Just a list of mock draft simulators for those that are interested:

Here's what the final drafts look like

TDN:

image.png.87ef207a37fb3d32381b3cc7eea0eb39.png

Fanspeak:

image.png.c55ffab97fe3058b46b720fd7c61eff4.png

PFF:

image.png.8e51e0fba8c61d0f51c584bdf43e68eb.png

I received Carolina's 2nd Rd pick next year, the Guard I wanted, the EDGE player I wanted, two WR's to battle and grow and play ST's and a LB to play ST's andcompete for snaps with the LB group. Throckmorton is very good.  Best value pick in the draft.

I also took LB Jordan Wilson (didn't know you took him), but got him 40 picks later.

I use our 1st, our 2nd and Carolina's 2nd next season to move up and Take a once-in-a-decade LT from Oregon to protect Burrow's blindside for the rest of his career.  Our 1st Rd pick from last year moves to RT in 2021.

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

How does picking Logan Wilson 40 picks later get you a lower draft grade for that pick?   :shrug: 

I think they take into account who else was on the board and based on what you chose in the beginning if you're drafting for need or not.

We've seen enough of "combine" players, the Hunt's, Ogbuehi's and Kirkpatrick's. Bengals want players now who can tackle on Defense and block and break tackles on Offense.

[video]https://twitter.com/i/status/1188540943135195136[/video]

Jennings highlights...from just one game.

Jennings earlier in the NFL Draft participated in the Senior Bowl, where he got the chance to perform in front of NFL personnel in practices and caught a touchdown pass in the game.

“He’s wired differently than most wide receivers from a mental standpoint in terms of kind of having that edge to his personality,” Senior Bowl executive director and long-time NFL scout Jim Nagy said in January. “So good with his hands and so good after the catch in terms of broken tackles and forcing guys to tackle him. Like, you have to tackle Jauan Jennings. He makes you (tackle him), you’ve got to wrap up and tackle that guy. He’s different than anyone in this group. He’s different than anyone else in this draft.

“If you want like a tone-setter attitude and a guy that can work the middle of the field and underneath stuff and be that true possession guy, I think he could get on the field next year and catch a bunch of balls, because there’s just so few guys like him. You know he’s going to play on fourth down. You know he’s going to be a core special-teams player, and then if he’s that, you’re going to find a way to get him in packages at receiver as well."

The Bengals led the NFL last season in 11-man personnel (1TE, 1RB).  With last year's 2nd Rd pick being a block-first TE, the Bengals needed a Slot Receiver who is a great target for a young Quarterback and who can help move the chains and act as a safety valve for the inexperienced QB.  That player is Jennings.

From PFF:

Jauan Jennings, Tennessee

"In a class that features upward of five first-round-type talents at wide receiver all with dynamic athletic profiles, it was actually Jennings who led the entire country last season in broken tackles. He broke a ridiculous 30 tackles on only 59 catches last season — four more than any other receiver in the country. His balance and ability to slip free from defenders is second to none in the draft class. Unfortunately, he is limited athletically and ran only a 4.72 40-yard dash at the Combine. Still, Jennings can fill the big-slot role in an offense and turn underneath targets into first-downs routinely."

PFF's analysis:

8. CALVIN THROCKMORTON, OREGON

Draft Board Rank: 87th

Throckmorton is the first convert on this list, although calling him a tackle is not giving him nearly enough credit. Throckmorton has taken at least one snap at every single position along the offensive line (he took literally one at left guard in 2016) in his four years as a starter at Oregon. Even with him flip-flopping positions as needed in each of the past three years, Throckmorton earned pass-blocking grades of 89.5, 87.4, and 90.2, respectively, over that span. He's built like a cinder block with excellent natural leverage. While he doesn't have the quicks or length you want from a tackle, Throckmorton is one of the best linemen in the country at sustaining blocks once engaged.

Ranked 87th on PFF's board, I got him at 113 on their simulator.

4 hours ago, Gremzz said:

PFF seems pretty ridiculous:

mock 1.png

Yeah, their trade logic seems off, but I’d give this draft a 99.0 grade too!  Sign me up.  They really don’t like Queen or Chaisson that high.  I’m not high on Chaisson, but I’d take a chance on Queen because it’s such a need for us.

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I would absolutely love it if we got Queen in the 2nd 

You never know, there are always runs at a certain position or a couple of "WTF?" picks that could knock him down to the 2nd. I'd prefer Murray but I'm not holding my breath for either one. I DID get both in a fanspeak draft once, I got Murray in the 2nd and Queen in the 3rd. JACKPOT!!

I'm a mock draft junkie, don't follow college football, and love the input and insight of the posters here.

No kidding.

That said, Bengals Wire just posted one I would love the fudge out of.  Trade down from 33.  If only...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/11/cincinnati-bengals-7-round-mock-draft-trade-down-2nd-round/9/

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm a mock draft junkie, don't follow college football, and love the input and insight of the posters here.

No kidding.

That said, Bengals Wire just posted one I would love the fudge out of.  Trade down from 33.  If only...

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/11/cincinnati-bengals-7-round-mock-draft-trade-down-2nd-round/9/

Heres my mock..

1..JB ....nuff said

2. RT  Isaiah Wilson...he wont last thru second round..get this mannish boy!

3..LB...Willie Gay...he wont last the third round..hell maybe go in second round..

4. I dont care fron here on ..they have Green Tate Ross and dont forget Stanley Morgan as wideouts. Boyd in the slot but need another slot receiver..Erickkson isnt the answer...

So mayby a slot in round four ..

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Sounds allright..

5th round slot receiver then..

Draft is  loaded with receiveers..

True, but I think after the first 8-9 WRs there's a steep falloff.  If we don't get one by the 3rd, I think our chances of getting a good WR from this draft are slim.  Even the 3rd may be too late.

14 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

True, but I think after the first 8-9 WRs there's a steep falloff.  If we don't get one by the 3rd, I think our chances of getting a good WR from this draft are slim.  Even the 3rd may be too late.

This is accurate. You have until middle of 3rd round and then the cliff approaches.

34 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Call me hardheaded but ill stick with

Wison at two. and Gay at three IF theyre on the board at that time..

After that who knows..id like a slot receiver or as sparky  mentioned a guard that can create holes for Mixon..

Dont have a clue at 5..bpa maybe..

6 and 7th rounders lookin for some speed and experience at special teams..

When all said and done the Bengals have their own ideas...

We ll see....

42 minutes ago, membengal said:

This is accurate. You have until middle of 3rd round and then the cliff approaches.

I'm fine with the cliff, the team has bigger needs then WR. I don't think you can draft someone because AJ just might get hurt, fix the oline so Mixon can run wild and you don't need to throw alot.

3 hours ago, gupps said:

I'm fine with the cliff, the team has bigger needs then WR. I don't think you can draft someone because AJ just might get hurt, fix the oline so Mixon can run wild and you don't need to throw alot.

Next year we only have Tate under contract, right?  That’s a huge need IMO.  

Archived