* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

It was obvious that the Bengals were one of the winning teams of round 1, but Rosenthal did point out that the fans were also winners. Nicer things were said than I was expecting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110974/article/2020-nfl-draft-day-1-winners-losers-miami-up-rodgers-down

Cincinnati Bengals fans: They deserve this. Sure, it hasn't been that long since the franchise landed Carson Palmer first overall, but 2020 No. 1 pick Joe Burrow is a swaggy Ohio product with just enough chutzpah to end the Bengals' playoff woes. His arm strength may not match Palmer's, but any worries that he's a rich man's Andy Dalton should be put aside. Burrow's pocket movement, accuracy and ability to make plays on the run make him a perfect fit for Zac Taylor's offense. At 23, Burrow will not be your average rookie quarterback, and the Bengals are not your average 2-14 roster. With receivers A.J. Green and Tyler Boyd and running back Joe Mixon alongside him, this roster is ready to be competitive in 2020.

2 hours ago, Sox said:

Thank you for the early Christmas present Bengals. Please don't make my second present socks like last year.

but...but...but...that's your name!  You brought that chit on yourself!   :)

Sorry couldn't resist.

39 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I have to say I actually enjoyed this:

Usually I cringe at the stupid shit top picks do for endorsements, but Joe plays it off pretty well.  At least he isn't taking pictures of himself shoving a huge sausage down his gullet (yet?)

Lol, the "yes! I did it I did it!" got me 😂

Mike Brown welcomed Joe Burrow to Bengals, sent his parents No. 9 jerseys, per report

Dave Clark, Cincinnati Enquirer

Cincinnati Bengals owner and team president Mike Brown welcomed LSU quarterback Joe Burrow - expected to be the team's No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft - to Cincinnati a day early on Wednesday, and sent Burrow's parents No. 9 Bengals jerseys, according to a report via Twitter about an hour before the start of the draft from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Schefter added that Brown sent Burrow a letter that said he looks forward “to building championship football teams with you for many years to come.”

Brown told The Enquirer's Paul Daugherty earlier this week about his plan for following the draft:

Mike Brown will be ensconced in his modest East Side abode Thursday, a new member of Zoom town, as player personnel director and de facto general manager Duke Tobin runs the show. "Duke controls the screen," says Mike. "I’ll see who Duke wants me to see."

It’s not that Mike Brown is averse to new tech. It’s that, at 84, he doesn’t feel the need for it. "I’m primitive," he explains. "Social media to me is disgusting. People (posting) what they had for breakfast exceeds my approval level. I marvel at it, and that includes the president of the United States on down."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/04/23/mike-brown-welcomed-joe-burrow-bengals-sent-parents-no-9-jerseys/3016673001/

Zac Taylor thinks Bengals 'will never pick No. 1 again' after Joe Burrow selection

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor has no doubt in Joe Burrow’s ability to perform but he’s so confident in the former LSU quarterback that he doesn’t see the Bengals getting the No. 1 pick in the draft ever again.

Taylor made the bold statement to reporters immediately following the draft Thursday night, telling them there was never any discussion about trading out of the No. 1 spot to begin with -- seeing as it could be their last.

JOE BURROW TO SIGN 4-YEAR CONTRACT WITH BENGALS WORTH MORE THAN $36M: REPORT 

“Once we made the decision to take the guy you're taking, it further confirms what you're thinking. We'll keep that within our own building. We were steadfast in who we were going to take. We believe in the guy, and there was nothing that could make us trade that pick away,” he said, according to 247Sports.

It's no surprise that the Bengals weren’t entertaining other offers as Burrow is considered to have had one of the best seasons in college football history.

“He's a proven winner,” Taylor said. “He gets the most out of those around him. He has the respect of coaches, teammates and everyone he's played with … We're excited to get know him even better and work a lot more closely with him.”

Taylor didn’t stop there, adding that Burrow’s impact on the franchise will be so significant that they’ll never get the No. 1 pick again.

“We will never pick No. 1 again. We don't want to pick in the top 10 again. We're looking at this as the only time you're ever going to get a player of this caliber and add him to the program. That's a big deal,” he said.

Burrow will likely begin his NFL career as the starting quarterback for the Bengals after coming off a stellar season where he led the LSU Tigers to their fourth national championship.

He was named Heisman Trophy winner and led the country with 5,671 passing yards and set an NCAA record with 60 touchdown passes in 15 starts this past season.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/zac-taylor-bengals-joe-burrow-prediction

Archived