I don’t necessarily think we should trade the #1 pick, BUT it would be silly to not seriously think about it if MIA is willing to give us all three of their first rounders.  There are so many scenarios where it actually makes sense.  Just for discussion sake let’s think about this.

Miami trades us #5, #18 and #26 for #1.  

We could walk away with Tua, Queen and Mims all in the 1st round.

Or, if you wanted to extend Andy for 2 years, you could have Simmons, a tackle and Cesar Ruiz — that would almost finish the o-line rebuild and you’ve got. Your do it all LB.  

With the FA spending, we could actually field a Super Bowl contending team THIS YEAR.  

I’d have mixed feelings if we did trade #1, but I think there would be a level of excitement as well.  

21 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

I don’t necessarily think we should trade the #1 pick, BUT it would be silly to not seriously think about it if MIA is willing to give us all three of their first rounders.  There are so many scenarios where it actually makes sense.  Just for discussion sake let’s think about this.

Miami trades us #5, #18 and #26 for #1.  

We could walk away with Tua, Queen and Mims all in the 1st round.

Or, if you wanted to extend Andy for 2 years, you could have Simmons, a tackle and Cesar Ruiz — that would almost finish the o-line rebuild and you’ve got. Your do it all LB.  

With the FA spending, we could actually field a Super Bowl contending team THIS YEAR.  

I’d have mixed feelings if we did trade #1, but I think there would be a level of excitement as well.  

I dont think the Phins will part with all three picks..

Probably 5 and 18 and a pick next yr..

I dont want Tua and his hip concerns and ankle concerns..

Maybe he ll be healthy...(maybe) but i wouldnt chsnce it..

Hell no to 2 more yrs of Dalton medocrity..

Take JB and start building around him ..

If Miami actually did offer all 3 of its 1st rounds picks, Cincy would have to think about it...for about 5 seconds...then say no. Joe Burrow has what it takes to turn the franchise around for the next 12 to 15 years. Nobody else in this draft can do that. Go with Joe.

It would take more than Miami's 3 first this year to get a deal done. If you think Burrow is a franchise QB, then you draft him. Miami got 3 firsts for Tunsil and Fitzpatrick. They're good players but I wouldn't trade a franchise QB for them. RG3 went for 3 1sts and a 2nd. Burrow is coming off a better year than RG3. 

If we did trade with Miami, there's no assurance Tua would be available at 5. Dalton isn't going to take us to a playoff win. So we'd just be spinning our wheels. Draft Joe and build around him.

Tua isn’t making it to 5. 

My preference is to stay at 1 and take Burrow. To even consider trading down to 5 I would want all of their 1s this year, and a 1and 2 next year in hopes of moving up for Lawrence or Fields. Then I start Finley and hope we wind up 1 or 2 again anyway. 

But after all the free agents we signed, I really don’t think it would be fair to them, so I don’t think a tank is in the cards. 

45 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont think the Phins will part with all three picks..

Probably 5 and 18 and a pick next yr..

I dont want Tua and his hip concerns and ankle concerns..

Maybe he ll be healthy...(maybe) but i wouldnt chsnce it..

Hell no to 2 more yrs of Dalton medocrity..

Take JB and start building around him ..

What about Burrow's mediocrity? 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tua isn’t making it to 5. 

My preference is to stay at 1 and take Burrow. To even consider trading down to 5 I would want all of their 1s this year, and a 1and 2 next year in hopes of moving up for Lawrence or Fields. Then I start Finley and hope we wind up 1 or 2 again anyway. 

But after all the free agents we signed, I really don’t think it would be fair to them, so I don’t think a tank is in the cards. 

So the front office was deciding between tanking or getting FAs. Speculating that tanking a whole season is a considered strategy for any team is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

So the front office was deciding between tanking or getting FAs. Speculating that tanking a whole season is a considered strategy for any team is ridiculous.

Did I say they were???

Let me explain my thinking more clearly since it seems there is always someone who doesn’t get it. 
My preference is to stay at 1 and take Burrow. For me to even consider moving off Burrow it would have to be a deal that gives me a shot at Lawrence or Fields next year because no QB in this class other than Burrow or Tua interest me at all. But even an extra 1 and 2 in next year’s draft doesn’t assure us the capital needed to get into the top 2, so we would also need to play Finley to increase our odds. But this team won’t do that because they just spent a ton of money, which says they are all in on Burrow. I am NOT suggesting they should do anything else, I’m just stating what it would take for me to even think about it. But it’s not happening. 

Get it now?

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did I say they were???

You mentioned tanking mprobable, but mentioned it as a consideration. Only fans and some stupid analysts mention tanking as a possibility. I can'rmt imagine teams even considering it. 

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

You mentioned tanking mprobable, but mentioned it as a consideration. Only fans and some stupid analysts mention tanking as a possibility. I can'rmt imagine teams even considering it. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if NE happens to have a really bad year this year.

5 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

They will make the playoffs. Bucs won't. Another prediction, Bridgewater will be a bust outside the Saints offense. You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Players and coaches wouldn’t. But what Miami did with player moves last year sure looked like a tank job to me. 

3 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they Tank for Trevor.

OK.  I would.  But if they lose a boatload the first part of the season

and are out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving... not impossible.

Yes.  Make the trade and sign Jameis Winston.   SF2 and T-dub open up a Crab Shack on the Riverfront and everyone is invited.  I retire rich, fat and covered in garlic infused butter.  It simply doesn't get better than that.

Jokes aside Winston is intriguing. You can't deny the guy can absolutely throw the ball.  You reduce those INTs and he is pretty legit.  IF and Hopium are the drugs of fools. 

Archived