Mock Draft Simulators

On 4/13/2020 at 1:11 PM, bengaled said:

Who knows what management's long term thinking is on both Green and Ross? Perhaps a good case can be made that their play this year will be a determining factor on each of them?  Ideally, it'd probably be a guy who in the worse case scenario could fill either the X or Y roles depending on how the season plays out for each of Green or Ross, should we decide to move on from either of them.

This is a big part of the draft plan.

with a decent oline and a lb that can cover a te or rb you will be able to keep the game closer / run more,  which helps keeps defenses more honest and not teeing off on your "franchise " QB .

taking a wr just to replace AJ   does nothing to help  your franchise player survive until 2021 when you might  need him .   

worry about 1 year at a time.  take a OL or  LB which will help you this year and next year. IF a quality OL or LB isnt available at 33 but quality WR is , then use that wr's  value to trade down and make the team better. 

15 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

with a decent oline and a lb that can cover a te or rb you will be able to keep the game closer / run more,  which helps keeps defenses more honest and not teeing off on your "franchise " QB .

taking a wr just to replace AJ   does nothing to help  your franchise player survive until 2021 when you might  need him .   

worry about 1 year at a time.  take a OL or  LB which will help you this year and next year. IF a quality OL or LB isnt available at 33 but quality WR is , then use that wr's  value to trade down and make the team better. 

Well said...

1 hour ago, stryker57 said:

“next year...at 33”?  

Don’t you mean at 32?  :wink: 

🦗

Thurs night 8pm...who all is on here at the moment? 

Those who are go to Draft Machine right now and do a 5 rounder. Come back here and post the results and then we'll all discuss and compare notes.

What else is there to do? Stay at home orders are boring. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Those who are go to Draft Machine right now and do a 5 rounder. Come back here and post the results and then we'll all discuss and compare notes.

I’m here, selected:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Murray, LB , OU

3. Niang, OT, TCU

4. Wilson, LB, Wyoming

5. Lynch, IDL, Baylor

6. Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

7. Reed, WR/RB, UVA

My Picks

1 Joe Burrow QB LSU - Stud!

33 Austin Jackson OT USC- Meh. I can see Turner liking him though.

65 Willie Gay Jr. LB Mississippi State- Speed and aggression to burn. Can he put it all together early?

107 Amik Robertson CB Louisiana Tech- Smaller corner that takes ZERO shit. Antoine Winfield-esque. 

147 Devin Duvernay WR Texas- This kid can play on my team any day of the week. Pure football player. 

40 minutes ago, membengal said:

I’m here, selected:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Murray, LB , OU

3. Niang, OT, TCU

4. Wilson, LB, Wyoming

5. Lynch, IDL, Baylor

6. Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

7. Reed, WR/RB, UVA

I just hope Murray sneaks through. Gonna be super close, IMO. 

I would rather have a WR there myself, but that the simulator was cruel - so I took Murray.

Here is one I just ran on PFF where I did one trade back:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Pittman, WR, USC (traded back to 45)

3. Hunt, G, Louisiana

4. Wilson, LB, Wyoming

4. Edwards, WR, SC

5. S. Charles, OT, LSU

6. Bachie, LB, MSU

7. A. Robinson, Edge, Syracuse

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

16 hours ago, membengal said:

I would rather have a WR there myself, but that the simulator was cruel - so I took Murray.

Here is one I just ran on PFF where I did one trade back:

1. Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Pittman, WR, USC (traded back to 45)

3. Hunt, G, Louisiana

4. Wilson, LB, Wyoming

4. Edwards, WR, SC

5. S. Charles, OT, LSU

6. Bachie, LB, MSU

7. A. Robinson, Edge, Syracuse

Love the hell out of that one! I really like Pittman and Hunt both.

3 hours ago, bengaled said:

Gregg Allman ...boy did i like his music..

2 hours ago, bengaled said:

Yeah, might represent the best haul I've made in one this year....sadly it's also very unrealistic.

Not sure about that. I don't think Higgins is going to go as high as people think he will. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Not sure about that. I don't think Higgins is going to go as high as people think he will. 

I agree about that and think there's a good chance both he and Pittman sneak into the top of 3, which would be tailor made for us and our needs, I think. Higgins would be a good value there, but I might have issues taking him much earlier. He can go away in games, but also enough upside that his ceiling hasn't been reached, as well. Pittman will probably be one of those sleepers that plays 6-8 years and wins a lot of games for somebody...love that kid! 

26 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I think he ll go higher...much higher... Imho..

We'll see, I guess? I think he racked up a lot of his impressive numbers against fairly shitty competition and when faced with a legitimate press/man corner across from him became a girl. He's not going to have all the easy Saturday afternoons at the next level and is going to have to raise his game. He can play as an X, but I think he'll maybe have problems there and likely fits better as a big bodied Y type. I think his draft position will reflect all these things too. He had some opportunities to earn more money at the end of the year and didn't cash in. I am NOT saying he can't become a much better player than he currently seems to be, but right now there's a lot of holes in his game....lack of top end speed, drops some easy balls, can be bullied and go away. Let's also remember the QB that was throwing him the ball, OK?  Despite these concerns, I would love to draft him at #65, before that...not so much. I DO see him as a late 2nd early 3rd type, especially given the depth of this group of WR class, but I would feel we reached, and I mean really reached, if we took him at #33. I think he'll end up a really good player, but has some growing to do. I don't think he has half the potential of that Ross kid, who played across from him. That kid is probably going to be a top ten pick next year.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I think he ll go higher...much higher... Imho..

I mean I'm not gonna say that it's impossible. It only takes one team after all. He's just a little more inconsistent than the others in my eyes though. 

That said, all of these bigger receivers are gonna be graded pretty close to one another, IMO....it's just gonna come down to each teams personal preference. 

Archived