* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

You are talking out your ass on all counts. There is no way to prove any of it. Except for the 7 top 10 teams, but that doesn't prove his competition was tougher as rankings aren't gospel. And saying that he carried the team is hilarious. He had weapons out the ass. I'd rather have Herbert. Trade down and get Herbert and the LB from Clemson. Or Murray.

Did you actually watch Burrow and Herbert play....if that answer is yes to both questions and you still want Herbert over Burrow then I seriously question your football IQ.

A game changing QB is more valuable than a mid tier QB and a coverage LB.

29 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Damn.  Everyone gets sideways every now and then, but that guy needs professional help.  Fans like that ruin sports for everyone else.

I just hope he didn’t hit his wife or kick his dog after he got banned.  Seemed to have serious anger issues.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I just hope he didn’t hit his wife or kick his dog after he got banned.  Seemed to have serious anger issues.

Probably just gave him someone or something to complain about to anyone around him that will listen.  Guys like that always need someone to target.

16 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Thank god. People talking on a forum saying I bet you wouldn't say that to my face are the absolute lowest form of internet people. He makes me ashamed to be a Buckeye fan. Jesus.

this

so happy he is gone

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

You are talking out your ass on all counts. There is no way to prove any of it. Except for the 7 top 10 teams, but that doesn't prove his competition was tougher as rankings aren't gospel. And saying that he carried the team is hilarious. He had weapons out the ass. I'd rather have Herbert. Trade down and get Herbert and the LB from Clemson. Or Murray.

Its all speculation isnt it?  We only know what our eyes have seen to this point.  Jefferson was a two star recruit.  Chase looks to be the realest of the deals.  Its a top flight college program, you are going to have that just as you are going to have elite level athletes and weapons in the NFL.  I see some of your points, just dont think "he has weapons" is very valid.  They all do when they perform to that level in college.  Not to mention, they will as well in the pros.  Just so happens, maybe i am being biased her, but i really believe out of some of the bottom feeders, Cincinnati has some of the best all around weapons, if Green remains on this team.  It can be argued a better tight end would make it better, but all things considered, this team will have talent for Joe to utilize.  

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Did you actually watch Burrow and Herbert play....if that answer is yes to both questions and you still want Herbert over Burrow then I seriously question your football IQ.

A game changing QB is more valuable than a mid tier QB and a coverage LB.

I would rather have two picks in the first round than Burrow. A good servicable QB and a defensive player. I hate that the bengals are pressured into picking Burrow or will never hear the end of it. If they do pick him and he sucks at the NFL level. They will blame the Bengals. 

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

I would rather have two picks in the first round than Burrow. A good servicable QB and a defensive player. I hate that the bengals are pressured into picking Burrow or will never hear the end of it. If they do pick him and he sucks at the NFL level. They will blame the Bengals. 

So what.  Its up to the players and the organization as a whole to change that narrative.  In 30+ years they havent, so it will continue until they do.  Drafting Joe Burrow is a start.  They arent forced to do anything.  He is being discussed as the number one pick for a reason, because he's earned it.  Just as the Cincinnati Bengals have earned the 1st overall pick in the draft.  Change the narrative.  Its that simple.   

8 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Herbert is nowhere near the talent of Burrow, trust me Burrow is a special player... he's a leader of men and the bed prospect to come out in a generation. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/24/21079631/andrew-whitworth-potential-pick-joe-burrow-special

The Bengals aren't pressured, they're fortunate. They need quality talent, not a bunch of picks. They had 10 picks last year and got next to nothing as far as production is concerned from those picks.

As for the media....fuck em'... they'll be onboard once Burrow starts winning. 

52 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I’m still not even sure that Herbert is a first round pick. If you just watch his game tape, he’s likely a 2nd rounder. 

He reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton... doesn't take a lot of chances/quick to check it down, questionable accuracy down the field, fairly mobile, and not a natural leader....I would rather keep Dalton than draft Herbert or any other QB in this draft besides Burrow.

Herbert has a stronger arm. He may be slightly more athletic. Burrow is better in every other way. His pocket awareness and ball placement are outstanding. His leadership, toughness, and poise under pressure are all much better than Herbert. 

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

He reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton... doesn't take a lot of chances/quick to check it down, questionable accuracy down the field, fairly mobile, and not a natural leader....I would rather keep Dalton than draft Herbert or any other QB in this draft besides Burrow.

Tua is on the same level as Burrow if you want to compare overall talent and leadership but you can't ignore the injury issues. 

Herbert's scouting report is almost exactly the same as Josh Rosen's.    Has all the measurables.  Tall, strong arm, accurate, et al.    Of course Rosen was NOT liked by his coaches and was a shitty leader.  I understand Herbert is lacking in the leadership department as well.  PASS.   

It's ok to want Burrow without trashing Herbert. If dude would have declared last year he'd been #1 QB in the draft; while Burrow would have been an UDFA. Dude just came off a season where he completed well over 65% of his passes for 3500ish yards, 32 TDs,, and 6 INTs. WTS, he didn't sit on those numbers; he participated in the Senior Bowl. If we stay pat I want Burrow but one hit wonder needs to be a concern when compared to Herbert's career.  

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I think coaching at Oregon is a lot of the reason for his lack of chances. When Oregon started losing Herbert seemed to take more chances because the coaches had to open it up. He's got a lower floor but a much higher ceiling than Dalton though. It is Burrow time though so Herbert is someone elses problem to figure out.

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

Tua is on the same level as Burrow if you want to compare overall talent and leadership but you can't ignore the injury issues. 

Herbert's scouting report is almost exactly the same as Josh Rosen's.    Has all the measurables.  Tall, strong arm, accurate, et al.    Of course Rosen was NOT liked by his coaches and was a shitty leader.  I understand Herbert is lacking in the leadership department as well.  PASS.   

If Tau had not been injured - man this would be an interesting #1 pick.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Yep. I actually agree that OSU got screwed by the refs vs Clemson, and I was tired of him. 

same here...but didn't really want to voice that because there are a lot of Buckeye haters on here.

I also agree with the people (SF) that the Bucks left way to many points on the field int he first half settling for fg's and not getting tds.

But you cannot overlook a couple of those calls... oh well...back at it next year...

lets go Bucks 

and bye bengalbuckeye 

5 hours ago, bfine said:

It's ok to want Burrow without trashing Herbert. If dude would have declared last year he'd been #1 QB in the draft; while Burrow would have been an UDFA. Dude just came off a season where he completed well over 65% of his passes for 3500ish yards, 32 TDs,, and 6 INTs. WTS, he didn't sit on those numbers; he participated in the Senior Bowl. If we stay pat I want Burrow but one hit wonder needs to be a concern when compared to Herbert's career.  

It's like the Highlander... there can only be one.

10 hours ago, fluhartz said:

same here...but didn't really want to voice that because there are a lot of Buckeye haters on here.

I also agree with the people (SF) that the Bucks left way to many points on the field int he first half settling for fg's and not getting tds.

But you cannot overlook a couple of those calls... oh well...back at it next year...

lets go Bucks 

and bye bengalbuckeye 

Most games will have a bad call or two.  Its inevitable and the replay officials have shown they lack the balls to overturn anything even if it is pretty obvious. 

4 hours ago, SF2 said:

Most games will have a bad call or two.  Its inevitable and the replay officials have shown they lack the balls to overturn anything even if it is pretty obvious. 

Well, that was the problem in that game. The on-field refs were correct on a couple of the biggest calls that went against OSU and the replay guy buzzed in and changed them to wrong ones.

Just now, sparky151 said:

Well, that was the problem in that game. The on-field refs were correct on a couple of the biggest calls that went against OSU and the replay guy buzzed in and changed them to wrong ones.

I could care less if OSU had won or lost that game, but all the whining by some Buckeye fans makes me glad they lost. 

To win a championship a team will have to overcome adversity.  OSU had a big lead, had some bad breaks, and shit the bed.  They lost to a team that fell behind, but had the poise to adjust and come back to win. 

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I could care less if OSU had won or lost that game, but all the whining by some Buckeye fans makes me glad they lost. 

To win a championship a team will have to overcome adversity.  OSU had a big lead, had some bad breaks, and shit the bed.  They lost to a team that fell behind, but had the poise to adjust and come back to win. 

OSU fans aren't complaining about Clemson's big plays. They are complaining about the officials who are supposed to be neutral. In that game they weren't and cost OSU at least 7 points in a game decided by 6. Furthermore, the officals on the field made correct calls and the replay guy from the SEC overturned them into wrong calls. If the refs with the benefit of slow mo and multiple camera angles get it wrong, what can you do but complain? 

Archived