* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Playoff wins don't mean shit. Super bowl is the bottom line and two thirds of the teams haven't gone in decades. Do you think the chiefs fans have reveled in their handful of playoff wins over the last 50 years? 

I would say winning a Conference championship and playing in a Super Bowl is an accomplishment but yeah, the Chiefs have played in 21 playoff games since 1991 and won only 7.  That includes 2 AFC Championship losses.  I agree their fans are probably not pounding  their chests over that. 

22 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It is bullshit, but I try to look at it from their perspective.  Once you run out of stats "sports journalism" is basically creative writing, and an 8-8 average team is boring.  People are much more entertained by a Bad News Bears story line.  

This is where it gets ridiculous; every offseason for the past.. IDK how many years..  is going to be Cleveland's year.  I'm not sure if the national media see Cleveland as more representative of Ohio than Cincinnati for some reason or what their damage is, but they continually try to promote the Browns over the Bengals.  Part of that is the shitting down our legs in big games, but you have to at least have big games to do that.  I know the NFL hates Ol' Musty but I can't imagine ESPN etc really care one way or the other.  What's Cleveland got that we don't besides some unholy lake effect weather and unidentifiable smells?

Thats all that gets remembered now.  However, during that 5 year stretch, many of them boasted this roster as one of the tops in the NFL.  After about 2013, it became this roster is full of talent, but can they win meaningful playoff games.  I dont even need to speak on 2015 do I (hint, its now not the refs or joey porters fault)  Truth is, while i agree that they definitely can be banging on other teams for their ineptitude, Cincinnati has done zero favors for themselves.  Will continue to be this way until proven otherwise.  Thats life.  

Definitely agree with everything as it relates to Joe Burrow.  What they are trying to spin is a bunch of tired bullshit.  Seems very little reporting anymore shoots for anything other than shock value.  It doesnt stop with football.  They have now resorted to having Stephen A on post fight shows for the UFC.  Wow, is that simply terrible.  Today's world i guess.      

2 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Thats all that gets remembered now.  However, during that 5 year stretch, many of them boasted this roster as one of the tops in the NFL.  After about 2013, it became this roster is full of talent, but can they win.  I dont even need to speak on 2015 do I.  Truth is, while i agree that they definitely can be banging on other teams for their ineptitude, Cincinnati has done zero favors for themselves.  Will continue to be this way until proven otherwise.  Thats life.  

Definitely agree with everything as it relates to Joe Burrow.  What they are trying to spin is a bunch of tired bullshit.  Seems very little reporting anymore shoots for anything other than shock value.  It doesnt stop with football.  They have now resorted to having Stephen A on post fight shows for the UFC.  Wow, is that simply terrible.  Today's world i guess.      

There just isn't enough sports news to take up 24 hours a day of Sportscenter, podcasts, radio talk shows, and those awful TV shows where they scream at each other.  They have to make stuff up.  If you make stuff up that pisses people off and gets a lot of action on social media, you are probably getting promoted.  What else can you say about Joe Burrow except stuff about the Bengals, which is bound to be negative.  I don't watch or listen to any of it.  I just come here and learn about it.

Playoff wins do mean shit and there is more than enough evidence that Cincy has not been all-in on winning over the past 30 years.

I can assure you that people here in Nashville are more excited about local sports given the past season of Titans football as well as recent Preds seasons. It's not the walk thru the cemetery that Cincy sports has been.
If Burrow finds a way out of coming to Cincy then the circle is complete.  

The most interesting thing Housh said was that while he was playing he didn't notice the dysfunctional things that were  going on, but after he was gone and had perspective he understood the issues.  This is the stuff that makes you doubt a team run by Mike Brown.

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The most interesting thing Housh said was that while he was playing he didn't notice the dysfunctional things that were  going on, but after he was gone and had perspective he understood the issues.  This is the stuff that makes you doubt a team run by Mike Brown.

It's like being in love you never notice how shitty they are until you have left them.

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It's like being in love you never notice how shitty they are until you have left them.

Maybe how shitty you thought they were until after they leave you.

I think there's a word for that.  Divorce. 

As far as Housh... he's a loud mouth has-been who was a loud mouth when he was here.

I honestly think its time for him to STFU, disappear and become the answer to a trivia question.

Not a Housh fan. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Maybe how shitty you thought they were until after they leave you.

I think there's a word for that.  Divorce. 

As far as Housh... he's a loud mouth has-been who was a loud mouth when he was here.

I honestly think its time for him to STFU, disappear and become the answer to a trivia question.

Not a Housh fan. 

For the record he didn't say anything crazy when talking about Burrow and the Bengals, but I don't disagree with your assessment of him as a Bengal.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, UncleEarl said:

Problem is, that simply isn't true. He went on national radio and said how Willie Anderson told him when he was a rookie about the used jockstraps, etc. So he knew it was shitty when he first got here. Stay out of Burrow's ear with that shit, Housh!

I can't say anything that hasn't been said.... but I'm tired of hearing the shit that if he comes to Cincinnati the NFL will never hear anything from him again. We all know Mike Brown is a shity owner... but people need not act like Palmer and Dalton didn't have chances to succeed. Another thing as far as Palmer goes, I think his injuries might have had a little something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Problem is, that simply isn't true. He went on national radio and said how Willie Anderson told him when he was a rookie about the used jockstraps, etc. So he knew it was shitty when he first got here. Stay out of Burrow's ear with that shit, Housh!

I was only talking about the posted podcast.  I listened from the point where he started talking about Burrow.  Listen yourself. 

If that shit is true then Housh or anyone else should tell him.  I want the Bengals to win, but there is no excuse for shit like that.

7 minutes ago, Bengal Cat said:

I can't say anything that hasn't been said.... but I'm tired of hearing the shit that if he comes to Cincinnati the NFL will never hear anything from him again. We all know Mike Brown is a shity owner... but people need not act like Palmer and Dalton didn't have chances to succeed. Another thing as far as Palmer goes, I think his injuries might have had a little something to do with it.

Housh said some stuff about Palmer about he was the best he's ever seen.  Well, Palmer may have all the ability in the world, but at no point do I think he made any of the teams he played for in the NFL better.  Rising to the moment and leadership are key attributes to winning championships.  Palmer showed none of that in the NFL.

5 hours ago, Bengal Cat said:

I can't say anything that hasn't been said.... but I'm tired of hearing the shit that if he comes to Cincinnati the NFL will never hear anything from him again. 

This is similar to how some reacted when Kawhi was traded to the Raptors - as if he was entering purgatory (or hell).  Believe me, when the media (and fans) have no choice but to wake up and pay attention to your team, there's nothing sweeter.  If they do try to pretend Burrow doesn't exist anymore, it will be a great day when they have to angrily ask:

WhoIsJoeBurrow.jpg.34a712a495dab930e026639969c3e6bd.jpg

17 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

1:27.  What did Andy Dalton say?

Likely what every player that leaves, or wants to leave, the Bengals says.  They are a second rate organization that goes cheap, or is still doing it the way Paul Brown did it.  It hasn't worked in nearly 30 years.  I hope Joe Burrow makes it work, but I'm not holding my breath. 

5 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

1:27.  What did Andy Dalton say?

I don't know what Andy Dalton did say... But I know what he should have said...." I was surrounded with enough talent to make the playoffs 5 years in a row. But I got scared and pissed down my leg every playoff game I played in. The closest my team came to winning a playoff game was the one I didn't play in. I was fortunate to have a coach that didn't have enough balls to pull me when my quarterback rating couldn't be seen with a microscope."

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Dude remember that playoff game where Andy Dalton gave up 200 yards rushing?  Worst linebacker EVER!

Wasn't that the SD game?

The game our D held SD to punts in the 4th quarter until SD's last drive and we had to sellout on D to try to get a turnover so we crowded the box. Then Ronnie Brown who had 7 carries for 17 yards found a gap in sell out D and managed to run for a 60 yard TD, because we had everybody at the LOS trying to get the ball back and give it to an offense that had had 3 straight turnovers in that same quarter.

Are we thinking of the same game? Stupid Linebackers!!

Archived