Draft/OTA's/Training Camp/Season Covid-19

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The massive stadium in LA for the Rams & Chargers is still under construction even with two workers who have tested positive.  Yet, they shut down Santa Anita Park even though there have been zero positives there.  Money talks.

When did it never?

Officially the 2020 NFL season started on March 18.  Does that mean that all of the guaranteed bonuses or portions of salaries, etc. due at league season opening have been paid?  Regular salaries are usually payed out in 1/16 installments during the fall, will players with contracts still get that money?  I wonder what happens with someone like AJ Green.  He was a FA but was tagged.  If he signed the tag his salary is guaranteed.  What if he hasn't signed the tag?

Socially distant minds want to know?

Will look into that. However, unless there is some oddball clause which puts the onus totally on the player, I would believe that if the NFL and franchises have declared no mandatory activities are available, the player is not in any breach of agreement. Same, I would think, for players under contract. They cannot “report”, because there is nothing to report to. 

Same with weekly salaries: if players are available for play, and are not able to do so, the contract provisions would apply: e.g these players are here, but the franchises are not, so no legal caveat for not paying them. 

This dilemma his already affecting world football leagues: they are not playing, but players are still getting their weekly wages. 

Thanks,  The NBA was trying to get folks to take a 50% salary deduction.  I haven't heard anything about the NFL.  The league was in such a hurry to get a new CBA I doubt any language was in there.  We figure the Bengals want to trade Andy.  But why would a team take on a $17 million salary they might have to pay and not even play a game.  Another example is Green.  If he hasn't signed the tag do the Bengals rescind it? Does it make sense to pay $18 million franchise tag to a player that will not see the field this year or try to sign to a long term deal later as a 33 y/o who hasn't played in 2 1/2 years?

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Thanks,  The NBA was trying to get folks to take a 50% salary deduction.  I haven't heard anything about the NFL.  The league was in such a hurry to get a new CBA I doubt any language was in there.  We figure the Bengals want to trade Andy.  But why would a team take on a $17 million salary they might have to pay and not even play a game.  Another example is Green.  If he hasn't signed the tag do the Bengals rescind it? Does it make sense to pay $18 million franchise tag to a player that will not see the field this year or try to sign to a long term deal later as a 33 y/o who hasn't played in 2 1/2 years?

Good points.

Dalton salary had to drop significantly

as a backup...

That's if they even keep him...

49 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Great questions. At some point—if they haven’t studied it long and hard already—the NFL franchises will have to come to some plans as to salary alterations. With that said, the league franchises are all filthy rich and most likely have revenues to withstand even a full year of no games, and not need to ask for reductions. 

As to the ethical—even contractually legal—obligations concerning “dumping” salary during a game less year, I would have to believe the Players Association would be all over that with challenges. In lieu of CBA language to the contrary (which you correctly note wasn’t there), then contracts are contracts—whether a game is played or not. 

https://www.fox19.com/2020/04/21/bengals-announce-donation-food-banks-serving-ohio-kentucky-indiana/

We know about Andy.

High School Harry donated $100.00

Geno and Mrs Geno Atkins donated $100,00

And... the Cincinnati Bengals donated $250,000.

“We want to help our community during these challenging times,” Bengals Executive Vice President Katie "Pumpkin" Blackburn said. “We know that COVID-19 is impacting everyone in different ways. Our donation aims to help our broader region as food banks see increased demand for their services.”

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.fox19.com/2020/04/21/bengals-announce-donation-food-banks-serving-ohio-kentucky-indiana/

We know about Andy.

Geno and Mrs Geno Atkins donated $100,00

“We want to help our community during these challenging times,” Bengals Executive Vice President Katie "Pumpkin" Blackburn said. “We know that COVID-19 is impacting everyone in different ways. Our donation aims to help our broader region as food banks see increased demand for their services.”

Geno donated $100 bucks???

Mighty big of him..

45 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

We know about Andy.

High School Harry donated $100.00

Geno and Mrs Geno Atkins donated $100,00

Props to you!

NFL teams to start virtual offseason workout program next week

By: Associated Press

Posted at 6:35 PM, Apr 13, 2020

The NFL and its players union have agreed to conduct “virtual” offseason workout programs until every team is permitted to open its facilities.

Teams can hold classroom instruction, workouts and non-football educational programs using online platforms, according to a memo sent to the teams that was obtained by The Associated Press.

The three-week virtual offseason starts on April 20 and runs through May 15. Teams with a new head coach have the option to also hold a fourth week for a voluntary veterans minicamp.

A team can’t begin its virtual program after April 27. Teams also can’t save their virtual weeks for use after facilities open and players return to the field.

Participating players must be paid the $235 daily minimum and players with offseason workout bonuses must be credited for their participation in those sessions. Each rookie player will receive a minimum of $135 for each day he participates in a club’s development program.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/nfl-teams-to-start-virtual-offseason-workout-program-next-week

The Bengals start their offseason program on Monday

The Bengals' offseason program with veteran players begins on Monday. 

Head coach Zac Taylor and his staff will conduct virtual meetings with the players on the roster, as all 32 teams wait to see how the NFL schedule could change moving forward.  

“You’re given a four-week period to select three consecutive weeks that you can do work up until Friday, May 15. Then, they reevaluate where things stand nationwide with all the clubs," Taylor said. "We chose to start April 27, instead of April 20. That way, we get three consecutive weeks that will butt up into that next decision the league will make."

The Bengals' coaches can meet with veteran players for two hours, four days a week during the three-week stretch. 

Even though the team added seven rookies in the draft and signed multiple undrafted free agents over the weekend, the rookie program cannot begin until May 11. 

“They can’t be reintegrated with the rest of our guys until then," Taylor said. "What can happen with them is we were given either this upcoming weekend or the following weekend to meet for three consecutive days for five hours a day virtually with the players. So now you can meet with them as a unit — a position group — or individually. We will likely move forward with that, starting on Friday [May 1] for us, utilizing those three days. As a position coach, you can then talk football one-on-one with those rookies up until that May 11 date. You have to allow them time to finish classes if they need to. You have to get with them and make sure there’s a good time that works.”

The Bengals' coaches cannot meet with a position group until rookie minicamp begins on May 11. That means Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither and Markus Bailey can hold a virtual one-on-one meeting with linebackers coach Al Golden beginning on May 4, following what is essentially a three-day rookie orientation. 

These meetings are crucial for a young team like the Bengals, who will likely have a rookie quarterback starting in Week 1. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-offseason-nfl-program-monday

I almost wonder if essentially relocating the team to one of the more "open" states would be a possibility? Like, just for actual reps on field together. I suppose it all hinges on the fact that everyone would have to be tested a ridiculous amount of times and nobody really goes anywhere once at the designated location. I know every team is facing the same issues but damn this sucks, I don't want development to be hindered for any of these young guys. Especially Burrow.

40 minutes ago, Griever said:

I almost wonder if essentially relocating the team to one of the more "open" states would be a possibility? Like, just for actual reps on field together. I suppose it all hinges on the fact that everyone would have to be tested a ridiculous amount of times and nobody really goes anywhere once at the designated location. I know every team is facing the same issues but damn this sucks, I don't want development to be hindered for any of these young guys. Especially Burrow.

Montana is starting to open up....although the altitude difference might be an issue.

:ninja:

40 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Montana is starting to open up....although the altitude difference might be an issue.

:ninja:

Haha, I know i am grossly oversimplifying the whole situation. Just wish there was some way to get the boys on the field together, the more rapport the better. I understand there are way more important things than football preparation right now.

Archived