Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Le Tigre

Draft/OTA's/Training Camp/Season Covid-19

Recommended Posts

NFL Considering Conducting 2020 Draft at Team Facilities, Remotely Amid COVID-19

ADAM WELLSAPRIL 2, 202039

 

NASHVILLE, TN - APRIL 25: Detail view of the NFL shield logo in neon lights during the first round of the NFL Draft on April 25, 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
Joe Robbins/Getty Images

The NFL is currently exploring multiple options about how to hold the 2020 NFL draft due to social distancing restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

In a leaguewide memo obtained by ESPN's Dianna Russini, the draft-site options being discussed include team facilities with mandatory health and safety guidelines in place or "totally remote" from personal residences with a limited number of team personnel allowed in one place. 

This year's draft was supposed to be held in Las Vegas with a main stage set up in front of Caesars Palace and a floating platform in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. 

 

Due to the pandemic, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced on March 16 that the league was "exploring innovative options for how the (draft) process will be conducted."

Goodell issued a memo to all 32 teams last week stating the draft would go on as scheduled:

"Our staff is certainly mindful of the operational issues this presents, and our top priority is putting in place procedures that allow all clubs to operate on a level playing field so that the draft is conducted in a way that is competitively fair to all clubs. All clubs should now be doing the necessary planning to conduct draft operations in a location outside of your facility, with a limited number of people present, and with sufficient technology resources to allow you to communicate internally, with other clubs, and with draft headquarters."


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

The pandemic has adversely affected teams' ability to prepare for to the draft. The league banned in-person visits with draft prospects, but clubs are allowed to conduct interviews with players by phone or teleconference. 

The 2020 NFL draft will be held from April 23-25. 

 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

But if they did not play a college season he would not be eligible for the draft

 

I don't think anyone has thought that far ahead....but if there was no college season then there would be no additional players available other then those that would simply declare. 

Why?  The rule is 3 years out of high school, not 3 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL: Draft will be “fully virtual” with team personnel in separate locations

Posted by Josh Alper on April 6, 2020, 3:02 PM EDT
 

The NFL told teams last week that they were deciding between allowing small gatherings of club personnel to work together during the draft or requiring everyone to work from their homes by themselves.

The league announced its ruling on Monday. In a memo delivered to all teams and obtained by PFT, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote that teams should prepare for a “fully virtual.” Club personnel will be located “in separate locations and able to communicate with one another and Draft headquarters by phone or internet.

 

Goodell’s decision is based on a desire to have all teams operating in a “consistent and fair way” at a moment when some areas have more stringent orders restricting gatherings and/or movement than others. Goodell wrote that the league also wants everyone “to comply with government directives and to model safe and appropriate health practice” amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

 

Teams have been preparing for this decision, so it likely won’t change much about their preparations for a draft that’s going to look completely different from what we’ve grown accustomed to over the years.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/06/nfl-draft-will-be-fully-virtual-with-team-personnel-in-separate-locations/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

NFL: Draft will be “fully virtual” with team personnel in separate locations

Posted by Josh Alper on April 6, 2020, 3:02 PM EDT
 

The NFL told teams last week that they were deciding between allowing small gatherings of club personnel to work together during the draft or requiring everyone to work from their homes by themselves.

The league announced its ruling on Monday. In a memo delivered to all teams and obtained by PFT, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote that teams should prepare for a “fully virtual.” Club personnel will be located “in separate locations and able to communicate with one another and Draft headquarters by phone or internet.

 

Goodell’s decision is based on a desire to have all teams operating in a “consistent and fair way” at a moment when some areas have more stringent orders restricting gatherings and/or movement than others. Goodell wrote that the league also wants everyone “to comply with government directives and to model safe and appropriate health practice” amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

 

Teams have been preparing for this decision, so it likely won’t change much about their preparations for a draft that’s going to look completely different from what we’ve grown accustomed to over the years.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/06/nfl-draft-will-be-fully-virtual-with-team-personnel-in-separate-locations/

 

 

Several NFL officials also reported that 300 life sized Roger Goodell standees are being shipped to the most likely 2020 NFL draftees so they can virtually hug Roger after their draft selection.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who has connections to “The Russians”? Maybe we can get Joe Burrow AND Chase Young...

 

😎

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Who has connections to “The Russians”? Maybe we can get Joe Burrow AND Chase Young...

 

😎

 

 

Well, the obvious answer would be Trump, but if I said something like that it could be considered political and belonging in another forum, so forget I said anything, lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Who has connections to “The Russians”? Maybe we can get Joe Burrow AND Chase Young...

 

😎

 

 

More likely New England will get Joe Burrow and Chase Young and it won't be the Commie's fixing the picks.

Protect the Shield and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL to host 'Draft-A-Thon' to benefit COVID-19 relief efforts

The NFL announced that the 2020 NFL Draft will serve as a three-day virtual fundraiser benefiting six charities -- selected by the NFL Foundation -- that are battling the spread of COVID-19 and delivering relief to millions in need.

The "Draft-A-Thon" will be featured across the live Draft coverage on ABC, ESPN, ESPN Deportes and NFL Network April 23-25 and pay tribute to healthcare workers and first responders in a variety of ways -- including raising funds for the work being done to combat the impact of COVID-19. Funds will help support six national nonprofits and their respective COVID-19 relief efforts including:

» American Red Cross and its work to maintain a sufficient supply of blood while continuing to deliver its lifesaving mission due to the Coronavirus Outbreak

» CDC Foundation's All of Us: Combat Coronavirus Campaign to support vulnerable communities and bolster laboratory capacity, clinical research, data and technology infrastructure and local response efforts

» Feeding America's COVID-19 Response Fund to help member food banks meet the increased need due to school closures, job disruptions, and current health risks

» Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund to ensure local communities have what they need to feed the at-risk elderly population

» Salvation Army and its network form a safety net for individuals and families living in poverty or experiencing homelessness by providing food, shelter, hygiene kits, as well as support to first responders

» United Way's COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund to help those in need access food and shelter, childcare for first responders and more while bolstering 211, United Way's go-to information resource in times of crisis

"As we face this global health crisis together, we are filled with gratitude for the extraordinary work of first responders, healthcare workers and many others who are helping those in need," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "The Draft-A-Thon will deliver much-needed funding to many who are suffering as well as those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Conducting this event virtually, and taking all necessary precautions while doing so, underscores the importance of staying home and staying strong during this unprecedented moment in our history."

Fans and other supporters can donate through one central fund throughout the three days, which will add to the more than $43 million already donated by the collective NFL family. More details about the Draft-A-Thon and how to donate will be announced in the coming days.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108781/article/nfl-to-host-draftathon-to-benefit-covid19-relief-efforts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

NFL to host 'Draft-A-Thon' to benefit COVID-19 relief efforts

The NFL announced that the 2020 NFL Draft will serve as a three-day virtual fundraiser benefiting six charities -- selected by the NFL Foundation -- that are battling the spread of COVID-19 and delivering relief to millions in need.

The "Draft-A-Thon" will be featured across the live Draft coverage on ABC, ESPN, ESPN Deportes and NFL Network April 23-25 and pay tribute to healthcare workers and first responders in a variety of ways -- including raising funds for the work being done to combat the impact of COVID-19. Funds will help support six national nonprofits and their respective COVID-19 relief efforts including:

» American Red Cross and its work to maintain a sufficient supply of blood while continuing to deliver its lifesaving mission due to the Coronavirus Outbreak

» CDC Foundation's All of Us: Combat Coronavirus Campaign to support vulnerable communities and bolster laboratory capacity, clinical research, data and technology infrastructure and local response efforts

» Feeding America's COVID-19 Response Fund to help member food banks meet the increased need due to school closures, job disruptions, and current health risks

» Meals on Wheels COVID-19 Response Fund to ensure local communities have what they need to feed the at-risk elderly population

» Salvation Army and its network form a safety net for individuals and families living in poverty or experiencing homelessness by providing food, shelter, hygiene kits, as well as support to first responders

» United Way's COVID-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund to help those in need access food and shelter, childcare for first responders and more while bolstering 211, United Way's go-to information resource in times of crisis

"As we face this global health crisis together, we are filled with gratitude for the extraordinary work of first responders, healthcare workers and many others who are helping those in need," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "The Draft-A-Thon will deliver much-needed funding to many who are suffering as well as those on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Conducting this event virtually, and taking all necessary precautions while doing so, underscores the importance of staying home and staying strong during this unprecedented moment in our history."

Fans and other supporters can donate through one central fund throughout the three days, which will add to the more than $43 million already donated by the collective NFL family. More details about the Draft-A-Thon and how to donate will be announced in the coming days.

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108781/article/nfl-to-host-draftathon-to-benefit-covid19-relief-efforts

 

 

This sounds like a great idea.  

 

Questions:  

 

How much is the CEO (and other high-ranking officials) of each of those organization paid each year?  

 

And has any of those officials volunteered to cut his/her pay during this difficult time as this country (and the world) battles through and recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cricket said:

 

This sounds like a great idea.  

 

Questions:  

 

How much is the CEO (and other high-ranking officials) of each of those organization paid each year?  

 

And has any of those officials volunteered to cut his/her pay during this difficult time as this country (and the world) battles through and recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic?

 

Been looking for articles on that subject--haven't seen any to date. Forbes did a net worth of NFL Owners not too long ago, will see if I can find it.  

 

It's been a bit different in the UK anyhow: not only can football clubs apply for the government "assistance programs", they also have some owners (and players) who have volunteered to cut their wages in order to see other clubs (especially at the lower leagues levels) through. 

We shall see. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much has been bandied about as to when the various NFL teams can "go back to work", but what about the buildings they hope to play in? Interesting article overall, but found this exerpt of particular interest in terms of who is going to say what or when the whole thing may get take-off clearance:

 

What is essential work?

With federal social distancing guidelines in place until April 30, and stay-at-home orders in effect in more than two dozen states, construction projects are subject to the new test of “nonessential’’ vs. “essential’’ work. With states and cities making the decision, nonessential workers are sent home and essential workers are asked to stay on the job.

 

In Austin, Texas, work on a $240 million pro soccer stadium was deemed “nonessential’’ last week and so construction was expected to end. But among sports projects, that appeared to be the exception of the rule.

 

Facilities earning “essential’’ status were moving forward. Those included: Protective Stadium, a 45,000-seat football stadium for the University of Alabama at Birmingham being built for $179 million; West End Stadium, a Major League Soccer team in Cincinnati being built for $250 million; and $118 million renovation of the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York, home of the Syracuse University football team.

 

Though the companies at those sites have not reported that any of its workers have tested positive for COVID-19, there’s clearly a risk. Two members of the North America's Building Trades Unions have died from the coronavirus, said McGarvey, and construction companies in at least 12 states have confirmed workers on their sites have tested positive for COVID-19.

 

But McGarvey said there’s been a much higher rate of confirmed positives and deaths related to COVID-19 among first responders.

 

“I think the numbers are something that we worry about, but compared to the other critical operations that are still going on, our numbers appear to be OK,’’ he said.

 

He also said he's confident construction workers will stand up for themselves..

 

“There’s been a couple of job sites across the country where the men and women on the job site weren’t satisfied with what the owner and contractor had put in place for safety protocols on the project, and they walked off the project,’’ McGarvey said. “And guess what happened? The protocols were put in place.’’

 

McGarvey echoes the sentiment of the companies overseeing construction of the two NFL stadiums — that sufficient safety protocols are in place for construction to continue. But uncertainty lingers.

Last week, the day it was announced that a worker at the Raiders’ new home, Allegiant Stadium, had tested positive for COVID-19, the state of Nevada issued a letter of warning.

 

During intermittent surveys of active work sites in Nevada, it is “visibly obvious that employees are still being directed/allowed to work in close proximity (less than six feet of separation) from other staff,’’ according to a copy of the letter issued by the Nevada Occupational Safety and Heath Administration. The letter also stated that any construction project violating the emergency guidelines would be subject to penalty or closure.

 

Teri Williams, a public information officer for Nevada’s Department of Business and Industry, said she could not provide information about specific job sites. Steve Hill, chairman of the Raiders’ stadium board, said he thinks the project is in full compliance with the new guidelines.

In Inglewood, longtime resident Diane Sambrano expressed concern while noting that the sports world has been shut down because of health risks stemming from the coronavirus.

 

"So if the players can’t play together and other construction comes to a  halt, I’m not sure why stadiums get an exception,'' he said. "We’re all being asked to stay in to limit exposure, and yet that doesn’t seem to apply to the sports (construction projects).

 

 “There must a reason that other industries have been limited in their gathering other people together, and somehow I don't think construction workers by virtue of their job description have a much greater immune system set up.’’

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/03/coronavirus-even-covid-19-sports-stadium-construction-goes/5088577002/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cricket said:

 

This sounds like a great idea.  

 

Questions:  

 

How much is the CEO (and other high-ranking officials) of each of those organization paid each year?  

 

And has any of those officials volunteered to cut his/her pay during this difficult time as this country (and the world) battles through and recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic?

 

Other than the United Way, I would say a good group.  I lost faith and respect in the United Way decades ago. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting:

 

Raiders, NFL cleared for virtual offseason program

 

Updated April 13, 2020 - 6:53 pm

With the short- and long-term uncertainty and restrictions created by COVID-19 continually hovering, the NFL and NFL Players Association have devised a plan to conduct a voluntary offseason program.

 

It is anything but normal. And it will pit the most technologically sound teams against the ones behind that important curve.

And it will mean the Raiders potentially opening official preparations for their first season in Las Vegas in virtual classrooms from which coaches will teach and interact with players as far as 3,000 miles away.

 

And perhaps by creating high-tech cyberspace practices fields out of coaches’ living rooms to replicate on-field workouts with players spread all across the country.

 

These are unusual times. And, for now, this is the new norm.

 

The virtual NFL offseason program kicks off Monday for teams that made head coaching changes. All other teams, including the Raiders, open a week later. Phase 1 of the program runs from Monday to May 15 and will consist primarily of virtual classroom work utilizing videoconferencing capabilities such as Zoom or Skype.

 

After Phase 1, the NFL will huddle with medical experts and assess any current COVID-19 federal, state and local restrictions still in place to determine whether teams can transition to a more traditional on-field program at their facilities.

 

The NFL, though, will only move forward in a traditional manner for the six-week Phase 2 period if all 32 teams get clearance from their state and local leaders to reopen their facilities. Absent that, teams will proceed with virtual on-field workouts beginning May 18 through June 26.

 

Also, the NFL said all team facilities will remain closed until all 32 franchises are allowed to open.

 

While there are challenges to a virtual offseason, it can serve an important purpose.

 

“It has the virtue of allowing clubs and players to start preparing for the 2020 season,” NFL general counsel Jeff Pash said on a conference call. “And doing it in a way that recognizes the changed circumstances we’re under.”

 

Teams will be allowed to send players workout equipment at a limit of $1,500 per player.

 

As per typical NFL policy, teams are not mandated to conduct offseason programs, and participation by players is voluntary. Players historically have been incentivized to attend by the way of workout bonuses, and the same requirements to cash in on bonuses will be in play for virtual attendance as it would for live attendance.

 

With the Raiders’ new practice facility in Henderson not scheduled to open until mid-June, their plan was to conduct organized team activities in Alameda, California, and hold their mandatory minicamp in Henderson in June.

 

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/raiders-nfl-cleared-for-virtual-offseason-program-2006150/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

So much has been bandied about as to when the various NFL teams can "go back to work", but what about the buildings they hope to play in? Interesting article overall, but found this exerpt of particular interest in terms of who is going to say what or when the whole thing may get take-off clearance:

 

What is essential work?

With federal social distancing guidelines in place until April 30, and stay-at-home orders in effect in more than two dozen states, construction projects are subject to the new test of “nonessential’’ vs. “essential’’ work. With states and cities making the decision, nonessential workers are sent home and essential workers are asked to stay on the job.

 

In Austin, Texas, work on a $240 million pro soccer stadium was deemed “nonessential’’ last week and so construction was expected to end. But among sports projects, that appeared to be the exception of the rule.

 

Facilities earning “essential’’ status were moving forward. Those included: Protective Stadium, a 45,000-seat football stadium for the University of Alabama at Birmingham being built for $179 million; West End Stadium, a Major League Soccer team in Cincinnati being built for $250 million; and $118 million renovation of the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, New York, home of the Syracuse University football team.

 

Though the companies at those sites have not reported that any of its workers have tested positive for COVID-19, there’s clearly a risk. Two members of the North America's Building Trades Unions have died from the coronavirus, said McGarvey, and construction companies in at least 12 states have confirmed workers on their sites have tested positive for COVID-19.

 

But McGarvey said there’s been a much higher rate of confirmed positives and deaths related to COVID-19 among first responders.

 

“I think the numbers are something that we worry about, but compared to the other critical operations that are still going on, our numbers appear to be OK,’’ he said.

 

He also said he's confident construction workers will stand up for themselves..

 

“There’s been a couple of job sites across the country where the men and women on the job site weren’t satisfied with what the owner and contractor had put in place for safety protocols on the project, and they walked off the project,’’ McGarvey said. “And guess what happened? The protocols were put in place.’’

 

McGarvey echoes the sentiment of the companies overseeing construction of the two NFL stadiums — that sufficient safety protocols are in place for construction to continue. But uncertainty lingers.

Last week, the day it was announced that a worker at the Raiders’ new home, Allegiant Stadium, had tested positive for COVID-19, the state of Nevada issued a letter of warning.

 

During intermittent surveys of active work sites in Nevada, it is “visibly obvious that employees are still being directed/allowed to work in close proximity (less than six feet of separation) from other staff,’’ according to a copy of the letter issued by the Nevada Occupational Safety and Heath Administration. The letter also stated that any construction project violating the emergency guidelines would be subject to penalty or closure.

 

Teri Williams, a public information officer for Nevada’s Department of Business and Industry, said she could not provide information about specific job sites. Steve Hill, chairman of the Raiders’ stadium board, said he thinks the project is in full compliance with the new guidelines.

In Inglewood, longtime resident Diane Sambrano expressed concern while noting that the sports world has been shut down because of health risks stemming from the coronavirus.

 

"So if the players can’t play together and other construction comes to a  halt, I’m not sure why stadiums get an exception,'' he said. "We’re all being asked to stay in to limit exposure, and yet that doesn’t seem to apply to the sports (construction projects).

 

 “There must a reason that other industries have been limited in their gathering other people together, and somehow I don't think construction workers by virtue of their job description have a much greater immune system set up.’’

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/03/coronavirus-even-covid-19-sports-stadium-construction-goes/5088577002/

 

 

How can they determine one soccer stadium essential but another one non- essential, and I wonder how this affects the new Columbus soccer stadium? I find it funny/ironic that Austin had to stop construction. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

How can they determine one soccer stadium essential but another one non- essential, and I wonder how this affects the new Columbus soccer stadium? I find it funny/ironic that Austin had to stop construction. 😂

I didnt realize Cincinnati had an MLS club.. 250mil stadium should top notch for them..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

How can they determine one soccer stadium essential but another one non- essential, and I wonder how this affects the new Columbus soccer stadium? I find it funny/ironic that Austin had to stop construction. 😂

In trickle-down governance, the decisions are up to the municipality. The City of Austin calls construction jobs on a stadium "non-essential", while in the City of Arlington, TX, similar construction jobs at the new Rangers park are "essential". Based on what exactly, is anyone's guess, however worker safety--as noted in the article--would be a good stab. Insofar as the new Crew stadium, I wouldn't even think about that yet...the way things are going with the future MLS solvency, the subject may be moot.

 

I have been watching the developments in the LV Raiders stadium situation. The above article just broaches the issues/complaints the local unions are having with regards to worker safety during this pandemic. And, even among those unions, are sharp divisions as to whether to proceed with their relative jobs, or not. There are time completion contract requirements, however neither unions, contractors, Raiders, government, or anyone has the answers for the others. It's no wonder the Raiders are looking potentially at another portion of a season back in Oakland--if indeed that locality will be allowing for games anymore than someplace else. Wow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stadium in Austin is still under construction. Governor of Texas issued an order saying public construction projects were essential so it overrides the local shutdown and work has continued. Stadia in Cincinnati and Columbus have also continued construction and are on pace to open on time (spring 21 in Cincy, summer in Cbus). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all do understand don't you that with the Bengals getting ready to draft the best QB prospect in a generation and so far spending the 3rd highest dolllar amount in free agency, along with a supposed change of culture in the Bengals clubhouse that there will never be another NFL game played again.

 

1/2 :ninja:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

The stadium in Austin is still under construction. Governor of Texas issued an order saying public construction projects were essential so it overrides the local shutdown and work has continued. Stadia in Cincinnati and Columbus have also continued construction and are on pace to open on time (spring 21 in Cincy, summer in Cbus). 

Even in CA, the LA stadium construction is considered “essential”, as it has been designated “infrastructure”. So, work continues there. I have seen rumblings of concern—like Las Vegas—that certain unions are saying the workers are exposed due to shortcomings in safe workspace guidelines. This stadium is a total private undertaking, with no government involvement being a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Columbus and am a Crew fan. They have a stadium construction cam up and I noticed that some workers but not all are wearing masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Cbus too. Just looked at the cam: indeed they are, and look to be distanced well apart from each other. 
 

Looks as though one of many LA and LV construction issues, are inconsistencies with having proper distancing between workers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine not sure if stadiums will host sporting events later this year

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine said on Tuesday that he's not sure whether or not sporting events will be played at stadiums this year.
 
Author: Ben Axelrod
Published: 4:28 PM EDT April 14, 2020
Updated: 6:27 PM EDT April 14, 2020
 

COLUMBUS, Ohio — With the sports world temporarily shutdown, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine was asked whether or not he was anticipated the Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Reds or even Ohio State Buckeyes returning to stadiums filled with fans this year.

 

DeWine answered the inquiry as honestly as he could.

 

"I don't know," he said.

 

DeWine went on to add that when it comes to the state's rollback to daily life from the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, mass gatherings will likely be the final thing to return. Since March 12, Ohio has had a ban on mass gatherings of 100 or more people -- a definition that was later reduced to 50 or fewer people.

 

The ensuing days resulted in the NBA and NHL suspending their seasons, with the start of the MLB's 2020 season currently on hold. And while Ohio's coronavirus outlook has improved in recent weeks, DeWine said it's simply too early to tell when packing hundreds -- if not thousands -- of people into a stadium will be permissible once again.

 

"As you look at any kind of coming back that large gatherings of people are going to be the last thing that we check off the box and say, 'OK, we should be doing that,'" DeWine said. "I think it's not going to be what the states do only, it's going to be what fans think is safe. What do restaurant customers think is safe? What do people who go to bars think is safe? If you go to a Reds game, do you think that's safe? So that is our challenge and the state's challenge is to do everything we can possible to make people feel safe and it be true that it be safer in regard to whatever activity they be engaged in."

 

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/ohio-gov-mike-dewine-not-sure-if-stadiums-will-host-sporting-events-later-this-year/95-c9675500-f115-4e72-9dc2-48650778945f

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, westside bengal said:

You all do understand don't you that with the Bengals getting ready to draft the best QB prospect in a generation and so far spending the 3rd highest dolllar amount in free agency, along with a supposed change of culture in the Bengals clubhouse that there will never be another NFL game played again.

 

1/2 :ninja:

LOL  The thought did cross my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The stadium in Austin is still under construction. Governor of Texas issued an order saying public construction projects were essential so it overrides the local shutdown and work has continued. Stadia in Cincinnati and Columbus have also continued construction and are on pace to open on time (spring 21 in Cincy, summer in Cbus). 

The massive stadium in LA for the Rams & Chargers is still under construction even with two workers who have tested positive.  Yet, they shut down Santa Anita Park even though there have been zero positives there.  Money talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...