* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

6 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Who were they playing that day? Us?

EDIT: Found it. We played them the Sunday following this. We won 37-3.

They won three games that season.

I didn’t notice the date of the tweet. I saw it when someone else had retweeted it. 
Still...

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Poise? We can't have any of that!!

Agreed!  There's enough feminine hygiene product advertisements on TV, we sure don't need anymore here!

Oh...wait...what?...you mean Poise as a character trait?        "Nevermind!" - Emily Latella

10 minutes ago, membengal said:

Amazing.. What else is there to say but Cincinnati is blessed this year to get him..

For Gods sake get him protection to dissect defenses ....

8 hours ago, membengal said:

No - because it is bullshit. It didn’t even get picked up from the usual bullshit amplifying sources like PFT.

I thought and hoped so, but the guy seems sure of himself. He did leave himself a huge back door out, though.

Under normal circumstances, Burrow has said enough to put my mind at ease.  But I'm still not completely unconcerned that Burrow might wait to be sure there will be a 2020 season before signing. If the season were to be cancelled, there would be no disadvantage to his refusing to sign and re-entering the draft in 2021. Not saying he would or that he wants to, or that there are great odds of the season being cancelled, but as I said a few days ago, 45 years with this franchise has taught me to at least consider the possibility of the worst case.

Another thought or drafting JB..

On the draftside...hes considered atrue fanchise QB...we all know that....but..

What if they traded for Miami's first three picks and a 1st or second in 2021..

They could improve areas yes but NO JOE!

Have you looked at the 2021 QBs?...

Lawrence is the gem...Fields is going to be next..

After that is a crock of....beans . shall we say..

Gambling slot in drafting Fields..with what? Oh our first pick and our Miami pick 

Im getting Joe while I can and build around him...

6 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I thought and hoped so, but the guy seems sure of himself. He did leave himself a huge back door out, though.

Under normal circumstances, Burrow has said enough to put my mind at ease.  But I'm still not completely unconcerned that Burrow might wait to be sure there will be a 2020 season before signing. If the season were to be cancelled, there would be no disadvantage to his refusing to sign and re-entering the draft in 2021. Not saying he would or that he wants to, or that there are great odds of the season being cancelled, but as I said a few days ago, 45 years with this franchise has taught me to at least consider the possibility of the worst case.

Fairly clear that the NFL has no plans (that they are voicing anyway) as what to do about the fallout of a season postponement/cancellation. One would think that contracts between draftee and team will be heavily negotiated with safeguards for both sides. The league may need to set a template--however that would have to include buy-in by the NFLPA.

In lieu of anything being league mandated/agreed to the contrary, it would no doubt go back to the way it has been in recent years: Player is drafted by Team A, player either signs or sits unsigned. But, player rights are still controlled by Team A the following year.

Normally if a player is drafted and doesn't sign with a team, he's back in the draft the following year. If the 2020 season were to be canceled, I doubt unsigned draftees would go back in the following year however. Players get paid whether or not the games are being played. So teams may not want to sign their rookies if the season is canceled. In that situation, the league isn't going to take players away from teams if they can help it.

18 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Other than losing a season of making well over $10M?  I would say that is a huge disadvantage.  Players only have so many years to make that money.

Last year Murray's signing bonus was over $23M.  He will get paid whether he plays or not.

Archived