1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Foolish  to count the Pats out as long as BB is there

He's a good coach but they just lost their ringmaster. Brady was short of weapons last year, even with the #1 defense. So far they haven't added anyone of note and besides losing Brady have lost several key defenders. Neither Stidham nor Hoyer is going to get them to the playoffs. 

Here's the thing........opportunities like this don't come along often, if at all for some.

You can "what if" things to death but If I would have set all of this up for you a year ago - our record to get the number 1 pick, Burrow's epic rise, the unprecedented free agent spree, I think we all would have said - "no way any of that happens".

The stars have aligned and we have the chance of a lifetime.

Don't overthink it, don't think how much more we might be able to squeak out............draft Joe and don't look back!

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

Here's the thing........opportunities like this don't come along often, if at all for some.

You can "what if" things to death but If I would have set all of this up for you a year ago - our record to get the number 1 pick, Burrow's epic rise, the unprecedented free agent spree, I think we all would have said - "no way any of that happens".

Don't overthink it, don't think how much more we might be able to squeak out............draft Joe and don't look back!

Totally agree with you..

Jordan Palmer said he's the most mature and self confident rookie QB he's worked with..

From what ive seen from him hes just so cool how he interviewed and handled the idiocy of the media..

I really want to cheer for this kid with the Bengals this year..

2 hours ago, HOF dan said:

well put

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Players and coaches wouldn’t. But what Miami did with player moves last year sure looked like a tank job to me. 

They didn't do a very good job of it. They won 5 games. Just one less than the Super Bowl contending browns.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

They didn't do a very good job of it. They won 5 games. Just one less than the Super Bowl contending browns.

They screwed it up and undermined their own efforts by playing Fitzpatrick.

bigger picture, I genuinely think they planned to have the draft capital such that no matter what they could trade to number one. That’s where their plan had a hole in it as it turns out...

17 minutes ago, whodey365 said:

I was for the idea of getting 3 first rounders from Miami until someone on twitter asked would you trade Joe Burrow for the Bengals last 3 1st round picks? Would you do it for the Bengals last 5 1st round picks? 

It's interesting to think about because what would be better, Burrow OR Tua, Queen and Ruiz (or some other combination).  It just makes me nervous putting all of our eggs in one basket if there are other options.  IF (and that's a big if) Tua is healthy, he may be a better QB than JB.  I down with drafting JB, but I don't think I'd be upset if we traded out of #1 and end up with 3 1st rounders this year or even 2 this year and an extra one next year (maybe they'd have to throw in an extra 3rd or something in this scenario). 

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

True, but the coaches and players showed a lot of pride the way they competed.  They won 5 out of their last 9 with a team where the front office made little effort to improve.  You might not think the Dolphins front office tanked, but they sure didn't put a lot of effort into winning last year.   The men on the field did.

1 hour ago, Sox said:

Look at it this way-look back at the Bengals last three 1st round picks selected,Jonah Williams,Billy Price,and John Ross.Would you trade the right to draft Joe Burrow for those three?

Boy does that put things into perspective....it's all idle talk, anyway. Joe Burrow's the guy.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

True, but the coaches and players showed a lot of pride the way they competed.  They won 5 out of their last 9 with a team where the front office made little effort to improve.  You might not think the Dolphins front office tanked, but they sure didn't put a lot of effort into winning last year.   The men on the field did.

Kind of like the Indians in the movie Major League (great movie!)

8 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

It's interesting to think about because what would be better, Burrow OR Tua, Queen and Ruiz (or some other combination).  It just makes me nervous putting all of our eggs in one basket if there are other options.  IF (and that's a big if) Tua is healthy, he may be a better QB than JB.  I down with drafting JB, but I don't think I'd be upset if we traded out of #1 and end up with 3 1st rounders this year or even 2 this year and an extra one next year (maybe they'd have to throw in an extra 3rd or something in this scenario). 

I will be shocked if Tua makes it to 5.  Someone will trade up for him.  Even with the injury, his upside is just too high.

8 hours ago, Sox said:

Look at it this way-look back at the Bengals last three 1st round picks selected,Jonah Williams,Billy Price,and John Ross.Would you trade the right to draft Joe Burrow for those three?

Billy and Ross were Marvin picks. JW last year I"m not sure what happened there but injuries are hard to figure in the draft. Tua will bear this out.

10 hours ago, whodey365 said:

I was for the idea of getting 3 first rounders from Miami until someone on twitter asked would you trade Joe Burrow for the Bengals last 3 1st round picks? Would you do it for the Bengals last 5 1st round picks? 

Fuck twitter, irrelivident as Marvin is no longer adding his input to the last 5 drafts.

4 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Billy and Ross were Marvin picks. JW last year I"m not sure what happened there but injuries are hard to figure in the draft. Tua will bear this out.

You're moving the goal posts.I'm simply showing the last three 1st round picks.So what if they were Marvin picks? I can go back to every draft ever and say,hey look,gotcha!,this would have been a better pick. I'm just pointing out it's a crap shoot,and if so you may as well roll the dice on a potential generational QB.

12 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Were they?  Are you sure they weren't Tobin picks?  Especially Ross. Guy fumbles his first touch then never sees the field again that year.  Marvin acted like he wanted nothing to do with Ross.

Archived