Dolphins fan here: You guys interested in Trading down?

MrChadRico

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Gimme a break with this crap. Pennington was a very average, noodle-armed QB that rarely threw the ball downfield. He had a few good years much in the same way that Andy Dalton has, but in no way, shape or form will either one of them ever be regarded as anything more than mediocre. Not even close to the standard of "franchise QB".

Comparing Burrow to Pennington is an insult to Joe Burrow. 

He was second in MVP voting to Manning in 2008.  He wasn’t noodle armed until he fucked up his rotator cuff twice and that ended his career.  

He was noodle armed when he came out of Marshall.

He's Andy Dalton/Kase Keenum with a higher completion %....yippie.

Also, Dalton likely would have finished 2nd for MVP as well if it weren't for a broken hand. Big deal. It wouldn't have changed his trajectory in the slightest.

Sorry, but I expect a better player than that in Burrow and I don't like the comparison in the least. 

I also used Peyton Manning as a comparison, if you actually read my post, I have a feeling you stopped reading after the words Chad Pennington. Peyton had zero mobility tho, so Pennington is a better comparison, Burrow is more mobile than both Pennington or Manning but the fact is Burrow does not have a strong arm. Hence the comparisons to the more "noodle arm" QBs as you call them.  I bet if Burrow doesnt go to the Bengals, you will be the first person to call him "noodle arm" too. 

Tell me this Spicoli, who would you compare Burrow too? 

1 hour ago, MrChadRico said:

I have no idea what the Dolphins would be willing to give up. 

The talk is three 1st's this year #5,#18,#26 and another 1st or 2nd rounder in 2021. 

Personally, I wouldnt trade that for Burrow. The #5, #18 and next years 1st is where I would draw the line. 

I do not think the Bengals can trade the opportunity to take Burrow. I just don't think they can. But, having 4 of the first 33 picks would be hard not to consider. That's a lotta building capital. But, if your first pick is #5, not only do you not get Burrow, there's a possibility you don't get Tua or Herbert either. Although the latter is unlikely, it is possible. What a handful of shit they'd be looking at if they made the move and that happened.

I think the Bengals are "stuck" holding on to the pick and taking Burrow.

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

So Burrow isn’t going to get drafted, only have 5 winning seasons and win less regular season games than Dalton?  

I’m talking Kurt Warner when he got with the Rams. That guy was an incredible football player with an uncanny feel for the position. I also think the offense will be very similar that Burrow is going to be playing in.

That’s the thing about Burrow though, it’s the feel he has for the position and for the game as a whole. He’s not the most athletic guy and he doesn’t have the cannon arm but he has a feel for the game that very few have. He probably reminds me most of Big Ben in his prime with the way he plays the position. Bens bigger and a little less athletic but they both play the game the same way. 

I think at worst, he’s Tony Romo. 

I've seen "expert" comparison of Burrow to:

Peyton Manning

Andy Dalton

Tony Romo

Kurt Warner

Jared Goff

Deshaun Watson

Derek Carr

Andrew Luck

Carson Wentz

Tom Brady

Patrick Mahomes

Joe Montana

Personally, I've always found the "NFL Comparison" thing strange but I get why it's discussed from an entertainment perspective. 

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Peyton Manning

Andy Dalton

Tony Romo

Kurt Warner

Jared Goff

Deshaun Watson

Derek Carr

Andrew Luck

Carson Wentz

Tom Brady

Patrick Mahomes

Joe Montana

Personally, I've always found the "NFL Comparison" thing strange but I get why it's discussed from an entertainment perspective. 

Something to talk about when there’s not a whole lot going on. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/04/13/dolphins-grier-flores-against-trading-farm-move-up-nfl-draft/2983805001/

Miami Dolphins' Chris Grier, Brian Flores oppose trading picks for Joe Burrow, per report

Dave Clark, Cincinnati EnquirerPublished 2:19 p.m. ET April 13, 2020

Reports that the Miami Dolphins are interested in trading with the Cincinnati Bengals to move up to the No. 1 spot to select Joe Burrow likely will persist for the next 10 days until the 2020 NFL Draft arrives.

But Peter King reported Monday in his Football Morning in America column that he's learned that Dolphins general manager Chris Grier and head coach Brian Flores don't want the team to trade several picks in order to land Burrow in the draft.

From King:

I do hear that he and coach Brian Flores are very much against trading the farm to move up to get Burrow - which some in the organization want to do. I doubt owner Stephen Ross will pull the owner card and force a mega-offer to try to move up to number one, but we’ll see.

The Bengals reportedly have been spending as much time in meetings in advance of the draft as they're permitted with Burrow. And Bengals head coach Zac Taylor quieted speculation about a potential trade during an interview Monday with the Dan Patrick Show.

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I thought we were replacing our Tony Romo... Kinda goofy,  good regular season QB that melts down under pressure?

I said at worst. 

Yeah tell me you wouldn’t have rather had Romo instead of Dalton here lol..

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

I said at worst. 

Yeah tell me you wouldn’t have rather had Romo instead of Dalton here lol..

Honestly I see them as very similar players.  Romo maybe had a little better arm but his heart wasn't in it.  He wanted to be a golf pro.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

They can do that? Just fire people whenever they want? By gawd that man has a family!  Gonna lose so many GBP..

:ninja:

Then appease the owner..offer us a deal thats absurd and no 3 1sts a 2nd this year and a first next year not gonna do it...

How about all that and their best Olineman?

If theyre owner said do it then theyre in the clear..

He wants that kid in Miami for his abilities and markering purposes..

With all that said and done...I Might do it...

On 4/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, MrChadRico said:

Hola Bengals fans! 

I hope it's okay with you guys that I drop in for a friendly NFL Draft convo. 

I'm a Dolphins fan, who posts on Finheaven.com and weve been talking about the draft alot, like I'm sure you guys have been and I have a few questions for you guys. 

1) Would you guys want to trade down and what would it cost?  

So we have the #5, #18, #26, #39, #56 in the first 2 rounds as well as 2 picks in every round 3-7.  We also have all of our picks in 2021 as well as Houstons 1st and 2nd rounder. 

Most of the proposals I've seen tossed around are Cin #1 for Mia #5, #18, #39 and a 1st or 2nd in 2021 or #5, #18, CB Xavian Howard and a mid round pick?  Personally I think the Dolphins would be paying too much in the first proposal and I hate to lose Howard in the second one, but weve needed a QB for 20 years and if Burrow is finaly the guy then we will live with it and be happy.  Do either of those deals work for you guys?  If not what deal would you be happy with?

2) Having studied the 3 QBs at the top, Burrow, Tua and Herbert; how much better is Burrow really than the other 2?

I've admittedly spent alot more time researching Tua, Love and Herbert than I have Burrow. I'm curious how you guys have them ranked. Do you have Burrow way ahead of the others? The consensus on the Dolphins board is that they want Tua, no matter the cost, even over Burrow. Personally Tua's injury history and size scares me to death so i would personally rather see us trade up with you guys to get Burrow.  Herbert is a freak athlete but our fans hate the idea of drafting Herbert and I cant give a good excuse why, other than "he reminds us of Tannehill" its ridiculous.

3) if you guys did trade down and got the #5 and #18 pick, who would you guys want at those spots? 

Thank you guys in advance for letting me come over and have this convo and good luck in the draft!

Id love scenario 1. Pick 5, 18, 39 and the first rounder next year.  We can drop down to 5 and still get the best qb in the draft in Tua.  At pick 18 it would have to be patrick queen.

As you can see I dont think joe burrow is the best qb in the draft.  I have it tua, burrow and then herbert.  Burrows 2018 season scares the shit out of me when you have a new foles, keenum or tannehill every year now.   As a dolphins fan do you think tannehill is going to be worth that 30 mil a year?  I expect him to get cut by titans in 2 years if they have an out.   

With burrow going from one of worst passers in SEC to the best season in NCAA history in one year has alarm bells going off like crazy for me.  Watching every throw hes ever made on collegiate level I saw a lot of great plays this past season with a lot of wide open wr's and wr's winning an astounding number of 50/50 balls that were back breakers.  Herbert is more like a josh allen type to me.  Has very good athletic ability is big and can throw but right now lacks true pocket passer skills at this stage.  Hes a little slow on reads and misses some easy throws.

We wouldent do scenario 2 as we just spent a lot of money on waynes and will have to pay wjiii no way would we want to take on howards contract.

I don't see Tua having a good NFL career. He gets hurt....and hurt...and hurt.QB's that come to the NFL with a history of injuries typically continue to get injured.

I get some serious Sam Bradford vibes from Tua.

1 hour ago, Mikey6866 said:

Id love scenario 1. Pick 5, 18, 39 and the first rounder next year.  We can drop down to 5 and still get the best qb in the draft in Tua.  At pick 18 it would have to be patrick queen.

As you can see I dont think joe burrow is the best qb in the draft.  I have it tua, burrow and then herbert.  Burrows 2018 season scares the shit out of me when you have a new foles, keenum or tannehill every year now.   As a dolphins fan do you think tannehill is going to be worth that 30 mil a year?  I expect him to get cut by titans in 2 years if they have an out.   

With burrow going from one of worst passers in SEC to the best season in NCAA history in one year has alarm bells going off like crazy for me.  Watching every throw hes ever made on collegiate level I saw a lot of great plays this past season with a lot of wide open wr's and wr's winning an astounding number of 50/50 balls that were back breakers.  Herbert is more like a josh allen type to me.  Has very good athletic ability is big and can throw but right now lacks true pocket passer skills at this stage.  Hes a little slow on reads and misses some easy throws.

We wouldent do scenario 2 as we just spent a lot of money on waynes and will have to pay wjiii no way would we want to take on howards contract.

Tannehill will always be mediocre. If the titans running game dips because they lost Conklin, Tannehill will be forced to throw and he is not good when put in that position. 

Titans gave him way too much money 

23 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Peyton Manning

Andy Dalton

Tony Romo

Kurt Warner

Jared Goff

Deshaun Watson

Derek Carr

Andrew Luck

Carson Wentz

Tom Brady

Patrick Mahomes

Joe Montana

I see Burrow as another Joe Cool that can transform a bad team into something special...soon

There was Joe Namath who took the Jetsi to another level in a couple years..

He was cool and very confident in himself..

Then Joe Montana who took the Niners from 2-14 to the super bowl in a couple years..

Hr was cool and very confidant in himself..

Joe Burrow may be the next Joe Cool in leading the Bengals out if this doldrum in a couple years..

Crazy thinking? Maybe but he has the coolness and is very confident of himself..

Just sayin...

On 4/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, Mikey6866 said:

An intellect rivaled only by garden tools.

As smart as bait.

Chimney's clogged.

Doesn't have all his dogs on one leash.

Doesn't know much, bot leads the league in nostril hair.

Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Forgot to pay his brain bill.

Her sewing machine's out of thread.

His antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.

His belt doesn't go through all the loops.

If he had another brain, it would be lonely.

Missing a few buttons on his remote control.

No grain in the silo.

Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.

Receiver is off the hook.

He has less going on upstairs than a one story house.

Several nuts short of a full pouch.

Skylight leaks a little.

Slinky's kinked.

Surfing in Nebraska.

Too much yardage between the goal posts.

A few clowns short of a circus.

A few fries short of a Happy Meal.

An experiment in Artificial Stupidity.

A few beers short of a six-pack.

Dumber than a box of hair.

A few peas short of a casserole.

Doesn't have all his corn flakes in one box.

The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead.

One Fruit Loop shy of a full bowl.

One taco short of a combination plate.

A few feathers short of a whole duck.

All foam, no beer.

The cheese slid off his cracker.

Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

Couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The lights are on, but nobody's home.

24 cents short of a quarter.

A few bricks shy of a full load.

Nothing personal, of course and just my honest opinion...

42 minutes ago, bengaled said:
An intellect rivaled only by garden tools.

As smart as bait.

Chimney's clogged.

Doesn't have all his dogs on one leash.

Doesn't know much, bot leads the league in nostril hair.

Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Forgot to pay his brain bill.

Her sewing machine's out of thread.

His antenna doesn't pick up all the channels.

His belt doesn't go through all the loops.

If he had another brain, it would be lonely.

Missing a few buttons on his remote control.

No grain in the silo.

Proof that evolution CAN go in reverse.

Receiver is off the hook.

He has less going on upstairs than a one story house.

Several nuts short of a full pouch.

Skylight leaks a little.

Slinky's kinked.

Surfing in Nebraska.

Too much yardage between the goal posts.

A few clowns short of a circus.

A few fries short of a Happy Meal.

An experiment in Artificial Stupidity.

A few beers short of a six-pack.

Dumber than a box of hair.

A few peas short of a casserole.

Doesn't have all his corn flakes in one box.

The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead.

One Fruit Loop shy of a full bowl.

One taco short of a combination plate.

A few feathers short of a whole duck.

All foam, no beer.

The cheese slid off his cracker.

Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear.

Couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The lights are on, but nobody's home.

24 cents short of a quarter.

A few bricks shy of a full load.

Nothing personal, of course and just my honest opinion...

Most of them sound like a title to a country song!...

Archived