Mock Draft Simulators

Hes Very small in stature..

Bengals have Treveon Williams thats choppin to play..

I doubt they draft an RB unless the drop Bernard ..

They want to pound the ball and with Mixon Patrick snd Treveon theyre more thsn equipped to do so..

I believe Anderson is an injury waiting to happen and getting out of Bernards contract (4.4mil)  would open it up for these backs to get their reps and pound it ...

If hes a ST player or PS maybe so.

Hell its the 7th round...

I could have gone OL in the 2nd round,but went with Reagor. He was the last impact WR (imo) left,and the only WR's the Bengals have under contract for 2021 at this time are Tate and Boyd. I like both Bartch and Bredeson,so I was fairly happy with this draft.

420bartch.jpg

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hes Very small in stature..

Bengals have Treveon Williams thats choppin to play..

I doubt they draft an RB unless the drop Bernard ..

They want to pound the ball and with Mixon Patrick snd Treveon theyre more thsn equipped to do so..

I believe Anderson is an injury waiting to happen and getting out of Bernards contract (4.4mil)  would open it up for these backs to get their reps and pound it ...

If hes a ST player or PS maybe so.

Hell its the 7th round...

Ha, I forgot about Treveon Willilams that quickly.

19 hours ago, bengaled said:

I will one better you, lol, though you might not agree with my draft on First Pick. I traded away next year's first and this year's third on a dropping player that I thought we needed immensely. To offset that, I traded down in the second and gained my 3rd back. Anyway...tell me what you think.

Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 18 (MIA): Isaiah Simmons, OLB/ILB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 10 (JAX): Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (JAX): Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Javaris Davis, CB, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Quez Watkins, WR, So. Miss (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss (A+)

That is a wet dream scenario right there!

1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW LSU

33: R2P1 EDGE TERRELL LEWIS ALABAMA

65: R3P1 LB LOGAN WILSON WYOMING

107: R4P1 OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO AUBURN

147: R5P1 WR ANTONIO GANDY-GOLDEN LIBERTY

180: R6P1 G LOGAN STENBERG KENTUCKY

215: R7P1 S JORDAN FULLER OHIO ST.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

I cannot recommend this enough if you want a consensus of where prospects are on a collective industry-wide big board...

I don't think it is really possible to have a consensus board, but it is a good effort to accumulate one. Teams have different systems so they would look at players differently and rank them differently. 

Edit - i went through the article and it was well done and specifically identifies differences. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/report-technical-glitch-during-leagues-mock-draft/

Oh good lord...

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, a participant in the exercise said there was already a hiccup.

“Mock draft today already technical glitch w Cincinnatis 1st pick!!! Brutal,” the participant wrote.

Are there any details as to what this "mock" draft was supposed to be testing?  Was it the individual feeds of the teams?  Was it the infrastructure that will be consumed by fans/viewers?   I would guess the former is a hell of a lot more important, and the latter should be pretty will in-place so.... why so much automation?  Why do we need to care about the tech in terms of picks?  This shouldn't be something that can be left to glitches, they should have like 5 layers of backups as to how a pick is made (and there shouldn't be any of them where there is anything like a "digital card" being "sent in", if that's the implication here).

I'm also pretty sure that since the Bengals have confirmed there's no way they're trading the pick... they've already told Goodell who they're picking.  If there's any pick in this draft that should be completely bullet-proof to glitches or failures, it's 1-1.

3 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Are there any details as to what this "mock" draft was supposed to be testing?  Was it the individual feeds of the teams?  Was it the infrastructure that will be consumed by fans/viewers?   I would guess the former is a hell of a lot more important, and the latter should be pretty will in-place so.... why so much automation?  Why do we need to care about the tech in terms of picks?  This shouldn't be something that can be left to glitches, they should have like 5 layers of backups as to how a pick is made (and there shouldn't be any of them where there is anything like a "digital card" being "sent in", if that's the implication here).

I'm also pretty sure that since the Bengals have confirmed there's no way they're trading the pick... they've already told Goodell who they're picking.  If there's any pick in this draft that should be completely bullet-proof to glitches or failures, it's 1-1.

Looks like cincy jungle has a little bit more info on the mishap

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/20/21228429/bengals-mock-draft-2020-nfl-simulation

Seems like you are right in that it wasnt actually getting the pick in, but more audio/video issues. Glad they are ironing this stuff out now. Looks like a final tweet was added saying things were working more smoothly as well.

10 minutes ago, Griever said:

Looks like cincy jungle has a little bit more info on the mishap

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/4/20/21228429/bengals-mock-draft-2020-nfl-simulation

Seems like you are right in that it wasnt actually getting the pick in, but more audio/video issues. Glad they are ironing this stuff out now. Looks like a final tweet was added saying things were working more smoothly as well.

Thanks for this.

I think this is part of what Tobin was talking about as the "big advantage" the Bengals have with the first pick every day.  Not just that they have hours and hours to both talk trade and analyse what's going on, but they don't have to actually participate in the mess that is the conference call (unless they make a trade and get back in a round).

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

so is the draft clock really enforced? Would they force a team to forfeit their pick if they can't get through to the league? Can you imagine the repercussions?

Well, let’s just hope they have their Blackberries charged up.  

This shouldn’t be that tough. If we could roll ISDN lines out for unfettered internet connectivity in the 90’s, these teams can certainly pay to have a fiber line buried and run to whatever facility they will be using. Same with whatever internal server/platform will be handling the information from the various teams.

18 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

When did the Bengals confirm that they're not trading the pick and told Goodell who they're picking?

14 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

so is the draft clock really enforced? Would they force a team to forfeit their pick if they can't get through to the league? Can you imagine the repercussions?

If a team runs out of time, they don't lose their pick. It just lets the next team go on the clock and make their pick. It happened a few years ago when Minnesota and Baltimore were discussing a trade. Time ran out and another team jumped in and made their pick, putting the following team on the clock, etc. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

When did the Bengals confirm that they're not trading the pick and told Goodell who they're picking?

Ok, to be fair, Zac in his interview said there doesn't seem to be a scenario where they'll trade it (but didn't go so far as saying they definitely won't, why would he?).  I do believe that as always, the team with the first overall pick is allowed to decide early... I don't know how slotting changed things, but if you recall the Bengals negotiated and confirmed their deal with Palmer before the draft, which was always the prerogative of the team picking first.  Regardless of any official rules, if the Bengals have decided and want to tell Goodell who they're picking to avoid any confusion or debate, why wouldn't they?  Again, this is my own speculation but if they don't do that they're taking an unnecessary risk with the whole mess of this virtual draft.

Archived