* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Kitna's hand size was the least of his problems.  He was terrible under pressure & most of the team hated him.  

I'm not going to dig up the video again but his shovel pass to a blitzing Takeo Spikes vs the Bills is the defining Kitna moment to me.

You mean Squirrel Paws?

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

The short term memory is hilarious from people that used to bitch about Kitna's tiny hands. Now it doesn't matter. And before everybody goes apeshit, I'm not saying it matters, but a lot of people here have. Just yet another example of how people rationalize what they want.

Yeah but he had tiny hands

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

The short term memory is hilarious from people that used to bitch about Kitna's tiny hands. Now it doesn't matter. And before everybody goes apeshit, I'm not saying it matters, but a lot of people here have. Just yet another example of how people rationalize what they want.

Well tbh, Kitna's hand size only came into question because he was a fumbling machine.  If Joe starts fumbling a lot he'll get the same treatment.

2 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

Jesus Christ, even in that broadcast they try to spin shit by playing on the "not going to not play" double negative as if it's less committal than "yes I'll play".

They have alot of time to fill..

We know they know hell everyone knows theyll take Burrow unless they get an offer thats too good to turn down..

Miami wants to give the Bengals 2 first rounders plus maybe another one next year..

They wont come off all three so tks but no tks to them...

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

But people blamed his hand size every time he turned the ball over. Now it doesn't matter to them.

Until he starts turning the ball over, it doesn't matter.  I'm sure Finley has nice big hands, yet I bet he would turn the ball over even more.

This is piddly ass shit.  Drew Brees and Russel Wilson are too short.  If you can play, you can play.  Far too much is made of the underwear Olympics.  Draft guys who can play football, not soft as whiners who have "great feet" to play OT for example. 

There is no guarantee that Burrow will be a great QB, but throwing out games upon games of great game play over hand size is stupid.  Plenty of big handed QBs that turn the ball over all the time.

You know, its actually amazing to me.  I just listened to Rich Eisen.  He actually played some of the clips and read off some of the others from Joe's press conference this morning.  With that, he is still trying to spin it as if Burrow is smart and savvy and just knows what to say, but doesnt necessarily mean it.  Holy Shit.  When is enough enough? 

8 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

You know, its actually amazing to me.  I just listened to Rich Eisen.  He actually played some of the clips and read off some of the others from Joe's press conference this morning.  With that, he is still trying to spin it as if Burrow is smart and savvy and just knows what to say, but doesnt necessarily mean it.  Holy Shit.  When is enough enough? 

I do t listen to his moronic comments..

Seems ole Dans days of being relevent are gone..

Good riddence...

10 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Joe could have shown up in a Bengals hat and jersey and the national media would still find a way to spin it. 

2 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

Wait, Rich Eisen wasn't talking about Kobe Bryant today?  I thought everyone in LA was taking the month off to mourn?

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Joe could have shown up in a Bengals hat and jersey and the national media would still find a way to spin it. 

Indeed, like he’s trolling us or making fun of us because we are all going crazy thinking of him in stripes (which is true in my case).

“Oh, those gullible, desperate Bengals fans!”

Oh. Wait...

Curious, does anybody remember if the same sports geniuses were speculating if any of the multiple #1 overall picks for the turds over recent years would not play for them? I know they all hate Mike Brown, but how can the turds not be obviously considered to be much more of a joke than us or any other team? 

Welp, prepare for peak stupidity.  Cowherd now says Burrow isn't even a great prospect, and his hands are SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT!:

Notice how he didn't compare Mahomes and Burrow's hands (just said Mahomes is "slightly below average"... never mind the fact his are a hair bigger than Joe's).  He also doesn't mention a single elite thing about Joe, except his "story", I guess?

Meanwhile, he previously said Joe should pull an Eli, and he also says Tua is his #1 QB (who is the SHORTEST QB at 6'0" flat!!!  OMG!!!)

Cowherd is a fucking gasbag. only slightly less annoying than Stephen A. and Skip.

Just throw a million stupid takes at the wall and one will eventually stick and then SEE I TOLD Ya.  I hate the talking heads so much.

I only listen to like 15 minutes of Golic & Wingo on my morning commute...they aren't bad

I like all the local shows here in Columbus, 97.1 is pretty decent all day.

5 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Welp, prepare for peak stupidity.  Cowherd now says Burrow isn't even a great prospect, and his hands are SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT!:

Notice how he didn't compare Mahomes and Burrow's hands (just said Mahomes is "slightly below average"... never mind the fact his are a hair bigger than Joe's).  He also doesn't mention a single elite thing about Joe, except his "story", I guess?

Meanwhile, he previously said Joe should pull an Eli, and he also says Tua is his #1 QB (who is the SHORTEST QB at 6'0" flat!!!  OMG!!!)

When is the last time that he or any of the other geniuses suggested that the #1 pick should pull an Eli Elway? Even though all teams that pick first are bad teams by definition, worst record in the league. Which are often the turds with their revolving door for head coach and QBs.

49 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

This asshhole said yesterday that he didn't believe in Vince Young because his throwing motion reminded him too much of Tim Tebow.  Vince Young came out of college in '06!  Tebow was still a sophomore!! 

I never listen to that Asshat.  Glad ESPN fired him and look forward to when he gets fired again. 

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

His last name should be Cowanus because all he does is spew bull crap. 

Archived