Covid-19

bfine

20 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Lost my mother-n-law last week.  No surprise - she wasn't able to be in the ICU because the beds were full.  *Billings Montana about a month ago: https://montanafreepress.org/2021/09/21/billings-clinic-icu-overrun-with-covid-patients/

This is where I say, Doctors can boot the Covid patients out in favor of ones that have more terminal illnesses. At this point it's a choice they made.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

This is where I say, Doctors can boot the Covid patients out in favor of ones that have more terminal illnesses. At this point it's a choice they made.

Unfortunately it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, but I do wonder if her care would have been better in the ICU.  I certainly feel for those healthcare workers that have been stretched thin.

2 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Unfortunately it probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, but I do wonder if her care would have been better in the ICU.  I certainly feel for those healthcare workers that have been stretched thin.

Them and teachers are having the worst go of it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Go Skins said:

Antonio Brown tried to scam his shot.

What a douche..

Take it or not but don't fucking LIE about it..

Helluva receiver..

Pathetic human being..

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

Why do people act informed and then have such a shaky handle on facts?

OP realizes that Trump negotiated the withdrawal and left the incoming administration two options: Either abide by the agreement Trump made, or send in more troops for the eventual escalation. Look up the February 29, 2020, agreement that the Trump administration signed with the Taliban in Doha, Qatar, in which the US promised to fully withdraw its troops by May 2021 and the Taliban committed to several conditions, including stopping attacks on US and coalition forces.

There are many smaller things Biden could have done better, but the situation was impossible. He was facing a resurgent taliban who had been consistently beating the hell out of the Afghan forces with no US Airstrikes for a year plus. The Taliban knew all they had to do was run out the clock. Biden either had to withdraw, or commit more troops, and Fox News would have complained about either. Trump and Chris Miller even completed the troop reduction to 2,500 days before Biden was elected. Do you pull out or commit the ~30K men needed?

And let's not forget which president and party started that war by lying about WMD's in the first fuckin' place. Or the president and party who gave them stinger missiles to fight the Russians. I was there for a lot of it when Afghanistan happened. Our reports didn't call it a bad idea - we called it INSANITY. A hardened insurgency that had successfully harassed Russia for 30 years, a massive refugee crisis, Pakistani intelligence, and a culture with values we didn't understand expecting us to bring "order" to the chaos. Not to mention Russia was only too willing to repay the favor of sending over arms.

So, what did they do? They tried to do the impossible with 10K guys. Then 20K, then 5K. The farms to the North are still lousy with landmines, we never even controlled the south to get rid of the opium fields which take up the rest of the countries arable land and fund the Taliban. We tried to set up US courts in a country where they still expect a rapist to be dealt with that day. Call the Taliban and they'll have him dead by nightfall. We never stopped the refilling of their ranks from the refugee camps in Pakistan, and did nothing to assist that crisis.

The American people and politicians lacked the will to win that war. And frankly, if you're not there to win, why are you even playing?

When I see a burned building, I don't blame the firefighter, I blame the arsonist. I don't blame Biden or Trump. I blame Cheney and Bolton. The "It'll be over in two weeks" crowd. As a former intel analyst - I'm actually surprised it ended as well as it did. Even talking to friends coming back home last year... It had gotten MUCH worse. So, I'm just glad we're out.

I worked recently with a guy who was an interrogator over there, told me about how boys are used for sex with no thought at all. Got a few other not for public consumption stories too. Nothing bad, just stuff that is stuff we cant talk about.

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I worked recently with a guy who was an interrogator over there, told me about how boys are used for sex with no thought at all. Got a few other not for public consumption stories too. Nothing bad, just stuff that is stuff we cant talk about.

That's the whole Lawrence of Arabia thing. Who would have thought that when you impose strict separation of the sexes for so long homosexuality runs rampant?

After 20 years and Trillions of dollars, we not only couldn't beat the Taliban, we couldn't even be the "better option" in the eyes of the average Afghani. You can't bring order to a country of 38 Million with 3K guys. We supported a government for 20 years that put our money in Saudi banks and waited for the country to fold due to bad intel.

On 12/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, LostInDaJungle said:

Why do people act informed and then have such a shaky handle on facts?

OP realizes that Trump negotiated the withdrawal and left the incoming administration two options: Either abide by the agreement Trump made, or send in more troops for the eventual escalation. Look up the February 29, 2020, agreement that the Trump administration signed with the Taliban in Doha, Qatar, in which the US promised to fully withdraw its troops by May 2021 and the Taliban committed to several conditions, including stopping attacks on US and coalition forces.

There are many smaller things Biden could have done better, but the situation was impossible. He was facing a resurgent taliban who had been consistently beating the hell out of the Afghan forces with no US Airstrikes for a year plus. The Taliban knew all they had to do was run out the clock. Biden either had to withdraw, or commit more troops, and Fox News would have complained about either. Trump and Chris Miller even completed the troop reduction to 2,500 days before Biden was elected. Do you pull out or commit the ~30K men needed?

And let's not forget which president and party started that war by lying about WMD's in the first fuckin' place. Or the president and party who gave them stinger missiles to fight the Russians. I was there for a lot of it when Afghanistan happened. Our reports didn't call it a bad idea - we called it INSANITY. A hardened insurgency that had successfully harassed Russia for 30 years, a massive refugee crisis, Pakistani intelligence, and a culture with values we didn't understand expecting us to bring "order" to the chaos. Not to mention Russia was only too willing to repay the favor of sending over arms.

So, what did they do? They tried to do the impossible with 10K guys. Then 20K, then 5K. The farms to the North are still lousy with landmines, we never even controlled the south to get rid of the opium fields which take up the rest of the countries arable land and fund the Taliban. We tried to set up US courts in a country where they still expect a rapist to be dealt with that day. Call the Taliban and they'll have him dead by nightfall. We never stopped the refilling of their ranks from the refugee camps in Pakistan, and did nothing to assist that crisis.

The American people and politicians lacked the will to win that war. And frankly, if you're not there to win, why are you even playing?

When I see a burned building, I don't blame the firefighter, I blame the arsonist. I don't blame Biden or Trump. I blame Cheney and Bolton. The "It'll be over in two weeks" crowd. As a former intel analyst - I'm actually surprised it ended as well as it did. Even talking to friends coming back home last year... It had gotten MUCH worse. So, I'm just glad we're out.

And you quoted me on this?  Explain to me why?  

49 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Agreeing with you and commenting on the post you replied to. Do I want to argue with OP? No. Am I talking to you and saying "Get a load of this fuckin' guy"? Yep.

Just pointing and laughing. We have a lot of these "really educated" idiots running around right now who are experts on foreign policy, vaccines, the Constitution, etc... And they don't know jack shit. They attended two Joel Osteen services and think that means they're theologians. They've heard three quotes from the Federalist Papers and now they're constitutional law experts. They watched two Joe Rogan podcasts and now they're doctors.

Got it, bruh!!  I was just wondering, because I could have written your post.  Or this one!  Now, the John Bolton would have been a stretch, but it's exactly what I would have envisioned!!😂😂😂

19 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I used to work as a translator in one of the most boring jobs in Washington. In the evenings, I would translate newspapers and radio broadcasts from other countries. Wasn't even a full time job. I was Navy Intel for that language, and once I was out... Wanna make some spare cash?

Then we went to war with that country... And it all changed. One of my favorite moments I can share was an exasperated co-worker arguing with John Bolton. He had come down trying to get a translation slightly altered. Like "We will" instead of "We should".... Minor stuff that changed the meaning a lot.

Now, Bolton is an asshole and a bully. If you don't do what he wants he just keeps repeating himself louder. Starts calling you names and making vague threats. (Side note - Amazing how many of these guys still want to fist fight you...) And the two of them have been going hammer and tongs for at least an hour. It's late.

So, my buddy looks at Bolton and says/screams in Arabic - "Fine, if my translation is wrong, explain it to me in Arabic." Eerie silence for 30 seconds. As soon as Bolton starts to speak again, my buddy says "In Arabic." Both of these guys look like they're about ready to rip each other's throats out.

Bolton turns on heel and storms out.

I work in the Intel sector as well, have been since '12, the Bolton stuff doesn't surprise me. Some of these guys have no business running a McDonalds let alone our country.

26 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I'm at the age now where the idiots I went to High School with run the country. And believe me, they aren't our best or our brightest.

At the end of the day though, we vote for our leaders. Stupid greedy people elect stupid greedy politicians on both sides of the aisle. Whatever you think of Donald Trump, he is the visible tumor of a larger authoritarian cancer. Whatever you think of Nancy Pelosi, she is the visible hypocrisy of "not in my neighborhood" liberals.

We get the politicians we deserve. We voted for this. Our grandparents left us parks and libraries and we didn't want to pay the upkeep. We have left our kids nothing but a system that immediately preys on them to get them in as much debt as possible as soon as they're able to sign the paperwork. I'm ashamed of my generation.

You won't get any disagreement here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Daughter and I got Covid.  Both of us were vaccinated and luckily had relatively mild symptoms.  Still pretty wiped physically and have random headaches throughout the day.  Wife and baby (five months old) did not get it.  My daughter and I would up isolating from them for almost ten days.  Wore masks and kept our distance the last two.

Archived