1997 Tennessee SEC   QB 12 287 477 60.2 3819 8.0 8.5 36 11 147.7

Andrew Luck

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Stanford         713 1064 67.0 9430 8.9 9.5 82 22 162.8
*2009 Stanford Pac-10 FR QB 12 162 288 56.3 2575 8.9 9.2 13 4 143.5
*2010 Stanford Pac-10 SO QB 13 263 372 70.7 3338 9.0 9.7 32 8 170.2
*2011 Stanford Pac-12 SR QB 13 288 404 71.3 3517 8.7 9.4 37 10  

Multiple years of "generational talent", compared to one super season, and three others where could not beat out JT Barrett and Haskins. 

Barrett and Haskins were great college QBs and finished high in Heisman voting.  Haskins was a first round pick last year as well.   You act like they were bums.  

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Barrett and Haskins were great college QBs and finished high in Heisman voting.  Haskins was a first round pick last year as well.   You act like they were bums.  

I said it before, arguing with the Sour Puss Posse is insufferable. 

I'm old enough to remember when the Colts had the number one pick after a miserable season and had lots of holes to fill. Can you believe those idiots went ahead and picked Luck number one,when they could have traded back and filled holes and selected either Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weedon?

See the source image

Dear lord. Put down the pipe.

Let's assume that the very real, greater than 50% chance of whomever we select being a total bust doesn't exist for a moment.

How did Luck do for the Colts?
Stafford with the Lions?
Hell, Carson Palmer with the Bengals.

That's before we walk down the long litany of Johnny Manziel's, Tim Couch's, Akili Smith's, Alex Smith's...

I mean, assuming we don't break the kid and he doesn't come broken, what in the world makes you think that Mike Brown is going to field a team around him? Why would you think he could? What about the current coaching staff has convinced you that they can find such talent? Is Burrow going to play all 5 line positions and LB as well?

Christ... That same people who thought AJ McCarron was going to be the next Tom Brady and thought Footsteps Finley was going to win us games.

And no, I'm not saying we should trade back... That just means that Mike Brown gets to ruin more careers.

What I'm saying is... They should say "I'm sorry" instead of congratulating him when he gets drafted. They should play "Don't dream it's over" and young girls should weep openly.

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Jeff George was absolutely a generational talent. He just didn’t want to put any effort into being the best pro he could be. Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have went #1 though. 

George was the QB equivalent of Big Daddy Wilkenson - #1 overall talent, #1000 overall work ethic.  These things need to be determined before the pick, there is no doubt on Burrows on this aspect. 

48 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And yet, neither were being handed the hands-down coronation so many are bowing in worship for here and in the media. 

And point remains: this annointed one didn't beat either out. Deflect and move the goalposts all you want, as you usually do.    

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And yet, neither were being handed the hands-down coronation so many are bowing in worship for. 

And point remains: this annointed one didn't beat either out. Deflect and move the goalposts all you want, as you usually do.    

None of this means that he's not a great pro prospect or that he shouldn't go number one though. 

He's going to grade out as a "franchise caliber" prospect. When those come around and you have a chance to get one, you absolutely take your shot. 

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

And yet, neither were being handed the hands-down coronation so many are bowing in worship for here and in the media. 

Probably because neither one of them beat 7 top 10 teams in the nation usually by kicking their ass or broke numerous national passing records in the process while playing the most difficult schedule in history to perfection.  That’s my guess.  

26 minutes ago, spicoli said:

None of this means that he's not a great pro prospect or that he shouldn't go number one though. 

He's going to grade out as a "franchise caliber" prospect. When those come around and you have a chance to get one, you absolutely take your shot. 

Of course. No dispute on that assessment.

However, and this is the overall point of the fake news trade nonsense, many pieces can achieve what you are looking for.

As Lost says “all chickens in one basket” or “counting eggs” or yeah...

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

For one season. And didn’t have to transfer schools because they couldn’t beat out the competition. 

Keep deflecting. 

Dude, Burrow is the best QB in the draft.  I am not deflecting. Played in a pro set offense not Urban’s RPO Clap clap BS.  Haskins running the RPO was retarded since he almost never ran.   If you don’t want Burrow then who? 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I'm an And Dalton fan, but they have to take Burrows.  it's a NO BRAINER!!

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Tom Brady couldn't beat out Brian Griese as a sophomore. Who gives a crap?

College offenses have different demands, coaches have different visions, and maybe *just maybe* Urban Meyer fucked up when he started Haskins instead? I mean, the dude contended for a Heisman Trophy himself. He was never "anointed" the way Burrow has been because he never showed the NFL-compatible skills that Burrow showed this year. Haskins had a slow-ass release, and I said as much pre-draft. His accuracy isn't spectacular. His mobility isn't spectacular. It worked well enough to do what they wanted him to do at OSU.

And then Burrow outperformed his 2018 in every conceivable way in 2019.

This logic is junk.

To be fair to Joe Burrow's OSU years, most players and staff felt he progressed every year.  IIRC a lot of folks thought Joe had the inside track to be Barrett's #1 backup in 2017 but he broke his right hand in training camp and was out for a while which opened the door for Haskins.  After Haskins came in for the injured Barrett in the 2017 Michigan game and helped lead OSU to a come from behind victory pretty much sealed the deal who was going to start in 2018.  Joe realized as many do in a similar situation as a graduated player it is easier to transfer with 2 years eligibility instead of only 1. 

I was skeptical on Burrow for awhile, but that changed the more I watched him continue to win big games.  He lit up Alabama on the road, lit up Georgia in the SEC title game, and then did it again in both playoff games.  It's impossible not to be impressed if you watched it.  Certainly some of the credit goes to his cast and his coach (Brady who came from the Saints).  He made a huge leap which not many saw coming and it's not easy to explain exactly how it happened.  He was talented enough for Urban Meyer to bring to Columbus and there's no shame in losing the starting QB job to Haskins, who wound up as a 1st rounder.  His first year at LSU was underwhelming, but he was also a new starter in the SEC West.  I would attribute some of his struggles to normal growing pains and some to an antiquated offense that Orgeron completely revamped this year.  If Tua hadn't gotten injured again, I think it might be more of a debate for the top pick.  As it stands today, Burrow has to be the favorite and I am on board with it.  

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

He is just stirring shit and being a troll.   No reason to respond to him. 

Anything you say, Groupthink Gruppenfuhrer.

But before leaving the "discussion", you asked: "If not Burrow, who?". Asked and answered: if some Miami team was idiotic enough to give up three first rounders, a second, and multiple picks in the next two seasons, well there you go. 

But, it's OK to go with Smokin' Joe too (so not to be a troll). In all honesty

gone with the wind whatever GIF

First off.  Dude with the giant mustache,, this thread is not retarded. It is quite fucking eloquent.  So your welcome. 

2nd.  No one is trolling. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe they're right maybe they're wrong. But let's not forget this is a GD bengals forum. We're not good enough yet to attract trolls. You seriously gotta be a hard core bengals fan to spend time in this MFer. What we talking bout two wins?  Its been a draft forum since early October. 

Maybe Burrow will suck ass like a bitch. Maybe not. He did play at LSU so he had the best supporting cast possible. How much of his play can be attributed to being in a top 3 program?

I agree skyline chili is garbage. 

I heard dude was talking smack about my president. Hope the university didn't turn him into some left wing ass hurt whinny bitch that hates economic freedom and Merika. 

Archived