Andy to Pats for a 4th?

14 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

Pats just traded the rights to Gronk and a 7th round pick to TB for TBs 4th rounder.  Think that 4th rounder comes to us for Andy?  Maybe then we flip that 4th for OJ Howard since TB already has Cameron Brate.  Thoughts?

I'd say theyd give it up and Katy/Tobin might jump at it..

NOW what about that 17.7mil?..

Whos taking that on????

Hell you could make a case Thuney 15mil for Dalton 17 and our 4th pick.

Pats have 2 fourth rounders to build on..

We rid his salary and obtain an AllPro guard..

Im salivating!!!!#

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I'd say theyd give it up and Katy/Tobin might jump at it..

NOW what about that 17.7mil?..

Whos taking that on????

Either the Bengals or NOBODY is taking on the $17.7 mil.  Funny how people forget that Dalton is still UNDER CONTRACT.

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Either the Bengals or NOBODY is taking on the $17.7 mil.  Funny how people forget that Dalton is still UNDER CONTRACT.

Could they do a sugn abd trade with the Pats at thier salary for him and if he agrees?

Hey im just tryin to work it..

21 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Could a deal be worked out where he agrees to a lesser amount  and done before the trade, or is that an impossible task?

15 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Could a deal be worked out where he agrees to a lesser amount  and done before the trade, or is that an impossible task?

As Jason said..contracts are negotiable.

Sign and trade to Pats if they and Dalton agree to a price...

We get Thuney at 15 less Andys 17.7.

Mixon runs in back of Isaiah and Thuney for over 1400yrds!!! 

Opposing safties come in and Ross blows by them for 10tds!!

Hey I can dream...

50 minutes ago, bengaled said:

No, certainly it can be done if all parties are willing. Contracts can be redone once per league year if not terminated. Tenders don't count for that rule. 

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hey I can dream...

ya had me till  ross ....then we woke up.........😁

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hey I can dream...

They are negotiable to the point the teams  can share the cost of the existing contract.  The Bengals can renegotiate Andy’s contract, no other team can.   If he is traded, it must be for the existing contract’s value at a minimum. 

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

They are negotiable to the point the teams  can share the cost of the existing contract.  The Bengals can renegotiate Andy’s contract, no other team can.   If he is traded, it must be for the existing contract’s value at a minimum. 

Value at a minimim..what would that be iyho???

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

But you could make it a 2 or 3 year contract with part of that money as a "bonus".

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Value at a minimim..what would that be iyho???

Well his current contract is $17mil for 1 year so that is the current minimum a team needs to pay.   Of course the Bengals would get zero out of the deal so at least 1 pick would be involved.  Or maybe a Zamboni machine. 

The Bengals and Andy can renegotiate the existing contract but my guess is the Bengals will try and low ball him and his agent would rather him go somewhere else and try and earn a better contract. 

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

So does picking up Gronk now make O.J. Howard expendable and should the Bengals 

consider it if he comes cheap?

Change of scenery and all that.

I'm all for that.  The only concerning thing right now is the rumor that the salary cap could be cut by $40M next year if the NFL has to play games with empty or near empty stadiums.  Without that fan revenue, they'd have to potentially cut the cap.  I wonder how that would affect extensions for people like OJ Howard, John Ross, Joe Mixon, AJ Green, etc. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

So does picking up Gronk now make O.J. Howard expendable and should the Bengals 

consider it if he comes cheap?

Change of scenery and all that.

My guess is the Bucs go with both.  Brady doesn't throw downfield nearly as much as he used to.  Two good tight ends worked well for us when we had Eifert and Grisham in 2013.  Really opened up the field.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hey I can dream...

This. This is likely to be what happens. 

Dalton would gladly renegotiate to go to a team with a track record of winning and with the potential to be their starting quarterback.

Archived