Covid-19

bfine

5 hours ago, Go Skins said:

Biden to announce that all federal workers must be vaccinated, with no option for testing

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/09/politics/joe-biden-covid-speech/index.html

That article is confusing, in one paragraph it talks about the option for testing, in the one after it says there is no option.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:14 PM, Shebengal said:

Columbus has reinstated their mask mandate.

https://amp.dispatch.com/amp/5776153001

I will be interested to see if stores will actually enforce it this time.

This is Ohio, it's 3 cities on 71, 2 on 75 and Ala FRIGGIN Bama, everywhere else!!  🤣

On 8/19/2021 at 4:55 PM, claptonrocks said:

Im sure Biden and his evil incompetent

Cohorts will...circle back to that..

This POS called Potus blunders in Afganistan will have severe ramifications now and in the future..

He has stupid ass Harris in Singapore snd Nam touting what an ally we are to them..

Biden has disgraced the USA to the point of No country will believe or trust  anything out of his mouth now..

🤣🤣🤣🤣  But you probably didn't give a shit when we left the Kurds, Huh?  🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Go Skins said:

Navy assistant football coach fired over not following vaccination requirements.  He says he applied for a religious exemption which was denied.

http://sports.yahoo.com/navy-assistant-football-coach-billy-ray-stutzmann-says-he-was-fired-over-refusal-to-take-covid-19-vaccine-222133873.html

Look at his twitter, he's a right wing "religious" (i say that because these people take the word completely wrong) nut.

32 minutes ago, Go Skins said:

"You don't want to get vaccinated? You have to move," Alvarez said. "It's a lack of consideration for your neighbor, it's a lack of consideration to their own families, to their children."

Yup

• 3 weeks later...

The Democrats are going to lose votes over the enforcing of vaccines and masks. A lot of anti-Trumpers I know are very adament against mask and vaccine mandates as well. Maybe they're just anti whatever, who knows. If Republicans come in with more moderate candidates, they can gain some power back in areas.

I am pro-vaccine and masks, by the way. My girlfriend is a double lung transplant from CF. She's high risk. But firing medical workers and denying them unemployment is a strong move.

Also, I'm independent, so I am not pro Republican winning spots, just an observation on how the left is splitting over this mask and vaccine craze. I just wish people would voluntarily vaccinate.

Problem. 

Trump kept things so close in the last general election that the Republicans can't move away from him or risk losing on their own, so the moderate Republicans don't exist, we're going to see more Trumpism until that portion of their party loses in a big way.

I would prefer we live in a society that gives a shit about each other, so that mandates aren't even in question. 

We don't.

I haven’t met anyone in the healthcare field here that isn’t vaccinated.  We had a soooo many appointments the last few months.  I am sure there are some out there, but I haven’t encountered them. 1). I do live in Montana where vaccination rates aren’t great 2). I also live in a college town so obviously things are a little different than other parts of the state.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Colin Powell.....fully vaccinated..... has passed from complications with Covid

"A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html

Not discounting your post Jamie.

I know people in the medical field who have left their jobs due to the vaccine mandate. And as I stated earlier, not all anti-vaxxers are right leaning. I'm noticing a rise in people on the left speaking out against the vaccine. Very vocal anti-trumpers a year ago, vocal anti-vaxxers now. Maybe they just like being anti something. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, steggyD said:

I know people in the medical field who have left their jobs due to the vaccine mandate. And as I stated earlier, not all anti-vaxxers are right leaning. I'm noticing a rise in people on the left speaking out against the vaccine. Very vocal anti-trumpers a year ago, vocal anti-vaxxers now. Maybe they just like being anti something. 🤷‍♂️

imho they can go, to me it is a violation of the Hippocratic Oath and the notion of "do no harm"

• 2 weeks later...

https://wtop.com/national/2021/11/us-mandates-vaccines-or-tests-for-big-companies-by-jan-4/

Tens of millions of Americans who work at companies with 100 or more employees will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan. 4 or get tested for the virus weekly under government rules issued Thursday.

The new requirements, which were first previewed by President Joe Biden in September, will apply to about 84 million workers at medium and large businesses, although it is not clear how many of those employees are unvaccinated.

Archived