* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I could care less if OSU had won or lost that game, but all the whining by some Buckeye fans makes me glad they lost. 

To win a championship a team will have to overcome adversity.  OSU had a big lead, had some bad breaks, and shit the bed.  They lost to a team that fell behind, but had the poise to adjust and come back to win. 

I am an OSU fan, but the refs didn't cost them that game.  Settling for field goals and some untimely drops by Dobbins is the reason they lost. 

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

OSU fans aren't complaining about Clemson's big plays. They are complaining about the officials who are supposed to be neutral. In that game they weren't and cost OSU at least 7 points in a game decided by 6. Furthermore, the officals on the field made correct calls and the replay guy from the SEC overturned them into wrong calls. If the refs with the benefit of slow mo and multiple camera angles get it wrong, what can you do but complain? 

What year was it that OSU won the championship on a phantom Interference call at the goal line?

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

What year was it that OSU won the championship on a phantom Interference call at the goal line?

First, it wasn’t phantom. Second it never should have gone to OT. Mike Jenkins made a catch for a first down that the refs called incomplete. 

16 minutes ago, Jet23 said:

I am an OSU fan, but the refs didn't cost them that game.  Settling for field goals and some untimely drops by Dobbins is the reason they lost. 

This is a refreshing perspective.  Blaming refs gets old.  I dont care so much about OSU, but the complaining about officials with the Bengals is very tiresome.  

34 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

OSU fans aren't complaining about Clemson's big plays. They are complaining about the officials who are supposed to be neutral. In that game they weren't and cost OSU at least 7 points in a game decided by 6. Furthermore, the officals on the field made correct calls and the replay guy from the SEC overturned them into wrong calls. If the refs with the benefit of slow mo and multiple camera angles get it wrong, what can you do but complain? 

You can take the L and move on. 

I haven't heard a chorus of people, other than Buckeye fans, saying the replay officials got it wrong.  It's not like what happened to the Saints last year.  It's almost a month ago.  It's over.  At this point its nothing but whining.

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You can take the L and move on. 

I haven't heard a chorus of people, other than Buckeye fans, saying the replay officials got it wrong.  It's not like what happened to the Saints last year.  It's almost a month ago.  It's over.  At this point its nothing but whining.

Huh? Various broadcasters and commentators said overturning OSU's fumble return for a TD was incorrect. Including the former officials who consult for NBC and Fox. I'd say the game turning targeting call was also incorrect though that's more controversial. 

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Huh? Various broadcasters and commentators said overturning OSU's fumble return for a TD was incorrect. Including the former officials who consult for NBC and Fox. I'd say the game turning targeting call was also incorrect though that's more controversial. 

I think the point is that people were still vocal about the Saints blunder well after the fact, because it was a clear and egregious officiating mistake. With OSU, that just has not happened. Even if the officials made mistakes, there was some degree of ambiguity -- only Buckeyes fans remembered this stuff a week after the game.

19 minutes ago, bfine said:

I haven't been around here much, but am I mistakenly in a OSU Messsage Board?

Uhh, you are that Joe Burrow played for OSU once, right?  And then Joe Burrow went to LSU who was supposed to play OSU for the national title until Kevin Bacon got involved, no?   

6 hours ago, sparky151 said:

My god...get this man some cheese.

7 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

One thing I really like to see in that chart is "1 pass batted at the line" -- for a full 5 games.

Andy Dalton matches that every quarter.

Andy Dalton plays in the NFL.  That's kind of a major difference that's being overlooked on this runaway hype train.

11 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Andy Dalton plays in the NFL.  That's kind of a major difference that's being overlooked on this runaway hype train.

They said the same thing about Dalton coming out of college.  In fact, most of what is written below seems fairly accurate and showed up in his game from college to the pros.  

WEAKNESSES

On the shorter side and has a three-quarter delivery which will likely result in a lot of batted passes. Deeper throws will float at times when he does not set his feet. Played in a spread offense and will have to learn a pro style system. Does not always feel pressure in the pocket which nullifies his good mobility.

23 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

They said the same thing about Dalton coming out of college.  In fact, most of what is written below seems fairly accurate and showed up in his game from college to the pros.  

WEAKNESSES

On the shorter side and has a three-quarter delivery which will likely result in a lot of batted passes. Deeper throws will float at times when he does not set his feet. Played in a spread offense and will have to learn a pro style system. Does not always feel pressure in the pocket which nullifies his good mobility.

Jesus. Who wrote that?

Incredibly accurate and is now the case as it always has been.

Maybe Goodberry? This was from his review recently of the scouting report when the Bengals drafted Dalton posted in the Athletic:

As we look back at Dalton’s career in Cincinnati, I think it’s the weaknesses and limitations that offered the clearest picture. I wrote in 2011 about the concerns that may come with drafting Dalton as the Bengals’ franchise quarterback.

“Arm strength is only average. He can get the ball where it needs to be, but deep outs sometimes float on him. His accuracy is visibly worse when throwing deep or on the run. While he was a decent scrambler in college, Dalton sometimes doesn’t feel the backside pressure and will get sacked because of it. When he does feel the pressure, Dalton does a poor job of keeping his eyes downfield to look for an open receiver who might be breaking free. Also, being only 6-2 and having a three-quarters type of release, Dalton might be at a bigger risk to have passes batted down. He might be viewed as a player with limited pro potential by scouts and he might be labeled as a game manager-type QB in the NFL.”

Where does Dalton rank with the rest of the NFL when it comes to batted down passes? I’m guessing middle of the pack. I see passes being knocked down in every single game I watch. It doesn’t really seem to me that Dalton gets it any more or less than the rest of them. I have no idea though. I’d like to see that data. 

Archived