* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

TEARS FILL MY EYES CHASING AKILI SMITH PHANTOMS SO FILLED WITH HOPE I CAN TASTE MYTHICAL SUPER BOWLS

FALSE HOPE PERHAPS BUT MIKE BROWN ALWAYS LET ME DOWN BEFORE NOW FEEL THE STING FEELING TIME BURROWING DOWN

Exciting Indeed...but I hope this is the last time we are on the clock at the end of the season. It's a new era. A breath of fresh air. You just have the feeling that tonight is the beginning of something special. It's not like JB is coming in and the cupboard is bare. Hes going to have some talent around him. In the words of the immortal Alan Cutler... it's a great day to be a Bengals fan....Who Dey!!!

5 hours ago, bengaled said:

I do know this. What they HAVE been doing hasn't been working worth a fuck, and I've said it for years. I hope your thinking doesn't align with meaning their way has been the right way? I say that for this reason, especially this reason. The Bengals' top brass has had a consistent problem with addressing the need to invest in their OL, and the concerns with their failure to do that has shown up throughout the season year after year. If there has ever been a time to change that script and come out of the dark ages on thier thinking about that...that time is now.

Do I think their way has been the right way?  No. 

You are wrong that they haven't known they have needed to address  the OL, they have just sucked ass at it.  Oogie Boogie?  Fisher?  Price?  All first or second rounders and all suck.  Hopefully Williams breaks that losing streak, but you can't say they haven't tried to address it.  The OL is the story of the Bengals in a nutshell, incompetence.

Archived