Mock Draft Simulators

21 minutes ago, bengals7833 said:

Didn’t Boyd just resign

yes, you’re right. We have Boyd and Tate under contract for next year. Still feels like we have to come away with a WR from this draft. Maybe not a dire need, but close. 

14 hours ago, membengal said:

It’s pretty dire.

Green ...hopefully has a great yr..if healthy

Tate...good rookie season ..more snaps coming for him..

Boyd..good slot

Ross...idk..who does??

Morgan..potential for more snaps.

Errickson...meh as a slot.

Final analysis..

Hopefully they sign a vet ...i think they will

Dire? I dont think so but alot of pieces have to fall in place...

I expect they'll sign AJ to a longer deal. If he stays healthy, the position isn't in dire shape at all. We won't pick up the 5th year option on Ross so he's likely gone next season. We'll be looking for a replacement for him but it's a much lower priority than fixing the O-line and LB corps.

First chance I've had to sit down since the storms hit here. I'd be more than happy with this haul..

1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW

LSU

33: R2P1 C CESAR RUIZ

MICHIGAN

65: R3P1 LB JORDYN BROOKS

TEXAS TECH

107: R4P1 LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER

APP STATE

147: R5P1 WR VAN JEFFERSON

FLORIDA

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Boyd..good slot

Ross...idk..who does??

Final analysis..

In terms of who is signed past this year - it is dire. It is Boyd and Tate (if you buy into him being an answer and I don’t yet).

So, for 2021 as it currently stands, it’s just Boyd who is legit. 

the need is dire.

PS - most of the receivers you all are mocking in 4th and 5th rounds like Van Jefferson and Devin Duverney and Tyler Johnson are slot guys - which we already have set in Boyd. If you want a future potential outside guy to replace Ross and/Green - you have to find him before round four...

24 minutes ago, membengal said:

PS - most of the receivers you all are mocking in 4th and 5th rounds like Van Jefferson and Devin Duverney and Tyler Johnson are slot guys - which we already have set in Boyd. If you want a future potential outside guy to replace Ross and/Green - you have to find him before round four...

We have Boyd in the slot..

Errickson is next up..meh..

Tyler Johnson would be a good choice to replace him..

Need more than one slot ...

On 4/11/2020 at 2:38 PM, claptonrocks said:

Heres my mock..

4. I dont care fron here on ..they have Green Tate Ross and dont forget Stanley Morgan as wideouts. Boyd in the slot but need another slot receiver..Erickkson isnt the answer...

So mayby a slot in round four ..

I disagree on 4. Who knows what management's long term thinking is on both Green and Ross? Perhaps a good case can be made that their play this year will be a determining factor on each of them? Boyd is under contract, so if I were in charge of adding to the WR room, I'd be looking at an outside guy moreso than a slot guy. Ideally, it'd probably be a guy who in the worse case scenario could fill either the X or Y roles depending on how the season plays out for each of Green or Ross, should we decide to move on from either of them.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Boyd..good slot

Ross...idk..who does??

Final analysis..

AJ has only played one full season out of the last 4; and he’s not getting any younger.  Unfortunately, you can’t count on him to make it though a season.

Tate is solid, but he can’t be your #2 or higher

Boyd is really good, and I’m happy we’ve got him

Ross...unreliable

Morgan...he didn’t get drafted for a reason

Erickson...produces when he gets a shot as long as he’s not on the outside

I’d say this is pretty dire, especially with a rookie QB coming in.

Let’s look at a realistic scenario based on the last 5 year.

1. AJ gets hurt in game 3, misses 10 games

2. There’s some tape on Tate, but he still plays well, especially in the red zone

3.  Ross plays 8 games and scores 6 TDs in those games....but only 8 games

4.  Boyd has another 1k yard season

Joe Burrow will be throwing to Tate, Boyd and probably Erickson at the end of the season.  That’s not winning football.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Mims

Reagor

shenault

higgins 

Mims

Shenault

Pittman 

Peoples-Jones

Higgins 

Those are my guys in order. 
I know I’m probably higher on Pittman and DPJ than most but I have a strong feeling that the actual NFL scouts/gms are going to have a higher opinion of those two than the internet scouts/gms will. Both of those guys are NFL-ready and can be day one plug-and-play starters on the outside, IMO. 

Aiyuk doesn’t really do much for me and Reagor will be a slot receiver, IMO. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

Mims

Shenault

Pittman 

Peoples-Jones

Higgins 

I know I’m probably higher on Pittman and DVP than most but I have a strong feeling that the actual NFL scouts/gms are going to have a higher opinion of those two than the internet scouts/gms will. Both of those guys are NFL-ready and can be day one plug-and-play starters on the outside, IMO. 

Not much on Higgins are you? Why?

44 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Mims

Shenault

Pittman 

Peoples-Jones

Higgins 

I know I’m probably higher on Pittman and DVP than most but I have a strong feeling that the actual NFL scouts/gms are going to have a higher opinion of those two than the internet scouts/gms will. Both of those guys are NFL-ready and can be day one plug-and-play starters on the outside, IMO. 

Could not disageee more on Reagor - he’s an outside guy.

As far as WRs go, I haven’t seen any discussion about Mike Thomas on here.  There is a photo gallery of him on the Bengals app, so I assume we signed him.  Does he bring anything to the table or is he just another body?

I do like Higgins and Mims but 

Im not sure thats a Priority over OT and cover backer...

This. I don't think you can fix this team in one year so you pretty much have to pick your poison. AFAIC protecting the franchise should be job #1, that means oline. The next worst (or maybe the worst)  group is LB, so there's another premium pick. Want to pick a WR after round 4 or 5 I'd be fine with that.  Or maybe trade down a bit and get an extra 3rd and use the freebie.

Not much on Higgins are you? Why?

I'm not necessarily down on Higgins, I like him better than Aiyuk and Reagor. I just don't think he's as polished as the other guys I mentioned. Maybe a tick higher upside but a lower floor, IMO. 

49 minutes ago, mojo said:

As far as WRs go, I haven’t seen any discussion about Mike Thomas on here.  There is a photo gallery of him on the Bengals app, so I assume we signed him.  Does he bring anything to the table or is he just another body?

Good special teamer..

Hes fast so hell replace Tony McRae on STs .

Zach was in LA with him..

Maybe he saw something in him..

23 hours ago, bengaled said:

What if Laviska Shenault dropped to #33? Would you guys be open to taking him over a LB or OL there? Weigh in....

Nope. I think he will probably be available at 33 but fixing the O-line has to be the priority over adding another WR. I'd much rather trust AJ Green to stay healthy than Bobby Hart to suddenly improve massively. 

Picking a WR at 33 is almost a must.

He will be AJ's replacement.

You won't find his replacement in the 3rd round or later, even though this is one of the deepest WR classes ever.

We can't go into the season thinking AJ will make it to the end of the season unscathed.

That's just facts.

Boyd is a solid No. 2, but we need someone opposite of him who can get down field and make plays

The run on WR's will start around pick #10.

After taking Joe Burrow at #1 if the Bengals really want to find AJ's replacement, what about being bold and move back up into the 1st round?  Best guesses put Jeudy-Ruggs-Lamb around picks 10-15 but you never know how the draft will go.  Are any of the next 3 wr's legitimate AJ Green replacements and how far would the Bengals have to move up to get one?  Would you package picks only?  Would you trade someone and who?

Archived