The Official 2020 First Round Draft Thread!

Round Two order (and my perceived needs for each)...

1. Cincinnati - LB OL WR
2. Indianapolis (f/WAS) - WR QB OLB
3. Detroit - DE OL DT
4. NY Giants - OLB CB ILB
5. New England (f/LAC) - QB TE S
6. Carolina - QB OL CB
7. Miami - WR DT DE
8. Houston (f/ARI) - OL CB TE
9. Cleveland - LB DT WR
10. Jacksonville - ILB OLB DT
11. Chicago (f/LVR) - QB CB OL
12. Indianapolis - WR QB OLB
13. Tampa Bay - OL OLB S
14. Denver - CB LB OT
15. Atlanta - DT OLB DE
16. NY Jets - WR CB OLB
17. Pittsburgh - QB TE S
18. Chicago - QB CB OL
19. Dallas - CB S OL
20. LA Rams - OL OLB ILB
21. Philadelphia - DB S CB
22. Buffalo - OL CB OLB
23. Baltimore (f/NEP via ATL) - WR OL DE
24. Miami (f/NOS) - WR DT DE
25. LA Rams (f/HOU) - OL OLB ILB
26. Minnesota - OL S DT
27. Seattle - OL TE DE
28. Baltimore - WR OL DE
29. Tennessee - CB OLB DT
30. Green Bay - WR LB CB
31. Kansas City (f/SFF) - OL LB DT
32. Seattle (f/KCC) - OL TE DE

We need OL, we need an edge rusher, and we need a WR - two of these three should be addressed in rounds 2 & 3.

AJ and Ross are entering the final year of their contracts.  If neither are available in 2021, by which time Burrow will undoubtedly be our #1 full-time full-season starting QB, we'll have Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate as 1-2.  Talent aside we've already seen what that looks like.  Normally I wouldn't consider adding a WR at this point, as that's only our third-highest need, but there's no reason Mims should be available, and trading down or passing only guarantees he goes to Indy (2).  He's the only non-slot receiver worth taking right now and could spend a year behind AJ to be ready to be our X receiver in 2021.  If we don't take him at 33, then WR waits until Day 3.

I agree that Jones should be the OL, and like Mims he'll immediately off the board to Detroit (3) or Carolina (6).  I could even see Tampa (13) trade up with Indy to get Jones if we don't take him to prevent the Lions from snagging him.  I think that the LB should be Yetur Gross-Matos (State Penn) who won't make it past the Giants (4).  If we don't take him and New York passes, I could see all three of our division foes eager to jump the line to get him to use him against Burrow and to prevent anyone from using him against Action Jackson, Rapistberger, and the QB-of-the-week up north.  Frankly, I was shocked that the Purple-clad Browns took Patrick Queen ahead of YGM, but could easily see them double-down and grab him in Rd 2 if given the chance. 

There's no wrong choice here.  Just have to figure out which is the righter choice.  Personally, I'm leaning Jones, but would be happy with Mimms or YGM, or a trade as long as we still get one of these guys.

2 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Round Two order (and my perceived needs for each)...

1. Cincinnati - LB OL WR
2. Indianapolis (f/WAS) - WR QB OLB
3. Detroit - DE OL DT
4. NY Giants - OLB CB ILB
5. New England (f/LAC) - QB TE S
6. Carolina - QB OL CB
7. Miami - WR DT DE
8. Houston (f/ARI) - OL CB TE
9. Cleveland - LB DT WR
10. Jacksonville - ILB OLB DT
11. Chicago (f/LVR) - QB CB OL
12. Indianapolis - WR QB OLB
13. Tampa Bay - OL OLB S
14. Denver - CB LB OT
15. Atlanta - DT OLB DE
16. NY Jets - WR CB OLB
17. Pittsburgh - QB TE S
18. Chicago - QB CB OL
19. Dallas - CB S OL
20. LA Rams - OL OLB ILB
21. Philadelphia - DB S CB
22. Buffalo - OL CB OLB
23. Baltimore (f/NEP via ATL) - WR OL DE
24. Miami (f/NOS) - WR DT DE
25. LA Rams (f/HOU) - OL OLB ILB
26. Minnesota - OL S DT
27. Seattle - OL TE DE
28. Baltimore - WR OL DE
29. Tennessee - CB OLB DT
30. Green Bay - WR LB CB
31. Kansas City (f/SFF) - OL LB DT
32. Seattle (f/KCC) - OL TE DE

We need OL, we need an edge rusher, and we need a WR - two of these three should be addressed in rounds 2 & 3.

AJ and Ross are entering the final year of their contracts.  If neither are available in 2021, by which time Burrow will undoubtedly be our #1 full-time full-season starting QB, we'll have Tyler Boyd and Auden Tate as 1-2.  Talent aside we've already seen what that looks like.  Normally I wouldn't consider adding a WR at this point, as that's only our third-highest need, but there's no reason Mims should be available, and trading down or passing only guarantees he goes to Indy (2).  He's the only non-slot receiver worth taking right now and could spend a year behind AJ to be ready to be our X receiver in 2021.  If we don't take him at 33, then WR waits until Day 3.

I agree that Jones should be the OL, and like Mims he'll immediately off the board to Detroit (3) or Carolina (6).  I could even see Tampa (13) trade up with Indy to get Jones if we don't take him to prevent the Lions from snagging him.  I think that the LB should be Yetur Gross-Matos (State Penn) who won't make it past the Giants (4).  If we don't take him and New York passes, I could see all three of our division foes eager to jump the line to get him to use him against Burrow and to prevent anyone from using him against Action Jackson, Rapistberger, and the QB-of-the-week up north.  Frankly, I was shocked that the Purple-clad Browns took Patrick Queen ahead of YGM, but could easily see them double-down and grab him in Rd 2 if given the chance. 

There's no wrong choice here.  Just have to figure out which is the righter choice.  Personally, I'm leaning Jones, but would be happy with Mimms or YGM, or a trade as long as we still get one of these guys.

Well they got the next Lewis..

We got the next MONTANA...

We should take Josh Jones at 33 and see if we can get Larry Warford from the Saints for our 5th. That would fix our O-line and leave rounds 3 and 4 for LB and something else.

Something like Gay-Chinn-Dugger-ADG-Dye in round 3 and Hamler-Duverney-Hill in round 4. 

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We should take Josh Jones at 33 and see if we can get Larry Warford from the Saints for our 5th. That would fix our O-line and leave rounds 3 and 4 for LB and something else.

Something like Gay-Chinn-Dugger-ADG-Dye in round 3 and Hamler-Duverney-Hill in round 4. 

Gay in third..

I'm thinking... there are several teams who would love to grab Mims before letting Indy take a free shot at him.  Miami has two picks (7 & 24), and besides the Colts (2 & 14) other needy teams like the Current Browns (9), Jets (16), The Original Browns (28), and Green Bay (30) would take him if they could come up with a package.  The teams best-positioned to deal are the Fish who have LOTS of picks this year and next.  If they would be willing to give up both of their 2nd rounders to trade with us, they could grab Mims, and we could package the #24 and #33 picks (we go 1st in the third round) to trade with the Patriots for their #5.  The Pats need QB TE S and don't want to be picking 5th - we could end up with the #5 and #7 picks in this round and get both Jones and YGM and go to bed early.  All we gotta do is distract Matt Patricia by showing him pictures of free agent Patriots when the Lions pick (3) rolls by.

22 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I'm thinking... there are several teams who would love to grab Mims before letting Indy take a free shot at him.  Miami has two picks (7 & 24), and besides the Colts (2 & 14) other needy teams like the Current Browns (9), Jets (16), The Original Browns (28), and Green Bay (30) would take him if they could come up with a package.  The teams best-positioned to deal are the Fish who have LOTS of picks this year and next.  If they would be willing to give up both of their 2nd rounders to trade with us, they could grab Mims, and we could package the #24 and #33 picks (we go 1st in the third round) to trade with the Patriots for their #5.  The Pats need QB TE S and don't want to be picking 5th - we could end up with the #5 and #7 picks in this round and get both Jones and YGM and go to bed early.  All we gotta do is distract Matt Patricia by showing him pictures of free agent Patriots when the Lions pick (3) rolls by.

Thats insane..insanely doable...nice

All trades can work if everyone thinks theyre getting a good deal...

How much trading Miami will do with us now is...well ..we just broke the owners heart..so thats up in the air...

Take your RT for JB at 33....

Archived