Covid-19

bfine

For me it is time to stop and hit the reset button. 

You have Dr Fauci, the CDC, the WH PRESS, Joe Biden, WHO and many others all talking about COVID and their stories are not always the same.  Decisions being made supposedly on data that no one sees or when they do its questioned by major research universities as inaccurate or incomplete.

Vaccines still considered experimental and not FDA approved were pushed as the solution but now seem to have fading resistance after a few months and are going to need booster shots.

After all the initial claims that COVID was naturally formed, a month or so ago Dr Fauchi, WHO and research universities expressed that the Wuhan Lab might be the source and thorough investigations should be done.  However that topic seemed to have disappeared.

I am beginning to understand why there is that pocket of resistance against vaccinations.  I have to be honest.  I was fine with getting completely vaccinated.  I am glad I did.  But now before I rush in and start getting boosters I personally want some more info.  Is a booster a one time thing?  Is it every 6 months?  Any long term issues with multiple vaccines?

I am retired, I have a vegetable garden, meat in the freezers, a good water well, excellent wifi and a tv antenna.  I had no problem being isolated in the beginning and that is my personal plan for now until I get some answers.

5 hours ago, westside bengal said:

For me it is time to stop and hit the reset button. 

You have Dr Fauci, the CDC, the WH PRESS, Joe Biden, WHO and many others all talking about COVID and their stories are not always the same.  Decisions being made supposedly on data that no one sees or when they do its questioned by major research universities as inaccurate or incomplete.

Vaccines still considered experimental and not FDA approved were pushed as the solution but now seem to have fading resistance after a few months and are going to need booster shots.

After all the initial claims that COVID was naturally formed, a month or so ago Dr Fauchi, WHO and research universities expressed that the Wuhan Lab might be the source and thorough investigations should be done.  However that topic seemed to have disappeared.

I am beginning to understand why there is that pocket of resistance against vaccinations.  I have to be honest.  I was fine with getting completely vaccinated.  I am glad I did.  But now before I rush in and start getting boosters I personally want some more info.  Is a booster a one time thing?  Is it every 6 months?  Any long term issues with multiple vaccines?

I am retired, I have a vegetable garden, meat in the freezers, a good water well, excellent wifi and a tv antenna.  I had no problem being isolated in the beginning and that is my personal plan for now until I get some answers.

Im sure Biden and his evil incompetent

Cohorts will...circle back to that..

This POS called Potus blunders in Afganistan will have severe ramifications now and in the future..

He has stupid ass Harris in Singapore snd Nam touting what an ally we are to them..

Biden has disgraced the USA to the point of No country will believe or trust  anything out of his mouth now..

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Im sure Biden and his evil incompetent

Cohorts will...circle back to that..

This POS called Potus blunders in Afganistan will have severe ramifications now and in the future..

He has stupid ass Harris in Singapore snd Nam touting what an ally we are to them..

Biden has disgraced the USA to the point of No country will believe or trust  anything out of his mouth now..

Not going to defend Biden on this but Afghanistan was never a winnable war from the start, both parties to include Trump fucked that whole thing up, putting it on any one person from either party is wholly ignorant.

25 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not going to defend Biden on this but Afghanistan was never a winnable war from the start, both parties to include Trump fucked that whole thing up, putting it on any one person from either party is wholly ignorant.

Agreed that this whole situation has been fucked since Bush.  The USA should have been pulling non military folks out months maybe years ago.

I will say that I thought the Trump years were a dysfunctional mess.  The Biden administration might be worse.

8 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Agreed that this whole situation has been fucked since Bush.  The USA should have been pulling non military folks out months maybe years ago.

I will say that I thought the Trump years were a dysfunctional mess.  The Biden administration might be worse.

Nope, I don't fear fascism with Biden, ineptitude maybe, but not fascism.

It should have been Bernie, but I digress...

5 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Might???

You evacuate personnel First..

This fucking idiot takes troops out first then wants to go back to grab US citizens ..plus the fact he could care less about Afgans that fought alongside our troops..

What kind of logic is that..

Answer there is no logic in this administration ..

Horrible evil doings by this incompetent 

being..

According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb on “Face the Nation” this morning, FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is supposed to happen this week. I wonder how much full approval will affect the conversation about the vaccine and/or the vaccination results.

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb on “Face the Nation” this morning, FDA approval for the Pfizer vaccine is supposed to happen this week. I wonder how much full approval will affect the conversation about the vaccine and/or the vaccination results.

Guessing very little, at this point people have dug in and short of getting sick wont change their minds.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:17 PM, claptonrocks said:

Might???

You evacuate personnel First..

This fucking idiot takes troops out first then wants to go back to grab US citizens ..plus the fact he could care less about Afgans that fought alongside our troops..

What kind of logic is that..

Answer there is no logic in this administration ..

Horrible evil doings by this incompetent 

being..

Did they take troops out first? Where did you see that? Weren't there 2500 troops there? 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:08 AM, Jamie_B said:

Guessing very little, at this point people have dug in and short of getting sick wont change their minds.

Places that were afraid to make vaccines mandatory are now. And that's fantastic. I am so sick of these idiots holding our country hostage because they won't do even a modicum of research outside of fox news. These vaccines have been researched for 20 years, they have been highly effective at stopping people from getting severely sick and very effective at stopping people from getting the virus all together. If you don't get the vaccine you shouldn't be able to go to the hospital when you get sick. It's that simple. 

17 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Did they take troops out first? Where did you see that? Weren't there 2500 troops there? 

Biden and his evil imbeciles left an Entire US air force base in the middle of the night..

The Taliban took it over and is now Their fucking base with all our Former weapons still there at their disposal..

35 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Biden and his evil imbeciles left an Entire US air force base in the middle of the night..

The Taliban took it over and is now Their fucking base with all our Former weapons still there at their disposal..

Left it to the Afghan Army.....did you want them to take the base with them?

8 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Places that were afraid to make vaccines mandatory are now. And that's fantastic. I am so sick of these idiots holding our country hostage because they won't do even a modicum of research outside of fox news. These vaccines have been researched for 20 years, they have been highly effective at stopping people from getting severely sick and very effective at stopping people from getting the virus all together. If you don't get the vaccine you shouldn't be able to go to the hospital when you get sick. It's that simple. 

I'm not quite at the level of not letting the non-vaccinated not go to the hospital if they get sick, but I do think they should be the last to get beds if there are other more pressing emergencies there. I read the other day where a hospital had to turn away a cancer patient....if it we're me I'd kick one of the non-vaccinated out of their beds and put the cancer patient in it. Sorry not sorry, you are in the hospital because of your own refusal to do even the basic measures to protect yourself.

8 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You know whenever we leave a war area that things are always left behind right? That's not a new thing.

Watch this....

13 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

And there are others who claim the real idiots are those that get their news from CNN, MSNBC or Dr Fauci.

When my wife and I were in line to get our vaccinations I do not remember any one telling us that the vac will only be good for 6 months and you will be back for booster shots down the road maybe forever.  I do not believe for a second the makers have researched these particular vaccines long enough to make any promises about their true effectiveness one way or another.

I am not saying not to get jabbed.  I am not saying the vaccine doesn't offer short term protections.  But trying to scare the public that these vaccines and now boosters are the Cure for Covid is not going to work any more.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, westside bengal said:

And there are others who claim the real idiots are those that get their news from CNN, MSNBC or Dr Fauci.

When my wife and I were in line to get our vaccinations I do not remember any one telling us that the vac will only be good for 6 months and you will be back for booster shots down the road maybe forever.  I do not believe for a second the makers have researched these particular vaccines long enough to make any promises about their true effectiveness one way or another.

I am not saying not to get jabbed.  I am not saying the vaccine doesn't offer short term protections.  But trying to scare the public that these vaccines and now boosters are the Cure for Covid is not going to work any more.

What happens is enough people get vaccines so Covid stops spreading so rapidly. If you didn't know you would likely need a booster when we almost always need a booster I don't know what to tell you. 

Of course they were not going to know the long term effectiveness of these vaccines, that's going to be the case of any new vaccine brought to market. They have to observe the people they put in test cases and see how they are doing long term. This shouldn't be controversial.  It's how science works. 

All I know is having watched Onyx from this site die from this thing you can stab me as many times as needed.

I worked in science for 42 years.  I understand the science.  But as said no one knows the long term effectiveness of the vaccines just as no one knows if there are any long term ill health effects of taking the vaccine especially multiple times.  We are the guinea pigs.  As you said that is how science works.

As I said before my point is not pro or con.  I merely stated that over time as the Covid story has evolved I am beginning to understand why some folks remain hesitant.  I am not saying I agree/disagree with them.

Also, as I mentioned I do think one of the problems is that there have been too many voices in the room.  There should have been a single official voice from the beginning.  We have the WH folks including Biden, the CDC, Dr Fauci and others making statements not only at official podiums but also newscast and talk shows and the message has not always been consistent.  I think that has caused confusion and with that comes hesitancy.

Oh absolutely we are the guinea pigs, but I'd rather be an alive guinea pig, than even a small chance i might not be or have long term issues based on the things we do currently know. Seeing my best friend die from this thing gave me that perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived