Dre Kirkpatrick Released

After his release, PFF posted a Top-50 article of the current remaining Free Agents. There is a huge dropoff after the Top-8, the next three are very questionable, and then it's nothing but a crap heap after that. Kirkpatrick comes in way back at #28 in that pile of doo-doo.

Those Top-8 are excellent, though, with two of them Cornerbacks.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-...agents-in-2020

21 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

After his release, PFF posted a Top-50 article of the current remaining Free Agents. There is a huge dropoff after the Top-8, the next three are very questionable, and then it's nothing but a crap heap after that. Kirkpatrick comes in way back at #28 in that pile of doo-doo.

Addition by subtraction lol...

43 minutes ago, Kingspoint said:

I'd love for the Bengals to take a shot at Darron Lee. Many in this forum are all excited about Patrick Queen in the draft. Lee was Queen 4 years ago. 

5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Another 1st round defender who achieved nothing of greatness during his Bengal career.  Zero All-Pros, zero times mentioned as a game changer

That's the story of this franchise

On one size, you have Collinsworth, Munoz, Eddie Brown, Palmer, Green, Willie Anderson

Bengal 1st round picks on D are a list of failures:

Big Fatty

Reinard Wilson 

Takeo Spikes

Justin Smith (did very little as a Bengal)

Keith Cry Me a Rivers

Darquezz Denard

Leon Hall

Forgive me for feeding the troll but I wouldn't want someone who didn't know better reading this bullshit and believing it. 

All 3 of those guys were excellent players.  The first 2 were hampered with shit teams & still managed to excel. Spikes in particular is a HoF candidate if he played for a team people actually watched.  Both he & Smith were good for ~100 tackles a year on average.  That's outstanding for a DE (while also pointing to a bad defense).  Hall was maybe the best tackling DB I've seen & shut-down quality during most of his time here.  He didn't have the hands for a lot of INTs but like they say, if he could catch he'd be a WR.

I've got a low opinion of this franchise in many areas myself so I don't mind the criticism but this take of yours is pretty clueless.  Keith Rivers had his career cut short by all-around shitbag Ward's cheapshot artist routine, I can't see any Bengals fan bringing him up as a failure. Almost like you don't actually follow this team...

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Forgive me for feeding the troll but I wouldn't want someone who didn't know better reading this bullshit and believing it. 

All 3 of those guys were excellent players.  The first 2 were hampered with shit teams & still managed to excel. Spikes in particular is a HoF candidate if he played for a team people actually watched.  Both he & Smith were good for ~100 tackles a year on average.  That's outstanding for a DE (while also pointing to a bad defense).  Hall was maybe the best tackling DB I've seen & shut-down quality during most of his time here.  He didn't have the hands for a lot of INTs but like they say, if he could catch he'd be a WR.

I've got a low opinion of this franchise in many areas myself so I don't mind the criticism but this take of yours is pretty clueless.  Keith Rivers had his career cut short by all-around shitbag Ward's cheapshot artist routine, I can't see any Bengals fan bringing him up as a failure. Almost like you don't actually follow this team...

Dan Wilkenson started 182 games in the NFL.  Did he live up to his draft slot?  No.  Was he a bust, absolutely not.  Missed 7 games in his first 12 years. 

BTW, he sure did forget about first rounders David Klingler, Akille Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, John Ross, Billy Price, Andre Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi, Peter Warrick, Pete Koch, David Rimington and David Verser.  

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

BTW, he sure did forget about first rounders David Klingler, Akille Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, John Ross, Billy Price, Andre Smith, Cedric Ogbuehi, Peter Warrick, Pete Koch, David Rimington and David Verser.  

Right?  Pretty sure he's not a Bengals fan.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Yea guy is an obvious troll and clearly not an actual Bengals fan, but I understand the need to respond. Just remember if you don't feed the troll then eventually they'll just give up.

It was more an excuse to talk about Leon Hall.  Guy was a badass but he didn't constantly draw attention to himself like DreK so he gets overlooked.   11 guys with his attitude & we'd have a top 5 defense every year.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It was more an excuse to talk about Leon Hall.  Guy was a badass but he didn't constantly draw attention to himself like DreK so he gets overlooked.   11 guys with his attitude & we'd have a top 5 defense every year.

100% agree. The fact that Leon Hall was included on his list is an absolute joke. One of the best corners in the league for a few years and the dude was still more than solid after tearing not one but BOTH achilles. One of my favorite Bengals.

Leon Hall (and Andrew Whitworth) was a player that made people and NFL executives start paying attention to profootballfocus (when it was one word) as they were touting him using specific numbers years before NFL Coaches, players, media and fans recognized the superior contribution he was making (after all, he played for the Bengals).  The NFL was still all about how popular a player was, even among coaches, players and media.

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They were good, but not great.  Not All-Pro level.

This franchise over the last 30 years has had zero game changers on defense.  Zero

no Ray Lewis, no Polamalu, no Ngata, no James Harrison (well we got the washed up shitty version), etc etc.

3 hours ago, Kingspoint said:

Leon Hall (and Andrew Whitworth) was a player that made people and NFL executives start paying attention to profootballfocus (when it was one word) as they were touting him using specific numbers years before NFL Coaches, players, media and fans recognized the superior contribution he was making (after all, he played for the Bengals).  The NFL was still all about how popular a player was, even among coaches, players and media.

You know that PFF is based out of Cincy, makes since they would focus on Hall and Whit.

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

You know that PFF is based out of Cincy, makes since they would focus on Hall and Whit.

Their analysts were located all over the country.  So, no.  It does not make sense.  In addition, I used them as examples because this group of posters would understand that Whitworth and Hall were better players long before they became recognized for it.  Every player in the NFL were graded using the same methods.  Proximity to a team by the analyst would not have any bearing on the outcome, as film was being used during evaluations

8 hours ago, tibor75 said:

This franchise over the last 30 years has had zero game changers on defense.  Zero

no Ray Lewis, no Polamalu, no Ngata, no James Harrison (well we got the washed up shitty version), etc etc.

Burfict when he kept his cool was a game changer. 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Not true.  Tibs has been around for a long time.  His act is an acquired taste, but he is a Bengals fan. 

He most certainly is. Have shared a pre-game tailgate with him on several occasions (including playoffs) over the many years. A very good person, and Bengals fan. 

9 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I hope Geno Atkins reads this and pays you a visit.

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

All of this. Tibor's complaint that not every guy on that list was an all pro is silly the 3 guys you highlighted may not have been all pros but they all were very solid and played worthy of the spot they were drafted.

In fact Jerome Bettis said that Teko Spikes was at the time he was playing the best linebacker he had faced.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Dan Wilkenson started 182 games in the NFL.  Did he live up to his draft slot?  No.  Was he a bust, absolutely not.  Missed 7 games in his first 12 years. 

Warrick didnt live up to his draft spot but once Chad came onto the scene I thought Peter played a pretty good #2 slot WR. And for ending his career early by playing hurt when he should not have so that the Bengals could make the playoffs (sad they missed them for him) in his final year, I will always be a fan.

14 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Finally. Flagpatrick, 3rd & Dre, Firstpatrick, Pacman Jr. Call him what you like. I'm glad to call him a former Bengal. He was a terrible draft pick and one of the worst contracts the Bengals ever signed. And this is a team that gave Bobby Hart $21 million.

Actually Hart's contract was 16.5 3yrs.

I posted his total contract on the "Oline"

thread...check it out..

The writing was on the wall with Dre being released.  His production never matched his salary and his antics won him few fans.  I'm glad they made a move to improve at his position and aren't standing pat.  That hasn't been the case very often and it's something that needed to change.

Archived