* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

54 minutes ago, crazycat said:

I don't know if Burrow planned it, but to have a cigar handy to light up after the National Championship game, and to sit in his uniform to smoke it, that was bad ass.

He talked about it. LSU strength coach family owns a cigar shop and handed them out after the game. Burrow was waiting to do his presser and decided to smoke it while waiting. Says it was his first and only time smoking a cigar.

This what Im thinking bout thr team

They started their foundation by drafting their QB an LT in the last two years..

Both ranked the highest on the board..

They have an offensive line  that needs a RG because  their keeping Hart...BTW he only had 7 penaltie in mucho snaps..

i truly think he has told if he was beat around the edge to let his opponent tmake a play ..hence Dalton  ( with no moves)  gets sacked...

Here is Moss' first play he recalls of all the great ones: 

"Third-and-15, third-and-17 against Texas. He stepped up in the pocket and avoided the blitz. And just threw it off one foot and threw a dime to (wide receiver) Justin Jefferson coming across the field. Justin ended up scoring a touchdown and that was the nail in the coffin. That was probably the biggest play. I think everybody was like, 'Man, we don't know how you made that play.' They sent the house. It was a cover zero (all-out blitz) and he made it happen."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-foes-mates-salute-burrow-back-up-qb-debate-big-lbs-still-a-must-don-t

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Here is Moss' first play he recalls of all the great ones: 

"Third-and-15, third-and-17 against Texas. He stepped up in the pocket and avoided the blitz. And just threw it off one foot and threw a dime to (wide receiver) Justin Jefferson coming across the field. Justin ended up scoring a touchdown and that was the nail in the coffin. That was probably the biggest play. I think everybody was like, 'Man, we don't know how you made that play.' They sent the house. It was a cover zero (all-out blitz) and he made it happen."

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-foes-mates-salute-burrow-back-up-qb-debate-big-lbs-still-a-must-don-t

On 2/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, fluhartz said:

Cowherd is a fucking gasbag. only slightly less annoying than Stephen A. and Skip.

Just throw a million stupid takes at the wall and one will eventually stick and then SEE I TOLD Ya.  I hate the talking heads so much.

I only listen to like 15 minutes of Golic & Wingo on my morning commute...they aren't bad

I like all the local shows here in Columbus, 97.1 is pretty decent all day.

Yep Cowherd is like the reality TV show of the talking heads. He's more about drama no matter the facts, and not just about the Bengals.

I tune him and his co host Joy (yes Jason my bro got me here) Taylor out whenever I accidentally stumble on them during driving.

The more things that come out about stuff he says, or does the more I am impressed with him and makes me so happy that we have the first pick. 

This kid seems to really have it. I cannot wait for him to be in the orange and black!!!

15 minutes ago, crazycat said:

It's like he is the anti-Mayfield. He has the confidence, but also the humility and maturity to realize that he has to prove that he can do it at the next level.

That's a good point, he has Moxy and swag like Baker, and unlike Andy, but he's a real competitor and has shown he can come through in tense and tough situations. 

Burrow is the real deal while Baker is a wannabe. Burrow has shown that he can raise his play in certain situations when the media hype and attention is high and deliver an impressive performance. 

5 hours ago, fluhartz said:

The more things that come out about stuff he says, or does the more I am impressed with him and makes me so happy that we have the first pick. 

This kid seems to really have it. I cannot wait for him to be in the orange and black!!!

4 hours ago, crazycat said:

It's like he is the anti-Mayfield. He has the confidence, but also the humility and maturity to realize that he has to prove that he can do it at the next level.

I so much agree with these comments.  I'm not a fan of new fangled, arrogant Mayfield, Mahommes, etc. types.  He just seems to be have it all in perspective as mentioned above.  I just hope the Bengals realize the opportunity they have here and take full advantage of not only the pick, but stepping up in other areas to ensure success.  Sadly I have my doubts on the latter, but at least JB is one step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Never looked at Mahomes as arrogant..

Im sure he now knows  hes the best QB in the Nfl at this time..

Seems like the type yoy want representing your city..

Burrows has those traits...

Agree to disagree I guess.  My take is that if Mahomes was the one in the conversation/comparison to Brady, he'd end up saying something slicker like "Gee thanks, but honestly my goal is to be better than Brady".  I don't see him responding anywhere close to how Burrow just handled it as quoted above.  I do agree that there is often a fine line between being confident & successful as opposed to being cocky & arrogant, and some of that is personal perception.  For my eyes, I see Burrow much farther in the former category versus the others.  I also love Burrow's humility, wit/sarcasm, and the way he's handling all the publicity in general...but especially in regard to dumbass reporters trying to spin webs.

Just read a prediction on Twitter for a Dalton trade with Indy. 

Cincy gets Indy's 1st round pic, 13th overall. 

Indy gets Dalton and a 2nd round pick.

Just a prediction. But I think that would be absolute best case scenario for the Bengals. Hands down. 

2 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Just a prediction. But I think that would be absolute best case scenario for the Bengals. Hands down. 

Give #33 & Dalton for #13?  IDK if they'd take that but sounds great to me

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

😳

Archived