* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

9 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

The Burrow era begins now! Can't wait to see the kid in orange and black.  Heart of a lion just like our boy Mixon!!!! Those two should have great years to come.

Who Dey!!!  Its our time!!

We are talking Bengals here.  Until I hear the beloved commish proclaim Burrow as the Bengals first pick, I will hold my breath. 

9 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

The Burrow era begins now! Can't wait to see the kid in orange and black.  Heart of a lion just like our boy Mixon!!!! Those two should have great years to come.

Who Dey!!!  Its our time!!

Given that I have been pushing burrow on this board for quite awhile, this is very gratifying at this point. The quotes from Callahan and Van Pelt from the Hobson piece this AM should chill out those wanting to worry over them passing on him. Turns out they also have eyes. 

I know this is Bleacher Report, but I think it's pretty accurate. I am excited for Burrow for the future, but I am not expecting him to come in and light it up right away. Once we build around him I think he will win us ALOT of games.

Bengals Cannot Pass on Joe Burrow, but Rookie Expectations Need to Be Lowered

I just want a reason to tune in and have hope again. Burrow is that, at a minimum. 

His presence would also mean me flying in for a few days of camp, and, assuming they do the right thing and start him from Day 1, I will be flying back for his PBS debut. 

Fellow OU alum son saw the below sig on Facebook.

Well worth posting here.  I will leave it as my sig for awhile bc pretty large.

Original article from the NY Times.  Where were the local rags and Hobson?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/sports/as-joe-burrow-spoke-of-hunger-his-hometown-felt-the-lift.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&fbclid=IwAR0jfV0Ff8n1QVCA5pBiFA4pyMMrtZJ-kvebSwe-Bi_4xKf81CF-b4XBVd8

1 hour ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Good keep holding it. Give me the Fins 3 1st round picks and call it a day. At 5 I take Tua or Herbert, at 18 I take Jedrick Wills the OT from Alabama and at 26 I take Kenneth Murray the LB from Oklahoma. That’s 3 starters compared to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'd want all 4, 2and rounder

1 hour ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Good keep holding it. Give me the Fins 3 1st round picks and call it a day. At 5 I take Tua or Herbert, at 18 I take Jedrick Wills the OT from Alabama and at 26 I take Kenneth Murray the LB from Oklahoma. That’s 3 starters compared to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I'd want all 4.

33 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

It’s a really big if, guys. 

1) You’re assuming the Phins FO is even stupider than ours.

2) You’re assuming they have less holes to fill than us.

Maybe they're trying to build a winning team instead of putting it all on some rookie QB?

What do you folks think of the stuff going around social media about the Panthers giving us like 2 1st rounders and a second this year, 1 first rounder next year and another first or second the year after that? In order to move up. Is this just jealous Panther fans trying to wish it into reality or possibly a serious option?

That's a tough one IMO.  It's a amazing trade but would we be handing them a dynasty?  

I think either way I'm down. History shows it's usually best to take the trade. 

QB is the most important position on the team, if you have the chance at getting a great QB, you pull the trigger. It is much easier to build around a great QB than later. We just witnessed 9 years of pretty good teams with a mediocre QB unable to win at the next level. Do we want to waste another 9 years doing that again?

Burrow needs to be the pick.

Archived