Andy to Pats for a 4th?

7 minutes ago, F.Cleveland said:

Maybe use Dalton and a future pick to move up into the bottom of the first if someone they want is there.  Patriots hold 23 and I can’t imagine it would take anything huge added to Andy to get it done.

I also could imagine a scenario, weird as it might seem, where they deal Andy and A.J. to the patriots for the 23 alone.  That puts them in play for both a top tier wr or lb and a tackle at 33.

Its a whole new world.

Your forgetting Dalton's contract in this...

Hell I learned that from SF on here...Bengals have to negoiate a New contract that fits both Pats and him..

I posted how i think they can do this...

Maje it happen!

53 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Cleveland got a 2nd rounder from Houston for taking Brock Osweiler's guaranteed 16 mil contract. They cut him and ate the 16 mil for the draft pick.

They did that because they were about to violate the 89% annual salary cap requirement which would have caused a shit storm with the other 31 teams and the players’ union. 

1 hour ago, bfine said:

STOP IT! Not one team is trading anything for Andy Dalton. 

You are 100% correct.  Nobody is going to give the Bengals anything when most of them believe Dalton can be had cheap, without having to deal with the Bengals front office, once they cut him.  

15 hours ago, SF2 said:

They did that because they were about to violate the 89% annual salary cap requirement which would have caused a shit storm with the other 31 teams and the players’ union. 

Uh, no. While teams have to comply with the minimum spend requirements, they're not hard to meet. Browns could have extended players or gone bigger in free agency rather than eat a 16 mil dead money hit. They did it for the draft pick. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Uh, no. While teams have to comply with the minimum spend requirements, they're not hard to meet. Browns could have extended players or gone bigger in free agency rather than eat a 16 mil dead money hit. They did it for the draft pick. 

So are are telling me Cleveland spent $16mil to get a 2nd round draft slot valued at $4mil?  In other words they spent $20mil for Chad Thomas?  Nah man.  Way better well known high quality FAs they could have been had for $16mil over a few years but they needed to spend close to 16 mil by final cut day. 

Archived