Interactive Mock RD 2

Jason and I (Clapton picked for the Browns) did a RD 1 mock last week and below are the results

1. Cincinnati Bengals- JOE BURROW/QB

2. Washington Redskins- CHASE YOUNG/DE

3. Detroit Lions- JEFF OKUDAH/CB

4. New York Giants- JEDRICK WILLIS/OT

5. Miami Dolphins- JUSTIN HERBERT/QB

6. Los Angeles Chargers- TUA T./QB

7. Carolina Panthers- DERREK BROWN/DT

8. Arizona Cardinals- ISAIAH SIMMONS/LB

9. Jacksonville Jaguars- TRISTAN WIRFS/OT

10. Cleveland Browns- ANDREW THOMAS/OT

11. New York Jets- CEEDEE LAMB/WR

12. Las Vegas Raiders- HENRY RUGGS III/WR

13. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis)- JAVON KINLAW/DT

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- MEKHAI BECTON/OT

15. Denver Broncos- JERRY JUDY/WR

16. Atlanta Falcons- K'LAVON CHASSION/DE

17. Dallas Cowboys- CJ HENDERSON/CB

18. Miami Dolphins (from Pittsburgh)- JUSTIN JEFFERSON/WR

19. Las Vegas Raiders (from Chicago)- KENNETH MURRAY/LB

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (from LAR)-BRANDON AIYUK/WR

21. Philadelphia Eagles- TEE HIGGINS/WR

22. Minnesota (from Buffalo)- ROSS BLACKLOCK/DT

23. New England Patriots- JACOB EAISON/QB

24. New Orleans Saints- PATRICK QUEEN/LB

25. Minnesota Vikings- KRISTIAN FULTON/CB

26. Miami Dolphins (from Houston)- JOSH JONES/0T

27. Seattle Seahawks- YETUR GROSS-MATOS/DE

28. Baltimore Ravens- DENZEL MIMS/WR

29. Tennessee Titans- XAVIER MCKINNEY/S

30. Green Bay Packers- LEVISKA SHENAULT/WR

31. San Francisco 49ers- TRAVON DIGGS/RB

32. Kansas City Chiefs- JONATHAN TAYLOR/RB

Now the Bengals are on the clock with pick #33. Who do you have? After a couple days of suggesting we will take the most suggested and complete RD 2. Our goal will be to get to the Bengals’ 3rd rounder before the draft.

Below is who NFL.COM has as top rated remain in each position (overall grade):

RB

D’ANDRE SWIFT (6.78)

CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE (6.39)

WR

MICHAEL PITTMAN (6.38)

JALEN REGOR (6.36)

BRYAN EDWARDS (6.35)

TE

COLE KMET (6.34)

HARRISON BRYANT (6.32)

OT

ISAIAH WILSON (6.34)

AUSTIN JACKSON (6.34)

ROBERT HUNT (6.34)

Interior

CESAR RUIZ (6.40)

JOHN SIMPSON (6.35)

LLOYD CUSHENBERRY (6.32)

DE

MARION DAVIDSON (6.35)

AJ ESPENSA (6.35)

JULIAN OKWARA (6.30)

DT

JORDAN ELLIOTT (6.36)

RAEKWON DAVIS (6.35)

JUSTIN MADUBUIKE (6.34)

LB

ZACK BAUN (6.50)

MALIK HARRISON (6.34)

LOGAN WILSON (6.33)

CB

JEFF GLADNEY (6.40)

JAYLON JOHNSON (6.37)

AJ TERRELL (6.36)

S

ANTOINE WINFIELD JR (6.36)

KYLE DUGGER (6.34)

ASHTON DAVIS (6.33)

You can research here: https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects

I'm torn between Baun and Espeneza. I think Espenesa is the better value, but Baun does some of the things he does and could add LB help. Isaiah Wilson is growing on me, as a tackle would be my first choice all things being equal, but they're not. 

Baun would be my choice.

1 minute ago, bengaled said:

I'm torn between Baun and Espeneza. I think Espenesa is the better value, but Baun does some of the things he does and could add LB help. Isaiah Wilson is growing on me, as a tackle would be my first choice all things being equal, but they're not. 

Baun would be my choice.

I know less about scouting LB's as the Bengals scouts...good grief i hope we can find a good LB this draft

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Why Ruggs over Judy for Oakland err Las Vegas at WR?   Honestly don’t know either very well but Judy’s name is mentioned all the time.  

I would definitely take Lamb over either one. 

I'll be surprised if that's not the way they go. 

11 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

2nd or maybe 3rd.

Third very likely (imho) if he is there, second not impossible although I would not care for it with so many others who would also probably be available.

I don't think he will be there in the fourth but if he is, the Bengal rep should pull a hamstring and go on IR sprinting to the podium with the pick.

Well, if they had a podium to sprint to this year.

11 hours ago, bfine said:

Speed. It's a Raiders tradition. 

A third round pick for John Ross?  Wonder if the Bengals would take it if offered?

Not that it would be.  Or the Bengals would take it if offered.

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Third very likely (imho) if he is there, second not impossible although I would not care for it with so many others who would also probably be available.

I don't think he will be there in the fourth but if he is, the Bengal rep should pull a hamstring and go on IR sprinting to the podium with the pick.

Well, if they had a podium to sprint to this year.

A third round pick for John Ross?  Wonder if the Bengals would take it if offered?

Deal.

I'd be very tempted for Baun and would have gone Gladney had we not made hay at the position in FA, So I'll be the 3rd and make the pick Isaiah Wilson/ OT

Would like to do a 2nd round mock tomorrow. Let me know if you want to participate 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, High School Harry said:

No, of course not given our WR room and the promise he's shown. You let him play out that 4th year and decide where to proceed then.

Why? Ross is going into the 4th year of his contract. It will be the final season since the team isn't going to pay 15 mil to exercise his 5th year option. Maybe they sign him to a new deal after the season but they could do that regardless of what team he plays for in 2020.

Meanwhile a 3rd round pick could be used on a WR who may well be better than Ross. 

10 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Why? Ross is going into the 4th year of his contract. It will be the final season since the team isn't going to pay 15 mil to exercise his 5th year option. Maybe they sign him to a new deal after the season but they could do that regardless of what team he plays for in 2020.

Meanwhile a 3rd round pick could be used on a WR who may well be better than Ross. 

You don't know that about the 5th year option.  I'd be a helluva lot more willing to bet on him providing offense in his 4th year vs the scrapheap project type WR available after the 3rd round, not to mention that would likely ALSO fuck up our whole draft board even more, were it to transpire. That's just not very logical thinking. You let him play that 4th year out and see what transpires from what you originally invested the 10th pick in the draft in. A lot of John Ross' lack of development sits squarely on Marvin Lewis' shoulders. No one will ever convince me otherwise. He's a player that is likely moving up and it would be absolutely foolish to  trade that out in his 4th year for some 3rd round project rookie WR. 

Let's put it like this....for one I am absolutely certain this team isn't ready to do what you and a few misguided others suggest. John Ross will play here this year and that's a virtual given. Let's revisit this in next year's offseason and we take another look at who was right and who was wrong. If it's me, I will gladly eat crow, but I am not worried about that TBH!

25 minutes ago, bengaled said:

You don't know that about the 5th year option.  I'd be a helluva lot more willing to bet on him providing offense in his 4th year vs the scrapheap project type WR available after the 3rd round, not to mention that would likely ALSO fuck up our whole draft board even more, were it to transpire. That's just not very logical thinking. You let him play that 4th year out and see what transpires from what you originally invested the 10th pick in the draft in. A lot of John Ross' lack of development sits squarely on Marvin Lewis' shoulders. No one will ever convince me otherwise. He's a player that is likely moving up and it would be absolutely foolish to  trade that out in his 4th year for some 3rd round project rookie WR. 

Let's put it like this....for one I am absolutely certain this team isn't ready to do what you and a few misguided others suggest. John Ross will play here this year and that's a virtual given. Let's revisit this in next year's offseason and we take another look at who was right and who was wrong. If it's me, I will gladly eat crow, but I am not worried about that TBH!

John Ross makes backers backup to cover that speed...

Lewis never used rookies much...

He got hurt...

The talent is there now.. maybe Joe can throw some passes his way that dont bounce a foot in front of him or just underthrow his speed..

If anything else hes a touchdown waiting to happen...

28 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

John Ross makes backers backup to cover that speed...

Lewis never used rookies much...

He got hurt...

The talent is there now.. maybe Joe can throw some passes his way that dont bounce a foot in front of him or just underthrow his speed..

If anything else hes a touchdown waiting to happen...

I would be all in on this...if he had not dropped so many passes.

Let’s all hope that we get what was expected when he was drafted.

8 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I would be all in on this...if he had not dropped so many.

Let’s all hope that we get what was expected when he was drafted.

When a player, especially a WR, doesn't have the trust of his head coach, he presses. When that happens he doesn't look balls into his hands before trying to make a bigger play and the result is a drop. Call me crazy, but I bet this represents a HUGE part of John Ross lack of success. A good coach is a psychiatrist and if there's a nuanced way to coach the best oout of a player, he finds it. Marvin Lewis was a good coach in many ways, but he failed horribly and in all the worst ways with the direction he chose to coach this kid. 

6 minutes ago, bengaled said:

When a player, especially a WR, doesn't have the trust of his head coach, he presses. When that happens he doesn't look balls into his hands before trying to make a bigger play and the result is a drop. Call me crazy, but I bet this represents a HUGE part of John Ross lack of success. 

I agree and if you listened to TJ Housh's interview he said the same. John Ross needs to get his confidence back.

I'm with you Ed.......Marvin hurt his potential

Archived