Sign in to follow this  
bfine

Covid-19

He just said what you conservatives wish was the Truth.  I just appreciate that the buck stops with him.  Oh that's right, he's not responsible for Anything!  😂😂

They just cancelled LTL here in Louisville. A big concert series that is not until September.  

I see no football this year. 70 guys + coaches on one sideline at Commonwealth or Cardinal stadium and king Andy won't have it.  Let alone any fans. 

My employer just started enforcing us to wear masks. After surviving 8 weeks of pandemic working with 6k people and not one person getting sick our reward is that now we have to strap a cloth over our breathing passage ways.  

I fought it. Started packing up my locker and everything. Said i would not comply. They called me into HR and told me that they wouldn't fire me if i refused but that i wouldn't be allowed to work. They would give me a leave of absence and i could file for unemployment.

In the end i decided to just suck it up and wear the dam mask.  Its awful. Its already 85 degrees in there. Summer time it gets up to 102 103 in there. The mask just catches my sweat and sits there wet. Feel im more at danger with the dam mask.  Yall know how humid it gets in the ohio valley. 

They are opening things up here (in phases).  We still don't know if schools are going to re-open or not.  My wife an I have been 'teleworking' and I think things have been going well.  Not sure how things are going to work going forward, but discussions about both of us returning to work will happen tomorrow.

On 4/27/2020 at 2:10 AM, Catfish Bob said:

My employer just started enforcing us to wear masks. After surviving 8 weeks of pandemic working with 6k people and not one person getting sick our reward is that now we have to strap a cloth over our breathing passage ways.  

I fought it. Started packing up my locker and everything. Said i would not comply. They called me into HR and told me that they wouldn't fire me if i refused but that i wouldn't be allowed to work. They would give me a leave of absence and i could file for unemployment.

In the end i decided to just suck it up and wear the dam mask.  Its awful. Its already 85 degrees in there. Summer time it gets up to 102 103 in there. The mask just catches my sweat and sits there wet. Feel im more at danger with the dam mask.  Yall know how humid it gets in the ohio valley. 

My employer did the same thing, but your work conditions and mine are different.  

There are not many people where I work right now. 

On 4/27/2020 at 10:38 AM, Montana Bengal said:

They are opening things up here (in phases).  We still don't know if schools are going to re-open or not.  My wife an I have been 'teleworking' and I think things have been going well.  Not sure how things are going to work going forward, but discussions about both of us returning to work will happen tomorrow.

Id have followed you each step..

Handled that well..

And a i would have relented as well to keep my family with theirre needs..

You did good..

21 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Id have followed you each step..

Handled that well..

And a i would have relented as well to keep my family with theirre needs..

You did good..

Good news is that my job will be opening slower.  My boss said my team would likely be the last that would be asked to return to on site work.  We do most things online anyway. They will be flexible with most families and childcare needs. Wife’s boss said she may have to be on site basically for a day every 2-3 weeks.  No one wants to return at this point and many think it isn’t too soon.  They will have very few people in the buildings and basically one entrance with wipes and sanitizers.

Many schools in the state have decided to finish the rest of the year remotely...my daughter’s will be determined tomorrow morning.  I am 99% sure they will follow suit.  We have relied heavily on day camps for summer care.  I can’t  imagine we’ll be doing that this year.

I do feel bad for kids that don’t have great home situations where school is a break.

On a side note I have been making a ton of progress on some house projects.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dallas-salon-owner-sentenced-week-jail-reopening-businesses/story?id=70532233

A Dallas salon owner who repeatedly defied orders to shut down her business in compliance with state coronavirus executive orders was sentenced to a week in jail Tuesday.

Dallas Civil District Judge Eric Moyé criticized Shelly Luther for keeping her business, Salon a la Mode, open last week despite a citation, a cease and desist letter and a restraining order. During the hearing, Luther admitted that her business was still open partially, and the judge scolded her for blatantly disobeying the law meant to protect residents.

"The rule of law governs us. People cannot take it upon themselves to determine what they will and will not do," he said during the hearing.