31 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

If you look at it player by player SD won the trade.  The Giants did a better job of putting a better team around Eli, but Rivers was better than Eli and Merriman and Keading were good players.  Yes, the Giants won 2 SBs, but those had more to do with the team around Eli than Eli being great.  Eli was a good QB, not great.

Eli was actually a great playoff QB if I recall unlike his brother whose playoff performances were quite average. Problem for Eli was he was not as good during the season. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Eli was actually a great playoff QB if I recall unlike his brother whose playoff performances were quite average. Problem for Eli was he was not as good during the season. 

Here are Eli’s playoff stats:

image.thumb.png.746d4977693e123fe4473d08e23a5087.png

Stats aren’t everything, but I’d say far from great.  He had a couple of great plays (the throw to David Tyree and the one to Manningham), but other than that we was pretty pedestrian.  The two Super Bowl runs he was very good, but I’d argue Rivers is still the better QB though he doesn’t have the playoff success. With that being said, I’m sure the Giants are happy with how things turned out.

3 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Stats aren’t everything, but I’d say far from great.  He had a couple of great plays (the throw to David Tyree and the one to Manningham), but other than that we was pretty pedestrian.  The two Super Bowl runs he was very good, but I’d argue Rivers is still the better QB though he doesn’t have the playoff success. With that being said, I’m sure the Giants are happy with how things turned out.

Interesting - it makes sense we remember the 2 great runs and forget the rest

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

Don't get me wrong, Manning had a great career in New York but Tom Coughlin was WAY better than Norv Turner and Mike McCoy as coaches particularly in the playoffs. 

4 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Rivers was Brett Favre lite.  A gunslinger.  Big wins and big losses.  Hard to win the big one with a loose rocket back there and that's what Rivers was/is.  Not my kind of QB.  Give me Eli over Rivers.

Archived