* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

First off.  Dude with the giant mustache,, this thread is not retarded. It is quite fucking eloquent.  So your welcome. 

2nd.  No one is trolling. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe they're right maybe they're wrong. But let's not forget this is a GD bengals forum. We're not good enough yet to attract trolls. You seriously gotta be a hard core bengals fan to spend time in this MFer. What we talking bout two wins?  Its been a draft forum since early October. 

Maybe Burrow will suck ass like a bitch. Maybe not. He did play at LSU so he had the best supporting cast possible. How much of his play can be attributed to being in a top 3 program?

I agree skyline chili is garbage. 

I heard dude was talking smack about my president. Hope the university didn't turn him into some left wing ass hurt whinny bitch that hates economic freedom and Merika. 

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Who couldn't like you, Bob? 🙂

Im hyped for Burrow. However you do have a valid point. It's not like he was completing those 30 to 40 yard bombs to the likes of a Alex Ericson or a CJ Uzomah. LSU has studs at every position. That said I hope your wrong. 

Burrow our Steve Young.  

6 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Im hyped for Burrow. However you do have a valid point. It's not like he was completing those 30 to 40 yard bombs to the likes of a Alex Ericson or a CJ Uzomah. LSU has studs at every position. That said I hope your wrong. 

Burrow our Steve Young.  

Shit I just hope we put the pieces around him that let him excel.   I'm not worried about the player, I'm worried about what team we'll put around him.

That being said I think it'd be stupid to turn down half Miami's draft for any player if they're really desperate enough to make that kind of offer.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Shit I just hope we put the pieces around him that let him excel.   I'm not worried about the player, I'm worried about what team we'll put around him.

That being said I think it'd be stupid to turn down half Miami's draft for any player if they're really desperate enough to make that kind of offer.

The only people floating such a trade with Miami or the Panthers are national sports talking heads who hate the Bengals.   Actually, hate is probably the wrong word.  A better description is they don't care at all about the Bengals and don't want to have to cover them if Burrow comes here.  They would much rather head to Miami or Charlotte than Cincy and the Brown family.   

Do you think they wan't to cover Matt Rhule, Joe Brady and what happens to Cam vs Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan and what happens to Dalton?    I doubt the national media spent more than 5 minutes discussing Brian Callahan when he was announced as OC.    Joe Brady?  The man is the next Bill Walsh.   They couldn't stop talking about how the Miami players were playing so hard for Brian Flores, Fitzmagic and how they knocked New England from a bye. 

On EPSN radio this morning, Kiper was talking about Burrow and said he has zero question marks. The other commentator mentioned he seems to be arrogant and Kiper said it was not arrogance, it was confidence with a chip on his shoulder. He is used to being the underdog and seems to like it and thus will be a perfect fit for the Bengals. 

I am SICK to DEATH of the assholes on Twitter saying he should pull and Eli/Elway and refuse to play for the Bengals.  It's as if people's memories extend no further back than the middle of the '18 season.  Either that, or they've taken a look at the '19 standings and decided they know enough to post a hot take on how pathetic the Bengals are.  One tweeter from Cincinnati even went so far as to say "I don't follow football, but I know the Bengals are a joke."

As for the pick, I think the franchise is reaching a crossroads.  Apathy is rampant among the general public and whispers of stadium upgrades or replacement have begun.  We have experienced multiple years of just-better-than-average and most won't be excited or motivated by that again.  The franchise needs to push all its chips to the middle of the table.  Go home rich or go home broke, but break-even is no longer an option.  Not for this franchise.

A scenario where Burrow goes somewhere else and makes the HOF (or even "just" wins a Super Bowl) is worse than one where he comes here and busts.  

12 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Burrow our Steve Young.  

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Terrible comparison, Crackfish Bob.  God Forbid!

Didn't he go to the UFL (whaterver) rather than be picked by the Bengals?

You know, my ❤️, Pumpkin's father's quote about going to bed thinking we had Steve Young?

1 hour ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I am SICK to DEATH of the assholes on Twitter saying he should pull and Eli/Elway and refuse to play for the Bengals.  It's as if people's memories extend no further back than the middle of the '18 season.  Either that, or they've taken a look at the '19 standings and decided they know enough to post a hot take on how pathetic the Bengals are.  One tweeter from Cincinnati even went so far as to say "I don't follow football, but I know the Bengals are a joke."

As for the pick, I think the franchise is reaching a crossroads.  Apathy is rampant among the general public and whispers of stadium upgrades or replacement have begun.  We have experienced multiple years of just-better-than-average and most won't be excited or motivated by that again.  The franchise needs to push all its chips to the middle of the table.  Go home rich or go home broke, but break-even is no longer an option.  Not for this franchise.

A scenario where Burrow goes somewhere else and makes the HOF (or even "just" wins a Super Bowl) is worse than one where he comes here and busts.  

Quiet true but somehow we all know, deep down, that the Inbreds will follow the breaking even route.

17 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

First off.  Dude with the giant mustache,, this thread is not retarded. It is quite fucking eloquent.  So your welcome. 

2nd.  No one is trolling. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Maybe they're right maybe they're wrong. But let's not forget this is a GD bengals forum. We're not good enough yet to attract trolls. You seriously gotta be a hard core bengals fan to spend time in this MFer. What we talking bout two wins?  Its been a draft forum since early October. 

Maybe Burrow will suck ass like a bitch. Maybe not. He did play at LSU so he had the best supporting cast possible. How much of his play can be attributed to being in a top 3 program?

I agree skyline chili is garbage. 

I heard dude was talking smack about my president. Hope the university didn't turn him into some left wing ass hurt whinny bitch that hates economic freedom and Merika. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:10 PM, westside bengal said:

To be fair to Joe Burrow's OSU years, most players and staff felt he progressed every year.  IIRC a lot of folks thought Joe had the inside track to be Barrett's #1 backup in 2017 but he broke his right hand in training camp and was out for a while which opened the door for Haskins.  After Haskins came in for the injured Barrett in the 2017 Michigan game and helped lead OSU to a come from behind victory pretty much sealed the deal who was going to start in 2018.  Joe realized as many do in a similar situation as a graduated player it is easier to transfer with 2 years eligibility instead of only 1. 

This.

And if Day had been head coach instead of Meyer, Burrow would have played over JT sooner.  Urban loved JT and was loyal to him to a fault.  

5 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Funny thing is my Buckeyes can do better than this sorry ass team. The only thing I find funny is that you idiots think Burrow is the answer to this teams problems. Let it be God has sent us the savior, the golden boy. Ha what a joke and all you stupid fans will line up to buy tickets and give the Browns what they want, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

Seems kinda mean.

15 minutes ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Funny thing is my Buckeyes can do better than this sorry ass team. The only thing I find funny is that you idiots think Burrow is the answer to this teams problems. Let it be God has sent us the savior, the golden boy. Ha what a joke and all you stupid fans will line up to buy tickets and give the Browns what they want, money.

what would you say you do here office space GIF

2 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Man, I'm a Buckeyes fan, but you are the type that makes the rest of us look bad.  

3 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

No one player is going to fix this team.  But getting the best available QB in the draft is a good step in that direction.

Are you butt hurt he left OSU or something? 

Archived