Dolphins fan here: You guys interested in Trading down?

MrChadRico

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Most of them sound like a title to a country song!...

Well, I was being a being a bit facetious, but yeah....you're right about that!

I really liked this one......

He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

4 hours ago, bengaled said:

Well, I was being a being a bit facetious, but yeah....you're right about that!

I really liked this one......

He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Meh, was used on females years ago as an ugly tree...not by me of course, as I was a gentleman 😏

9 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

Meh, was used on females years ago as an ugly tree...not by me of course, as I was a gentleman 😏

I recall a variation of "ran through the ugly/stupid forest and hit every tree".

And also another one (I see where this thread is going) "Dumb as a bag of hammers".

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I recall a variation of "ran through the ugly/stupid forest and hit every tree".

And also another one (I see where this thread is going) "Dumb as a bag of hammers".

I told a girl that once and she replied..."Which hammer?"

On 4/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, MrChadRico said:

I dont think you realize how good Pennington was. Plus this is a comparison of their game styles.  No where did I say Burrow was Pennington, like your suggesting. He played on a crap Jets team and took them to the playoffs constantly. He had pinpoint accuracy. Go look at his stats if you dont remember. 

I always liked Chad Pennington, he played on some pretty bad Jets teams and always had them fighting for a playoff spot. 

That said, Burrow is WAY better than Chad Pennington.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

That reminds me of a saying I learned from one of my UK coworkers:

"Useless as a bag of pants."

Now, when he said it I was thinking... a bag of pants might be useful!  So I asked him what it means, and for those that don't know the distinction, "pants" in UK = underwear over here (pants here = trousers there).

So in translation it would be "Useless as a bag of underwear".

I guess in Canada a better translation would be "Useless as a bag of gotchies".

On 4/14/2020 at 2:19 PM, spicoli said:

Kurt Warner

Warner wasn't all that mobile. Burrow is more mobile than he was. 

I think at the top end I've heard Steve Young, at the bottom end Chad Pennington (lol), and somewhere in the middle Tony Romo. 

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Warner wasn't all that mobile. Burrow is more mobile than he was. 

I think at the top end I've heard Steve Young, at the bottom end Chad Pennington (lol), and somewhere in the middle Tony Romo. 

Yeah. Although I thought Warner was a master of subtly moving around in the pocket to buy himself time when he was with the Rams. That and the offense he was playing in is where the comparison comes from for me. That Rams offense is how I see the Burrow-led Bengals offense eventually looking....hopefully.

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

When mad at someone, we used to say "F**k You and your bag of hammers"

Not sure if this was a local thing or not. 

And for added fun we would translate to French "F**k You, et ton sac de marteaux" . French folk would always look at you funny knowing WHAT you said but with no ides WHY you said it..lol

On 4/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, Mikey6866 said:

Id love scenario 1. Pick 5, 18, 39 and the first rounder next year.  We can drop down to 5 and still get the best qb in the draft in Tua.  At pick 18 it would have to be patrick queen.

As you can see I dont think joe burrow is the best qb in the draft.  I have it tua, burrow and then herbert.  Burrows 2018 season scares the shit out of me when you have a new foles, keenum or tannehill every year now.   As a dolphins fan do you think tannehill is going to be worth that 30 mil a year?  I expect him to get cut by titans in 2 years if they have an out.   

With burrow going from one of worst passers in SEC to the best season in NCAA history in one year has alarm bells going off like crazy for me.  Watching every throw hes ever made on collegiate level I saw a lot of great plays this past season with a lot of wide open wr's and wr's winning an astounding number of 50/50 balls that were back breakers.  Herbert is more like a josh allen type to me.  Has very good athletic ability is big and can throw but right now lacks true pocket passer skills at this stage.  Hes a little slow on reads and misses some easy throws.

We wouldent do scenario 2 as we just spent a lot of money on waynes and will have to pay wjiii no way would we want to take on howards contract.

I'm not even sure Tua gets taken before Herbert. 

I guess our owner Stephen Ross has told our GM Cris Grier to "do whatever you can to get us Burrow"  

We might be offering you guys a ridiculous haul of picks for #1.... like 4 firsts and a second or more. 

This could get interesting. 

Happy Draft Day!  Wish you guys the best of luck.  If we give you all our picks I'm gonna be pretty bored/upset. I dont want to give up that much, I'd rather the Dolphins just use our 5 picks in the top 56 picks on 5 quality starters, but I'll be happy no matter what happens. Hope you guys have a good one. 

6 minutes ago, MrChadRico said:

I guess our owner Stephen Ross has told our GM Cris Grier to "do whatever you can to get us Burrow"  

We might be offering you guys a ridiculous haul of picks for #1.... like 4 firsts and a second or more. 

Happy Draft Day!  Wish you guys the best of luck.  If we give you all our picks I'm gonna be pretty bored/upset. I dont want to give up that much, I'd rather the Dolphins just use our 5 picks in the top 56 picks on 5 quality starters, but I'll be happy no matter what happens. Hope you guys have a good one. 

Sorry, but that's not enough. The word is if we would even consider it you'd have to offer your first three rounds this year and next.

26 minutes ago, MrChadRico said:

Nope. 

On 4/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, MrChadRico said:

Hola Bengals fans! 

I hope it's okay with you guys that I drop in for a friendly NFL Draft convo. 

I'm a Dolphins fan, who posts on Finheaven.com and weve been talking about the draft alot, like I'm sure you guys have been and I have a few questions for you guys. 

1) Would you guys want to trade down and what would it cost?  

So we have the #5, #18, #26, #39, #56 in the first 2 rounds as well as 2 picks in every round 3-7.  We also have all of our picks in 2021 as well as Houstons 1st and 2nd rounder. 

Most of the proposals I've seen tossed around are Cin #1 for Mia #5, #18, #39 and a 1st or 2nd in 2021 or #5, #18, CB Xavian Howard and a mid round pick?  Personally I think the Dolphins would be paying too much in the first proposal and I hate to lose Howard in the second one, but weve needed a QB for 20 years and if Burrow is finaly the guy then we will live with it and be happy.  Do either of those deals work for you guys?  If not what deal would you be happy with?

2) Having studied the 3 QBs at the top, Burrow, Tua and Herbert; how much better is Burrow really than the other 2?

I've admittedly spent alot more time researching Tua, Love and Herbert than I have Burrow. I'm curious how you guys have them ranked. Do you have Burrow way ahead of the others? The consensus on the Dolphins board is that they want Tua, no matter the cost, even over Burrow. Personally Tua's injury history and size scares me to death so i would personally rather see us trade up with you guys to get Burrow.  Herbert is a freak athlete but our fans hate the idea of drafting Herbert and I cant give a good excuse why, other than "he reminds us of Tannehill" its ridiculous.

3) if you guys did trade down and got the #5 and #18 pick, who would you guys want at those spots? 

Thank you guys in advance for letting me come over and have this convo and good luck in the draft!

Love to trade down.

What will you give us for #33, or #65? Or both?

On 4/14/2020 at 1:38 PM, spicoli said:

He was noodle armed when he came out of Marshall.

He's Andy Dalton/Kase Keenum with a higher completion %....yippie.

Also, Dalton likely would have finished 2nd for MVP as well if it weren't for a broken hand. Big deal. It wouldn't have changed his trajectory in the slightest.

Sorry, but I expect a better player than that in Burrow and I don't like the comparison in the least. 

Because you're basing your assessment on Burrow as what you want it to be. You're just a cheerleader.

20 hours ago, MrChadRico said:

Same to you. I've always liked the dolphins since I bandwagon jumped on their perfect season. Paul Warfield and Isaac Curtis are probably my favorite players ever.

Really enjoyed your posts, it's refreshing to get mew members that talk about football, sorry again that you didn't get a better, more reasonable, objective response to your well thought out scenario. 

Archived