Offense at 33?

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I just remember when the Browns picked him up a few years back and paid him an outrageous sum of money and he had like 4 catches the whole year for them. 

Your thinking of someone else..he never played for the Browns..

NO Mia and Houston..

Edited...you meant Kenny Britt..

Yes he flopped!

2 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Let's revisit this post after Day 2.

I'll just add this.For a guard to go in round 2 he has to be pretty elite, without much doubt, and that would be especially true where we're picking as that's virtually a 1st round talent instead. I think there's a shit ton more reasons you're wrong than right, but as you say...we'll see!

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Sample might thrive with Burrow in there...never know.

Too early to just completely write him off, IMO. 

I know Magic Joe is going to fix everything down to personalluy lowering the cost of beer at the stadium, but you don't take a project blocking TE with the 52nd overall pick.  

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Ok but his arms wont be any longer...

For what he does, power drives, and he's the best at this of any player in the draft, his arms are long enough, especially for a Guard.  And, since power-driving is the type of blocking the Bengals have forever done, he fits perfectly for them.  He's 1st Rd talent in a power-blocking Offense.  As a gap-blocker, no.  His arms would be an issue.  Looking forward to him in a Bengals' uniform.

Reinforces my belief they are sticking with the power-drive style of blocking system and will draft players that fit that mold like last year's TE, for example.  One more reason they will draft the highly talented Fresno State Guard.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Bengals signed RB Jacques Patrick to a three-year contract. 

A towering 6-foot-3, 236 pounds, Patrick went undrafted out of Florida State last year. He failed to latch on in the NFL before a stint in the XFL. Patrick's stats were not overly impressive in the now-defunct league, but his size jumps off the page. Perhaps the Bengals saw something on film. Patrick is 23. 

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

OK to remain hopeful but blocking TE's should not be picked in round 2. 

Jesus dude, let it go. He can easily still go on to have a productive career. If he does that he will have justified the pick.

You can't just write him off because you don't like where he was drafted. He may end up being Burrows favorite target when it's all said and done. Never know.  

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Jesus dude, let it go. He can easily still go on to have a productive career. If he does that he will have justified the pick.

You can't just write him off because you don't like where he was drafted. He may end up being Burrows favorite target when it's all said and done. Never know.  

It is long gone already, much like many of Dufus Tobin's picks over the past 5 years. Point was he was clearly over drafted and we are all crossing our fingers Tobin can actually land a better 2nd round selection. A starter, not a project that *hopefully* turns out. 

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Your thinking of someone else..he never played for the Browns..

NO Mia and Houston..

Edited...you meant Kenny Britt..

Yes he flopped!

AAAH! You are correct. It was Kenny Britt. My bad.

Or as my hubby would say when he screws up someone's name (and he is horrible with names) "Kenny first name, single syllable last name."...

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

A starter, not a project that *hopefully* turns out. 

That's every draft pick for every team. That's why it's a crapshoot. 

Like I said, all Sample has to do to justify the pick is have a productive career. It's really not about where they're drafted at but more of what they do after they get here. 

Archived