cricket said:

You included Ken Broo?  :shrug: 

I did...announcedcthe team in the 90's when it was bad..

He told it like it was on play by play and added humor to it..

The only way you could listen to it..

He had a huge folliwing on Sunday mornings as well although that wasnt announcing...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2020 at 7:11 PM, Mary Grace Samp said:

Hey guys. I'm kind of new here, but Phil is my grandfather. I was adopted by his son, Steve Samp, in 2004, so I don't remember meeting him, and I don't know a lot about him. I have been reading some of the posts on here about him, and it makes me so so happy to know that people still remember him. Thank you so so much.

Hey Mary Grace - he is still the voice of the Bengals in my head. Grew up in the 70s and 80s listening to his calls. He was superb. 

On 3/15/2020 at 7:32 PM, claptonrocks said:

Phil Samp Ken Broo and Dan Hoard are the best announcers in radio the team evet had..

All threr should be elected to Bengals HOF as announcers..

No debate...

Ken Broo and Dan Hoard are crap. Phil Samp was the best. Nobody comes close.

Archived