* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

No one player is going to fix this team.  

I hope the FO understands this, or cares.  I'm not convinced.  I suspect they think it will renew fan interest for a couple of years and that's good enough for them.  The extra effort to build a championship team around him doesn't sound like the kind of thing the Brown Family Trust would bother with.  They hired a new HC and that's about as much upheaval to their status quo as they can stand.

4 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Funny thing is my Buckeyes can do better than this sorry ass team. The only thing I find funny is that you idiots think Burrow is the answer to this teams problems. Let it be God has sent us the savior, the golden boy. Ha what a joke and all you stupid fans will line up to buy tickets and give the Browns what they want, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

You are so full of it. If the Buckeyes stepped on the field with the Bengals, they would lose by 60 plus.  Anyone that tries to pull that retarded dumb shit knows NOTHING about the NFL.  The Bengals  would rape them like Greeks. 

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I hope the FO understands this, or cares.  I'm not convinced.  I suspect they think it will renew fan interest for a couple of years and that's good enough for them.  The extra effort to build a championship team around him doesn't sound like the kind of thing the Brown Family Trust would bother with.  They hired a new HC and that's about as much upheaval to their status quo as they can stand.

I don’t think anyone is convinced. 

4 hours ago, Bengal_Buckeye said:

Funny thing is my Buckeyes can do better than this sorry ass team. The only thing I find funny is that you idiots think Burrow is the answer to this teams problems. Let it be God has sent us the savior, the golden boy. Ha what a joke and all you stupid fans will line up to buy tickets and give the Browns what they want, money.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I always find it mildly entertaining that people think college kids can beat grown men football, even the bad teams. Just no.

31 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So what should they do? Just not draft anyone because it's obviously useless?

You honestly act like it offends you that people might be excited to get a new QB. It's almost like you think it's your actual job to be a wet blanket.

Should they just forfeit the pick and call it a day? Please enlighten us. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You honestly act like it offends you that people might be excited to get a new QB. It's almost like you think it's your actual job to be a wet blanket.

large_SF2.jpg

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

:D  Yeah, sound offended.  

Are we watching the same team here?  I'm not excited about Burrow right now because I don't think they're going to build a team around him to take advantage of all that talent.   It's really got nothing to do with him.  We've watched them double down on terrible players while insisting they're "phenomenal", so either they can't tell the difference or they don't care.  Possibly a little of both.

You know the way this franchise is run as well as I do;  why would you expect anything different?

22 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You know the way this franchise is run as well as I do;  why would you expect anything different?

Lol do you really think that everyone here doesn't already know that? It is what it is, we take what we can get. What else is there?

13 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

Nobody is obligated to be excited.

Shitting on the excitement of the people who are is worthless wet blanketing.

I'd suggest you're taking it too personally.  This doesn't need to be a circlejerk.  

3mlvza.jpg

🙄

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol do you really think that everyone here doesn't already know that? It is what it is, we take what we can get. What else is there?

If everyone here knows that why are you tripping over me saying it?

Somewhere between "Burrow will solve everything!"  &  "The team is hopeless" there's Bengals football worth talking about but mostly what we've got so far is name-calling.  I'm more interested in how if they're going to embrace the rebuild around Burrow than the player himself.  Barring a freak gator-wrasslin' injury or a felony conviction he's the guy, so then what?   Thoughts & prayers or is there some kind of plan besides "print more Burrow jerseys"?

I'll apologize for my part in feeding the trolls here, too.

17 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Somewhere between "Burrow will solve everything!"  &  "The team is hopeless" there's Bengals football worth talking about but mostly what we've got so far is name-calling.  I'm more interested in how if they're going to embrace the rebuild around Burrow than the player himself.  Barring a freak gator-wrasslin' injury or a felony conviction he's the guy, so then what?   Thoughts & prayers or is there some kind of plan besides "print more Burrow jerseys"?

Possibly? Probably not....what else should we expect?

5 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Possibly? Probably not....what else should we expect?

Hopefully something? I thought I was the negative one, damn.  :D

It'll be interesting to see who they're working with at the Senior Bowl since they can't spend the week fawning over Joe.

WR Brandon Aiyuk is one to watch IMO.

Still have no idea what round he's going to grade out as but one of my favorite players in the entire draft is Texas WR Devin Duvernay....Would love to plug him into Ross' spot. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

WR Brandon Aiyuk is one to watch IMO.

Top of the 2nd round or later?  Other than Ross I like what we've got at receiver & RB.   Not sure where they're going with Sample but TE is the only "skill" offense position that's lacking.  

Same glaring needs on OL & defensive backfield as the last few drafts, IDK.   

:offtopic:

When can the team poke & prod Burrow if not at the Senior Bowl? (where I really hope they can bump into a couple of sleeper picks)

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Man, hes the co chairman of the Sour Puss Posse. Save your breath. 

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

:D  Yeah, sound offended.  

Are we watching the same team here?  I'm not excited about Burrow right now because I don't think they're going to build a team around him to take advantage of all that talent.   It's really got nothing to do with him.  We've watched them double down on terrible players while insisting they're "phenomenal", so either they can't tell the difference or they don't care.  Possibly a little of both.

Based on what? They built a great team around Carson. Outstanding offensive line, offensive weapons and receivers all over the place. They build a good enough team around Andy Dalton that they went to the playoffs five straight years with a mediocre at best QB.

But they can't build a team to win with Burrow? Come on man that just stupid.

Archived