Dolphins fan here: You guys interested in Trading down?

MrChadRico

Hola Bengals fans! 

I hope it's okay with you guys that I drop in for a friendly NFL Draft convo. 

I'm a Dolphins fan, who posts on Finheaven.com and weve been talking about the draft alot, like I'm sure you guys have been and I have a few questions for you guys. 

1) Would you guys want to trade down and what would it cost?  

So we have the #5, #18, #26, #39, #56 in the first 2 rounds as well as 2 picks in every round 3-7.  We also have all of our picks in 2021 as well as Houstons 1st and 2nd rounder. 

Most of the proposals I've seen tossed around are Cin #1 for Mia #5, #18, #39 and a 1st or 2nd in 2021 or #5, #18, CB Xavian Howard and a mid round pick?  Personally I think the Dolphins would be paying too much in the first proposal and I hate to lose Howard in the second one, but weve needed a QB for 20 years and if Burrow is finaly the guy then we will live with it and be happy.  Do either of those deals work for you guys?  If not what deal would you be happy with?

2) Having studied the 3 QBs at the top, Burrow, Tua and Herbert; how much better is Burrow really than the other 2?

I've admittedly spent alot more time researching Tua, Love and Herbert than I have Burrow. I'm curious how you guys have them ranked. Do you have Burrow way ahead of the others? The consensus on the Dolphins board is that they want Tua, no matter the cost, even over Burrow. Personally Tua's injury history and size scares me to death so i would personally rather see us trade up with you guys to get Burrow.  Herbert is a freak athlete but our fans hate the idea of drafting Herbert and I cant give a good excuse why, other than "he reminds us of Tannehill" its ridiculous.

3) if you guys did trade down and got the #5 and #18 pick, who would you guys want at those spots? 

Thank you guys in advance for letting me come over and have this convo and good luck in the draft!

My strong preference is to stay at 1 and take Burrow. If somehow you could acquire pick 2, I might consider it. Because Tua is the only other QB in this draft I’m remotely interested in. Or you would have to give us all of your 1s this year AND 2 first round picks next year so we can move up for Lawrence or Fields. 
But that’s not happening, so I’m perfectly happy to stay at 1 and take Burrow. 

Yes, MrChadRico, I would love to trade.  I want the #5, #18, #39 and your second first round pick for next year.  Don't listen to all these "Get off My Lawn" grumpy old men with their ball sacks hanging around their knees.  

1 hour ago, MrChadRico said:

Hola Bengals fans! 

I'm a Dolphins fan, who posts on Finheaven.com and weve been talking about the draft alot, like I'm sure you guys have been and I have a few questions for you guys. 

So we have the #5, #18, #26, #39, #56 in the first 2 rounds as well as 2 picks in every round 3-7.  We also have all of our picks in 2021 as well as Houstons 1st and 2nd rounder. 

Most of the proposals I've seen tossed around are Cin #1 for Mia #5, #18, #39 and a 1st or 2nd in 2021 or #5, #18, CB Xavian Howard and a mid round pick?  Personally I think the Dolphins would be paying too much in the first proposal and I hate to lose Howard in the second one, but weve needed a QB for 20 years and if Burrow is finaly the guy then we will live with it and be happy.  Do either of those deals work for you guys?  If not what deal would you be happy with?

2) Having studied the 3 QBs at the top, Burrow, Tua and Herbert; how much better is Burrow really than the other 2?

I've admittedly spent alot more time researching Tua, Love and Herbert than I have Burrow. I'm curious how you guys have them ranked. Do you have Burrow way ahead of the others? The consensus on the Dolphins board is that they want Tua, no matter the cost, even over Burrow. Personally Tua's injury history and size scares me to death so i would personally rather see us trade up with you guys to get Burrow.  Herbert is a freak athlete but our fans hate the idea of drafting Herbert and I cant give a good excuse why, other than "he reminds us of Tannehill" its ridiculous.

3) if you guys did trade down and got the #5 and #18 pick, who would you guys want at those spots? 

Thank you guys in advance for letting me come over and have this convo and good luck in the draft!

My apologies; not all Bengals fans are asshats.

Burrow is coming off the greatest season in the history of college football and it's going to take a lot to go elsewhere. Some people who have defended Andy for years and say "it's not just the QB" would not even consider 4 first round picks (3 2020, 1 2021) for him. If there were guarantees that Tua would be there I'd take it,  

If all 3 first round picks plus pick 39 and your second 1st rounder in 2021 Id think long and hard..

Ok ive thought long and hard and if you want him that bad why wouldnt we?..

Tua is busted up..

Herbert doesnt do much for me.

Joe Burrow is going to be a Bengal...sorry

4 hours ago, MrChadRico said:

Hola Bengals fans! 

Welcome to Go-Bengals.

1 The team isn't very interested in trading down. Personally, I'm also not interested. It would take a knockout offer, something better than the RG3 trade (3 1sts and a 2nd) to get Burrow imo.  

2 Yes, I rate Burrow as clearly better than Tua or Herbert. Herbert reminds me of Gabbert, a guy who has the tools but not the production to justify a high first round pick. Tua seems injury prone and also didn't elevate his team mates as much as Burrow did. Burrow's arm strength is average but serviceable. Most QB arms get stronger during their NFL career so I don't see it as an issue. The other knock on him is he was a 1 year wonder. He played pretty well late in 2018, then obviously much better once Brady arrived at LSU. If I were convinced Tua would stay healthy (I'm not convinced of that), then he would be a clear 2nd best QB prospect in this draft. 

3 If we got a godfather offer and traded down, then we might sign Winston or Newton as QB. Tanking for Trevor isn't really an option. Pick 5 would likely be Simmons if available or an OT. Pick 18 could be a LB or WR. 

Trading down to 5 doesn't guarantee them Tua. Tua is the only QB even remotely close to Burrow. Settling for a huge downgrade in Herbert with 5 would be a major loss.

The fit, value and need is too good for them to trade away.

1 hour ago, akiliMVP said:

Trading down to 5 doesn't guarantee them Tua. Tua is the only QB even remotely close to Burrow. Settling for a huge downgrade in Herbert with 5 would be a major loss.

The fit, value and need is too good for them to trade away.

Youd think Miami would trade fir the Skins second pick and get Tua..

No..that owner is sold lock stock and barrell over JB...

I can see all this playing out again next year for Lawrence...

Oh btw whos the only QB to beat Trevor Lawrence?...You know......

Not interested.If teams are willing to part with a zillion picks,that means he's worth spending our single first round pick on. As far as management,Mike Brown loves QB's,and more importantly,money.Draft Burrow,immediate excitement and new season ticket holders as well as a new fan base in SE Ohio. Trade him? Fans will leave,and they will hemorrhage the season ticket holders they still have.

It's not going to happen.

It would take the Bengals absolutely fleecing Miami. I'm thinking all the picks. At least all 1s and 2s this year and a 1 and 2 next year. I don't know if Brown even goes for that. He passed up a ridiculous offer to stay put and draft Akili Smith. You can't write a better story than Joe Burrow to the Bengals and it's the quickest way to get fans back in the stands. Also you have to wonder if Brown would rather pay 1 first round picks salary as opposed to 3 this year. If Cincy did trade out I'd look at Herbert or just ride Dalton 1 more year.

12 hours ago, Sox said:

Not interested.If teams are willing to part with a zillion picks,that means he's worth spending our single first round pick on. As far as management,Mike Brown loves QB's,and more importantly,money.Draft Burrow,immediate excitement and new season ticket holders as well as a new fan base in SE Ohio. Trade him? Fans will leave,and they will hemorrhage the season ticket holders they still have.

It's not going to happen.

That pretty much sums it up.

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

If all 3 first round picks plus pick 39 and your second 1st rounder in 2021 Id think long and hard..

Ok ive thought long and hard and if you want him that bad why wouldnt we?..

Tua is busted up..

Herbert doesnt do much for me.

Joe Burrow is going to be a Bengal...sorry

They have a bunch of picks next year as well. Plus their organization is pretty dysfunctional. 

Archived