* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

I had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Mr and Mrs Simmons a couple of years ago at a Bengals function.

Quality guy and a real gentleman.

He now works in the front office of the Jaguars.

Would like to see him join the Bengals in some sort of administrative function now.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Just an ignorant comment.  Simmons would have never seen the field if he played for Ravens or Stealers.

The guy just took up space on shitty defenses.

Why is it that Bengal fans defend players who suck?

Joe-hi-eaux

[I swear that this wasn’t the post I was replying to.  Not sure what happened...

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Mr and Mrs Simmons a couple of years ago at a Bengals function.

Quality guy and a real gentleman.

He now works in the front office of the Jaguars.

Would like to see him join the Bengals in some sort of administrative function now.

That's great.  Maybe he could redeem his crappy Bengal career.  

16 hours ago, membengal said:

I didn't think it was possible to like Burrow more than I already do. I was wrong, I found I  could like him even more. Awesome for him to speak up:

Amen, this guy gets it.  He’s a leader already in every way.  Glad he’s a Bengal.

22 hours ago, membengal said:

I didn't think it was possible to like Burrow more than I already do. I was wrong, I found I  could like him even more. Awesome for him to speak up:

terrell owens images GIF

THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

Glad he's not afraid to speak out.

Why would he be afraid? It is trendy, woke and acceptable to speak out about this. If he or some other celebrity wants to be really brave, they should tell people to stop rioting.

29 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Why would he be afraid? It is trendy, woke and acceptable to speak out about this. If he or some other celebrity wants to be really brave, they should tell people to stop rioting.

Could you see Carson making that statement?

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Could you see Carson making that statement?

no...  he is pussy quitter.. 

7 hours ago, Hooky said:

You're right. Setting shit on fire and killing more innocent people is the right response.

maybe the protesters  should kneel.... oh yeah!!!!  

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Sorry I'm just a little suspicious of anyone who focuses on some windows being broken over cold-blooded police murder.  If you'd like to further debate this false equivalency let's take it to J&D.

Just windows being broken. That's hilarious. I'm done.

19 hours ago, snarkster said:

If there happened to be no 2020 season, would the Bengals pick #1 overall in next year's draft & (if un-signed) would Burrow go back in the draft pool?

I was talking about this with my brother. I do believe there is going to be a season, but if not I imagine they would more likely do a draft pool and pick the picks from a bowl like the NBA does. Maybe giving more weight to the bad teams but not making it full on where we get the top pick for a 2nd year in a row.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:52 PM, tibor75 said:

Just an ignorant comment.  Simmons would have never seen the field if he played for Ravens or Stealers.

The guy just took up space on shitty defenses.

Why is it that Bengal fans defend players who suck?

Defend?...have you read the comments about players on here?..jeez

When the NHL lost a full season to a work stoppage/strike/lockout - they did not simply repeat the draft order from the last season before the stoppage. There was a formula and a lottery to determine draft order. I would imagine something similar would happen here if there were to be no 2020 season.

I think there's going to be a 2020 season, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived