Linebacker draft

17 hours ago, gupps said:

I hope (or is it wishful thinking) that Murray lasts until 33. Somebody always falls and it may as well be him right?

Davis-Gaither or Gay in round 3 if Murray isn't there.

I believe Akili is right about Murray and the Ravens in round one..

Hes the right fit for their defense..

I like us getting Baun in 2 but if hes gone like some say we could still look at RT or receiver there..

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Yes please:

(my regular evening mock on TDN)

1  Joe Burrow, QB

33 Patrick Queen, LB

65  Lucas Niang, OT

107 Damien Lewis, IOL

147 Devin Duvernay, WR

180 Antonio Gandy-Golden  WR

215 Davion Taylor, LB

I’m thinking that one of the draft picks will be a TE.  

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Yes please:

(my regular evening mock on TDN)

1  Joe Burrow, QB

33 Patrick Queen, LB

65  Lucas Niang, OT

107 Damien Lewis, IOL

147 Devin Duvernay, WR

180 Antonio Gandy-Golden  WR

215 Davion Taylor, LB

Id like DE Jason Strowbridge in that 107 4th round spot but adding a right guard. like Lewis is ok as well.

Nice job!

• 3 weeks later...

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/michigan-football-josh-uche-senior-bowl-jim-nagy-nfl-mock-draft/

"Hard to believe we’re not seeing this guy in any first-round mock drafts. Could make a strong case that @UMichFootball OLB Josh Uche was the best defensive player at the @seniorbowl..."

Nagy was part of teams that appeared in six Super Bowls, including four winners (Green Bay Packers XXXI, New England Patriots XXXVIII, New England Patriots XXXIX, and Seattle Seahawks XLVIII).

This is a weird draft.

I mean, the defense looks set in the starting 11. But aside from DB, there is next to no depth, and Gino & Dunlap are aging. And we cannot play 3 LB sets because we have nada depth.

Hubbard is probably the weakest link amongst the starters: 425: Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard; Bynes, Pratt; Waynes, Jackson, Alexander, Bell, Bates.

Beyond Shawn Williams, Phillips, and Lawson we don't have much depth to get excited about. Maybe Wilson. Topuo? A. Brown? Wren? 

If you want a starter at 33, you almost have to go offense. TE, G, RT, and WR2 all need upgrades. But outside of Ruiz there are no worthy interior lineman. Nor a worthy TE. And all the tackles could be gone. Most of the WR guys are raw-ish (Mims, Aiyuk, Shenault, Reagor) and wouldn't start over Ross immediately or are not speed guys (Pittman, Higgins).

If 33 is going to be a depth pick, we should trade back.

Aside from the combo player (DE/LB) that Zack Baun is, I don't think there's a worthy LB available at #33....not Queen and not Murray. I don't think they offer you much more than what any of the third round LBs offer you, which is where nearly everyone says the value in this draft is at the LB position. That's also where all the cover backers seem to be ranked, and think it's that type of LB we most need. Queen is too much of an unknown entity and this is way to early to gamble that way over a five game, incomplete resume. Murray has a lot of skills and things you look for, but he's always late to fill his fits and is constantly looking confused out there....like he has no instincts and the game's too big for him. I really have a lot of concerns about both these guys and think each has a high chance of being a being a bust.

53 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Aside from the combo player (DE/LB) that Zack Baun is, I don't think there's a worthy LB available at #33....not Queen and not Murray. I don't think they offer you much more than what any of the third round LBs offer you, which is where nearly everyone says the value in this draft is at the LB position. That's also where all the cover backers seem to be ranked, and think it's that type of LB we most need. Queen is too much of an unknown entity and this is way to early to gamble that way over a five game, incomplete resume. Murray has a lot of skills and things you look for, but he's always late to fill his fits and is constantly looking confused out there....like he has no instincts and the game's too big for him. I really have a lot of concerns about both these guys and think each has a high chance of being a being a bust.

Well said and I very much agree.  Not that it makes him a bad player but I think Queen wasn't even a first stringer until his senior year.  And did not really shine and come on until late in the season.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I hope he and Murray both go in the first round but possible one won't and be there at 33.

Ditto I hope Mims goes in Round 1 so the Bengals would not have to choose between Mims and Baun.

Even if that hypothetical situation would occur I would prefer Baun but MikeandKaty never met a

wide receiver they didn't love *coughJohnRosscough*.

Archived