* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Comparing the WWE to the NFL is laughable.  You have 2 people in a scripted match.  Maybe 6 to 8 people in the area?  You have 2 teams of 53 plus coaches, trainers, officials, media etc.  It is ridiculous to compare the two. 

As I  pointed out, it was smaller, but the same process can be used on a larger scale for the NFL.  The backstretches at Gulfstream Park and Oaklawn Park are not small.  They have effectively kept the virus away so far.  By August we should have plenty of tests, antibody tests, etc. to allow the NFL to put together a program to keep players and coaches healthy.  The NFL has the cash to have the best testing program in the world.  Fans?  That's a different story.

Testing and NFL wealth aside, there is a small item known as the 10th Amendment. It will be the call of the separate states as to what opens when and where. It may be fine to do the testing and competition in one state (or even locality), but not in another. 

11 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That is the point for the euro leagues--especially the PL--to finish the 8 or so matches, get the champion crowned, and the bottom 3 relegated (same for Championship...to get their 3 promoted). The PL money has already been expended for the TV..but completion is essential for the trickle-down to save the hand-to-mouth lower leagues. Gate receipts are critical for them, but the plan is for the PL to basically fund League One and League Two, in order to get them through to September. Empty stadia will be no big deal for Arsenal and Liverpool--they have their money. 

Hear tell the PL and FIFA are planning to use Wembley to help field the remaining matches-as many as 4 matches per day. Both PL and Championship. No crowd of course. All televised. What a loot maker that will be. 

However, neither FIFA, UEFA, PL, or any organization has the slightest plan on what to do past June. Not even finishing Champions League, and certainly no plans for a 20-21 season. 

I hope they have the ability to change the pitch quickly or it will be like my old days of playing on Elder's or Centerville's goat pasture.

Yeah, even after one NFL game a year on it, the pitch goes to crap. 

I am seeing where they are looking at another “neutral” location to assist spacing these out. Haven’t seen exactly where yet. 

Edit: the FA has also offered St. George’s Football Centre. This is mostly used for academy-level training/games, but does have two regulation-sized playing fields—one covered, one not. Neither have seating, but are fully equipped for TV capabilities. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

I just watchef Oregon-Arizona St game..

Herbert was all over the place passing..

Hes got a strong arm but his recognition

on the field is bad..real bad...

I dont want him and if i were Miami or Chargers id think twice about drafting him....

I believe Id take beat up Tua or even Love begore this guy..

53 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I just watchef Oregon-Arizona St game..

Herbert was all over the place passing..

Hes got a strong arm but his recognition

on the field is bad..real bad...

I dont want him and if i were Miami or Chargers id think twice about drafting him....

I believe Id take beat up Tua or even Love begore this guy..

The thoughts on both Love and Hebert are quite mixed but someone will fall in love (no pun intended) with them and pick them early. It is too bad Tau has the injury because this draft would be a lot more exciting if he was healthy. 

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

After '06, for whatever reason, Carson had no heart. Shit defense and the Bratfailski System maybe but his mind was elsewhere.

I bieve it was all the diva receivers in his face in the huddles all the time...

Then Rudi startied  bitching about his carries..

He was a physical specimen for a QB 

but lacked leadership entirely......

He was also a Quitter!.. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I bieve it was all the diva receivers in his face in the huddles all the time...

Then Rudi startied  bitching about his carries..

He was a physical specimen for a QB 

but lacked leadership entirely......

He was also a Quitter!.. 

ML did not handle the team well in that period, should have clamped down earlier

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

ML did not handle the team well in that period, should have clamped down earlier

He was never given the authority.  IDK how this keeps being overlooked, but he publicly stated he didn't want to bring back Chris Henry.   Redeemer overruled him.  They might as well have fired him right then because once an owner undermines the head coach like that no one is going to respect them.  They knew if Marvin wanted them gone they could just take their sob story to Ol' Musty.  Then people wonder why so-and-so was stuck on the bench for years, or why they kept letting Pacman spit on people and still be a Team Captain.

Mike Brown is soft and the players know it.  

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He was never given the authority.  IDK how this keeps being overlooked, but he publicly stated he didn't want to bring back Chris Henry.   Redeemer overruled him.  They might as well have fired him right then because once an owner undermines the head coach like that no one is going to respect them.  They knew if Marvin wanted them gone they could just take their sob story to Ol' Musty.  Then people wonder why so-and-so was stuck on the bench for years, or why they kept letting Pacman spit on people and still be a Team Captain.

Mike Brown is soft and the players know it.  

All this stuff is true, but if you knew then what we know now about the Palmer era Trojans would you expect him to have any heart?  That USC program was as corrupt as any we've heard of before or since.  Palmer had the best of everything at USC.  Should we have been surprised when he folded under pressure?  In retrospect it really isn't surprising.

12 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

I think its time for Hoosyourmama to get a life.

If he was ever in a game and covered by Dre Kirkpatrick it would look like

two squirrels at a gay disco busting their moves for every pass thrown.

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think its time for Hoosyourmama to get a life.

If he was ever in a game and covered by Dre Kirkpatrick it would look like

two squirrels at a gay disco busting their moves for every pass thrown.

What??

I agree that TJ has been doing a lot of bashing of his old team, I don't remember him being such a malcotent when he was playing here. You would think he would have more respect for the organization that wanted him when nobody else did.

If not for the Bengals believing in him and giving him an opportunity he would just another gay squirrel with a ponytail at a disco busting his moves on the dance floor...

38 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

What??

I agree that TJ has been doing a lot of bashing of his old team, I don't remember him being such a malcotent when he was playing here. You would think he would have more respect for the organization that wanted him when nobody else did.

If not for the Bengals believing in him and giving him an opportunity he would just another gay squirrel with a ponytail at a disco busting his moves on the dance floor...

Its just that TJ threw a hissy at every incomplete pass.  Always being held or interfered with in some way.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Its just that TJ threw a hissy at every incomplete pass.  Always being held or interfered with in some way.

Well, he was being held and interfered with a lot back in those days.  D backs got away with murder until recently, that is why big powerful receivers were such a hot commodity back then. 

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

What??

Listen to the interview.

Archived