* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Really damn good read from Hobs today on what Burrow is doing in Athens to get ready for the season under the covid social distancing realities:

https://www.bengals.com/news/joe-burrow-s-silent-spring-broken-with-echoes-of-a-no-1-work-ethic

I loved this part

"He wears his Bengals stuff," says Adam Luehrman, who grew up wearing orange and black as the son of a Bengals fan from the Cincinnati suburb of Milford. "It was weird the first time I saw him in his Bengals stuff. He never had an NFL team so I never him saw him wear any team stuff. To see him, 'Oh, he's now a Bengals guy,' and he's wearing all the Bengals stuff they sent him."

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have little worry about Burrow, i only worry that the team does not have the quality and quantity of front office staff to build the rest of the team. to a championship level. 

Same, except I don't think it's quality or quantity, but desire.  I think they're perfectly content with a steady 8-8 & stumbling into the playoffs every so often if the stars align.

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Same, except I don't think it's quality or quantity, but desire.  I think they're perfectly content with a steady 8-8 & stumbling into the playoffs every so often if the stars align.

So you’re good with 8-8 this year, right? 

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Not even factoring in his talent on the field, this is the kind of guy you want representing your franchise.

Burrow Follows Through On First Throw With Hunger Fund

Joe Burrow unveiled the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio.

https://www.bengals.com/news/burrow-follows-through-on-first-throw-with-hunger-fund

Joe Burrow in the 'best shape' of his life and 'ready' to play after unprecedented offseason

by James Rapien

CINCINNATI — Joe Burrow's first NFL offseason hasn't gone as planned due to COVID-19. 

Instead of working out at Paul Brown Stadium and getting to meet his teammates in person, he's had to try to get to know them virtually. He hasn't been able to throw to A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd or any other Bengals players since he was drafted in April. 

The last time he was in a room with Bengals head coach Zac Taylor was in February at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. 

Despite the pandemic, Burrow was his usual confident self in an appearance on Good Morning America. 

"I feel great right now. I'm in the best shape of my life," Burrow said. "Everybody around the league is preparing like business as usual, like we're going to be reporting in a couple weeks and getting ready to play."

Burrow, 23, launched the 'Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund' this week. He appeared on the national morning show to discuss his goals for the new foundation. 

"In Athens County up to 20 percent of the people are food insecure," he said. "When I was in college I couldn't really help out financially. Now I'm finally in a position that I can help out financially as well."

As for the 2020 season, Burrow doesn't have any inside information. He knows football may look and feel different, but he's focused on preparing for his first year in the pros. 

"I'm in the dark just like everybody else," Burrow said. "I can't imagine there would be fans in the stands at the beginning. Maybe a few, but I'm preparing like I'm going to be the starting quarterback with 100,000 fans in the stands and I'm going to be ready to go."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-burrow-ready-to-play

Archived