Andy to Pats for a 4th?

8 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

This. This is likely to be what happens. 

Dalton would gladly renegotiate to go to a team with a track record of winning and with the potential to be their starting quarterback.

If the Pats can get Andy for $9-$10M per year, that would give them lots of room to improve the team.  Sounds like a win-win-win, for us, Andy and the Pats.

26 minutes ago, WRAPradio said:

If the Pats can get Andy for $9-$10M per year, that would give them lots of room to improve the team.  Sounds like a win-win-win, for us, Andy and the Pats.

Indeed.

Best case scenario, both New England and Jacksonville emerge from the long grass and express more forthright interest tomorrow and perhaps we get even a tad more for him. I have thought all along he seems like a third round value. Considering he's a former second rounder with some tread off his tires, I'd say he maintained pretty decent value. 

Cannot wait until tomorrow! 

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

They are negotiable to the point the teams  can share the cost of the existing contract.  The Bengals can renegotiate Andy’s contract, no other team can.   If he is traded, it must be for the existing contract’s value at a minimum. 

No, he could redo his current deal with a new team if traded. If Bengals agree to pick up part of his pay, then we'd sign him to a new 1 year deal, pay him 5 mil or whatever signing bonus, then trade him and new team pays 12 mil. Or with Bengals permission, he could negotiate terms with new team, have the Bengals sign that, then make the trade. 

Wilmington air park has a maintenance facility for large jets. The Pats jet also stopped there a few weeks ago when it was going to China to pick up PPE for Boston and NYC.

I drove by there on Easter and there were dozens of jets parked there, taken out of use with the big reduction in flights and travel.

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

No, he could redo his current deal with a new team if traded. If Bengals agree to pick up part of his pay, then we'd sign him to a new 1 year deal, pay him 5 mil or whatever signing bonus, then trade him and new team pays 12 mil. Or with Bengals permission, he could negotiate terms with new team, have the Bengals sign that, then make the trade. 

That is what I just said. At the end of the day, the Bengals are the actual CURRENT team Dalton in negotiating with. 

4 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I dont think the Pats are giving up any draft picks for Dalton.

Hell theyre trying to accumulate some.

Scenario i see is we sign and trade Dalton to them .9 or 10mil and they unload Thuney to us..

They get a good value in Dalton..rid themselves of Thuneys 15mil deal..still keep their 4th rounders to trade up if need be..

We get an AllPro guard and sign him longterm at 13mil or so...

We can drop Shaun Williams and Gio for more cap room...

26 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Scenario i see is we sign and trade Dalton to them .9 or 10mil and they unload Thuney to us..

They get a good value in Dalton..rid themselves of Thuneys 15mil deal..still keep their 4th rounders to trade up if need be..

Then draft Jeremy Chinn, a better version of a combo S/LB than Williams.

6 minutes ago, bengaled said:

Then draft Jeremy Chinn, a better version of a combo S/LB than Williams.

Id go for that..is he a second or third rounder in you opinion?

Still want Isaiah in second  next to Thuney on the right side..

Third round id pull the trigger on Chinn..

I like s/backers more than a Baun type..

Dont we allready have an edge/backer with Lawson??

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

somebody email this to Paul Brown Stadium please

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The Pats have something like 22 picks over the next 2 years.    They have 12 this season alone. 

Add in they are getting 4 comp picks (estimated pick positions) next year and they are not all late 6th round picks:

Round 3, No. 98: Tom Brady: Signed by Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-year, $50MM)

Round 4, No. 136: Kyle Van Noy: Signed by Miami Dolphins (4-year, $51MM)

Round 4, No. 142: Jamie Collins Sr: Signed by Detroit Lions (3-year, $30MM)

Round 6, No. 218: Ted Karras: Signed by Miami Dolphins (1-year, $4MM)

That said their biggest issue is cap space.  The reason they didn't want to pay Brady much was they have NO cap space and STILL don't.  Look at the 4 players above they just go rid.   Van Noy and Collins are really good players and Karras is OK.   Even with that salary dump  they still have only $2.1 mil in cap space.  That puts them at 29th and they really don't have an actual QB yet either unless you think they trust a guy with 4 NFL pass attempts on his resume. 

On 4/21/2020 at 4:59 PM, SF2 said:

Either the Bengals or NOBODY is taking on the $17.7 mil.  Funny how people forget that Dalton is still UNDER CONTRACT.

Yeah all this trade stuff seems like a lot of work.  What's $17 million dollars worth anyway?

"Hey Katie! We need you to sign off on this deal with New England. They're giving us an OT & a conditional 2nd round pick next season! Katie?!"

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Pats have something like 22 picks over the next 2 years.    They have 12 this season alone. 

Add in they are getting 4 comp picks (estimated pick positions) next year and they are not all late 6th round picks:

Round 3, No. 98: Tom Brady: Signed by Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-year, $50MM)

Round 4, No. 136: Kyle Van Noy: Signed by Miami Dolphins (4-year, $51MM)

Round 4, No. 142: Jamie Collins Sr: Signed by Detroit Lions (3-year, $30MM)

Round 6, No. 218: Ted Karras: Signed by Miami Dolphins (1-year, $4MM)

That said their biggest issue is cap space.  The reason they didn't want to pay Brady much was they have NO cap space and STILL don't.  Look at the 4 players above they just go rid.   Van Noy and Collins are really good players and Karras is OK.   Even with that salary dump  they still have only $2.1 mil in cap space.  That puts them at 29th and they really don't have an actual QB yet either unless you think they trust a guy with 4 NFL pass attempts on his resume. 

Pats are in rebuilding mode this year. They don't have a QB and very little cap space. They are eating 26 mil in dead money, mostly from Brady. But next year they are more than a hundred mil below the cap (unless the cap dives a lot). So if they find a QB and hit on their higher draft picks, they'll be in ok shape.

Maybe use Dalton and a future pick to move up into the bottom of the first if someone they want is there.  Patriots hold 23 and I can’t imagine it would take anything huge added to Andy to get it done.

I also could imagine a scenario, weird as it might seem, where they deal Andy and A.J. to the patriots for the 23 alone.  That puts them in play for both a top tier wr or lb and a tackle at 33.

Its a whole new world.

Archived