Keeping our Enemies Close 2020

On 1/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I would not underestimate the Stealers organizations ability to reset and do so quickly. They are 10 fold better than the Bengals from an organization standpoint 

Then why'd they draft Mason Rudolph?

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

You can’t take one specific draft pick and state that is the basis for determine the value of the org

I get it. My point is that even the Stealers screw up here and there. I think they're also screwed up by not planning for Ben's demise/retirement

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

I get it. My point is that even the Stealers screw up here and there. I think they're also screwed up by not planning for Ben's demise/retirement

In 2018 he passed  for over 5000 yards.  Last year, while he was hurt, they went 8-8 which screwed them a shot for a good QB.  Even worse this year at 12-4. 

The brilliant move would be to get Watson but I  sure  as hell hope they don’t. 

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Every team screws up here and there (some more here than there), but the organization is build for having winning teams so they will succeed in some fashion to replace Jen if not right away then soon after.

14 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Every team screws up here and there (some more here than there), but the organization is build for having winning teams so they will succeed in some fashion to replace Jen if not right away then soon after.

Didnt they get to a Super Bowl with Neil O’Donnell?

18 hours ago, SF2 said:

In 2018 he passed  for over 5000 yards.  Last year, while he was hurt, they went 8-8 which screwed them a shot for a good QB.  Even worse this year at 12-4. 

I thought they'd sign Jameis Winston last offseason when he was looking for a backup gig.

I wonder if Houston could resist TJ Watt + a first round pick for Watson? Throw in Mason Rudolph and Derek Watt too if need be.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I thought they'd sign Jameis Winston last offseason when he was looking for a backup gig.

I wonder if Houston could resist TJ Watt + a first round pick for Watson? Throw in Mason Rudolph and Derek Watt too if need be.

I think that would have been a good move. Thankfully, it didn’t happen.  

On 1/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What they mostly don't do is sign bad players and then try to pretend they aren't bad.  We will keep them around for their entire contract no matter what happens and pretend they are cornerstones of the franchise in the meantime.  Then their contract runs out right around the same time we admit they suck.

The Stealers however also cheat and headhunt and are celebrated for it, so not a great example.  

On 1/25/2021 at 4:31 PM, SF2 said:

I was thinking about that the other day.. That is a nightmare scenario, that would suck so bad.

Archived