* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

54 minutes ago, membengal said:

Physical and then signing I would presume.

:locomotive:

Do I still have questions about his ability to transition to a league where everyone else is on the same level athletically?  Sure, it's a struggle for any rookie and the hype & pressure on this kid couldn't be any higher.

Do I have doubts about the FO's commitment to protecting him and giving him the tools he needs to excel?  Last I checked Bobby "Flat Earth" Hart was still his RT and we've got another rookie LT penciled in to protect his blindside, and a whole lot of happy thoughts as plan B.

Did I watch this same fanbase turn on the last QB while ignoring a dogshit OL & dropped balls from their superstar WR's?  Yes, indeed.  The same people cheered when he was benched and then cheered when they brought him back.

Does any rookie QB struggle at times?  So far I haven't seen one that didn't & I fully expect a lot of fans will turn on him the first time he has a bad game.  And he will have bad games.

Am I still on board the Burrow Hype Train, now departing from station 2-14?   You bet your sweet bippy.

2020 NFL signing tracker for first-round draft picks: Contract details for top 32 picks as they're reported

The COVID-19 pandemic might complicate the signing of top NFL Draft picks in 2020

1. Bengals QB Joe Burrow

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-signing-tracker-for-first-round-draft-picks-contract-details-for-top-32-picks-as-theyre/

LSU punter Zach Von Rosenberg says former Tigers’ QB Joe Burrow “didn’t want to just beat you, he wanted to embarrass you”

https://www.tigerrag.com/lsu-punter-zach-von-rosenberg-says-former-tigers-qb-joe-burrow-didnt-want-to-just-beat-you-he-wanted-to-embarrass-you/

Some nice snippets:

“Joe didn’t want to just beat you, he wanted to embarrass you. He went into every game trying to make you look stupid. He didn’t care if defenses knew our plays, like Georgia (in the SEC championship game) how they knew what we were running, and they didn’t stop us."

“He wasn’t trying to show off, he wasn’t trying to be flashy, He was going to come in and bury you. He wanted to score 60 points on you. He didn’t care who we were playing. He was just going to be Joe."

“We had this thing before games when he’d tell me how many points we were going to run on teams. I swear he was right 14 of 15 times. The only game he was wrong about was Auburn. I remember him telling me we were going to put 60 on Oklahoma. I was like, `C’mon man, 60 points? This is a Final Four game.” Then, we went out and scored 63."

Archived