• WR Tee Higgins, Clemson
    • OT Ezra Cleveland, Boise St
    • OT Isaiah Wilson, Georgia
    • OT Austin Jackson, USC
    • C/G Cesar Ruiz, Michigan
    • LB Willie Gay Jr, Mississippi St
    • Other

Good topic.

I voted Ruiz, but actually would prefer Murray, Queen, or Baun. Ruiz if all the LBs are gone. If all those guys are off the board, I start thinking about trading down.

I like Wilson the best of those tackles. Jackson is a hard no. I saw the USC/Iowa game and Epenesa just killed him.

My dream scenario for tackle is to sign Jason Peters as a FA. He's 38 but still graded out well last year. Played for $6 mil last year. Bet we could get him for less than we pay Hart. Nice bridge to see of Jonah works at tackle or needs moved to guard (or RT). Could play either side. Hopefully Jonah works, but the OT class is supposed to be deep next year, too. I'd love two 1st round OT studs anchoring the line for Burrow for a decade. 

Anyway, that would free up 33 for LB, Ruiz, a WR, an edge (Gross Matos), DT (Blacklock), combo (Epenesa), or a falling DB/safety.

I might be a trade down guy. I don't love any of the WRs. Higgins tested poorly. Shenault & Mims seem raw. Reagor is a small guy. Aiyuk just had surgery. I really like Pittman a LOT. Size, hands, great route runner with decent speed who is great at using his body to shield. Think Burrow/Pittman could be like Brees/Thomas. Also like Claypool from ND. Aiyuk, Pittman, & Claypool are my 2nd/3rd rd WRs. 

I'd be happy with any of the top LBs, Ruiz, Wilson, Aiyuk, Pittman, Claypool, or Epenesa. At 33 or trading down.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

It's gotta be Ruiz. I get a lot of West Coast football being on the west coast and this dude is in a class of his own. 

So if that's the case, where are they going to play him...at center, at left guard? Ruiz had trouble in college against bigger, stronger type DL yet did fairly well against 3- techs. So again, where are we playing him if we spend the #33 pick on him? 

Archived