Offense at 33?

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

AAAH! You are correct. It was Kenny Britt. My bad.

Or as my hubby would say when he screws up someone's name (and he is horrible with names) "Kenny first name, single syllable last name."...

Ive done it too!..lol..

Still wanna pass on Kenny Stills anyway?

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

That's every draft pick for every team. That's why it's a crapshoot. 

Like I said, all Sample has to do to justify the pick is have a productive career. It's really not about where they're drafted at but more of what they do after they get here. 

Not really, some players like Margus Hunt and Jerope Simpson were CLEARLY projects that were years away while other players are much closer to their potential like Bates or Mixon - 2nd round pick needs to be closer to productive. 

2 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not really, some players like Margus Hunt and Jerope Simpson were CLEARLY projects that were years away while other players are much closer to their potential like Bates or Mixon - 2nd round pick needs to be closer to productive. 

Except Sample wasn't a "project" ..

I'm done on this. Like I said, have a nice productive career and the pick is justified. There's still plenty of time for that. 

35 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I liked him better with Buffalo Springfield.

When he was with Crosby, Nash and Young they were fruity pseudo hippie doper money grubbers.

FWIW

The founder of Buffalo Springfield was 

Richie Furay from Yellow Springs Oh which has been in a 60's timewarp ..well since the 60's ....Stephen Stills did main vocals....

Richie went on to form my favorite band ever "Poco"...Poco had many great musicians that became famous with other groups..

He was considered the father of country rock..

Richie Furay was and still is an innovator..

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

No doubt there.

Also home to Dave Chappelle. 

Villagers would see Dave riding hus bike everywhere..pretty down to earth but damn is he funny!

Corretta Scott King went to school there too....it had an influence on her and Dr Kings lives..

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I liked him better with Buffalo Springfield.

When he was with Crosby, Nash and Young they were fruity pseudo hippie doper money grubbers.

FWIW

FWIW, I think this is one of the most idiotic statements I've read on this board. For the record, I don't think aside from age and life experiences there was much that changed about Stephen Stills through the years. Perhaps the change was in you, instead? 

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Villagers would see Dave riding hus bike everywhere..pretty down to earth but damn is he funny!

Corretta Scott King went to school there too....it had an influence on her and Dr Kings lives..

That is a totally cool and interesting factoid about Coretta Scott King. I grew up in Springfield, which is just down the road from there and had never heard that before...great!

I used to party with Richie's cousin, Snuffy (Steve) Furay over on campus (OSU). Oh my, there's some stories to tell there!

21 hours ago, spicoli said:

Except Sample wasn't a "project" ..

I'm done on this. Like I said, have a nice productive career and the pick is justified. There's still plenty of time for that. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/18/21226350/bengals-cethan-carter-free-agents-2020

With Tyler Eifert leaving town and Drew Sample being a major work in progress, Carter has a chance for a bigger role in the offense next season. 

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/18/21226350/bengals-cethan-carter-free-agents-2020

With Tyler Eifert leaving town and Drew Sample being a major work in progress, Carter has a chance for a bigger role in the offense next season. 

No hate intended towards Eifert but what a relief it is to have him gone.   Coddling him through training camp & then trying to design TE plays around how to not get him hurt was an idiotic waste of time & a terrible example for the other players.  Who knows, maybe Sample will even develop faster now that he's not #2 behind a guy they're afraid to let practice.    

23 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Do people think Sample will start ahead of Uzomah? I don't. 

Me either, hopefully he develops into a legitimate backup. I don't realistically even expect that. I just think he'll bust and never should have been selected. Nothing in his resume suggested he should have been selected where he was and I think that will play out.

The team never would reveal what the asking price was for moving up for a tackle, only that the price was too high. Perhaps it was for them. I bet I would have pulled that trigger.

Archived