* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

All hells bells apparently it doesn't matter anyway. I saw a story this morning (now I can't find it to share, sorry) that Carolina is going to make the Bengals an offer they can't refuse to move to #1. F.O. media, It is insane that apparently Burrow can make every team in the NFL better, except the Bengals. Small hands, only better than average arm, blah, blah, blah, nothing will matter because whomever lands Burrow, will instantly be a better team, unless that team is Cincinnati. I hope Mike Brown is feeling like he always does when the NFL sets a rule and he is the only one that opposes it and says I am going to show the NFL I am right and draft Burrow anyway. Fuck all of them.

21 minutes ago, crazycat said:

All hells bells apparently it doesn't matter anyway. I saw a story this morning (now I can't find it to share, sorry) that Carolina is going to make the Bengals an offer they can't refuse to move to #1. F.O. media, It is insane that apparently Burrow can make every team in the NFL better, except the Bengals. Small hands, only better than average arm, blah, blah, blah, nothing will matter because whomever lands Burrow, will instantly be a better team, unless that team is Cincinnati. I hope Mike Brown is feeling like he always does when the NFL sets a rule and he is the only one that opposes it and says I am going to show the NFL I am right and draft Burrow anyway. Fuck all of them.

You can ignore that. They have no assets - that bullshit story was built around dealing the corpse of Cam Newton on his expiring contract to move up. It's gonna be Burrow. As it should be.

That tweet was pretty good, hope he can keep that attitude when the hits inevitably start coming.   Sure would be nice to have a QB not afraid to tell the media to go fuck themselves, but in a quotable way.   Surround him with the right players & they really could begin to change whatever culture they have now.   In a locker room with Eifert/Glenn/Hart/Ross/DreK as your veterans, not so much.  

I like what I'm hearing from him but getting our other 52 players on the same page is going to take a lot of work.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

That’s right. Suck my dick, Dan Patrick. Suck my dick Mike Florio. Suck my dick Colin Cowherd. Suck my dick, Jason Whitlock. Suck my dick, Stephen A. Smith. Suck my dick, Rich Eisen. Suck my dick, Marcellus Wiley. Suck my dick, Doug Gottlieb.

Just now, OU_Stripes said:

That’s right. Suck my dick, Dan Patrick. Suck my dick Mike Florio. Suck my dick Colin Cowherd. Suck my dick, Jason Whitlock. Suck my dick, Stephen A. Smith. Suck my dick, Rich Eisen. Suck my dick, Marcellus Wiley. Suck my dick, Doug Gottlieb.

Suck your wife's boyfriend's dick, Carson Palmer

The short term memory is hilarious from people that used to bitch about Kitna's tiny hands. Now it doesn't matter. And before everybody goes apeshit, I'm not saying it matters, but a lot of people here have. Just yet another example of how people rationalize what they want.

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

The short term memory is hilarious from people that used to bitch about Kitna's tiny hands. Now it doesn't matter. And before everybody goes apeshit, I'm not saying it matters, but a lot of people here have. Just yet another example of how people rationalize what they want.

Kitna's hand size was the least of his problems.  He was terrible under pressure & most of the team hated him.  

I'm not going to dig up the video again but his shovel pass to a blitzing Takeo Spikes vs the Bills is the defining Kitna moment to me.

14 minutes ago, Hooky said:

This is where I'm at. We would be stupid to not go with Joe #1OA, if he only hand one hand like that one dude. But small hands are an issue and the best defense folks can come up with is bringing up a current player(s) who has bigger hands.

As for those saying. "We've seen him throw"

https://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/when-football-players-go-pro-their-balls-get-bigger/90091/

In overall circumference, college footballs can be up to 1 1/4 inches smaller than NFL footballs.

Now if a team like Miami wants to sell the farm for him. I'd roll with Tua and his 10" hands, but as is Joe is the pick. But this metric might make the Bengals more open to offers and I believe it should.

18 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Kitna's hand size was the least of his problems.  He was terrible under pressure & most of the team hated him.  

I'm not going to dig up the video again but his shovel pass to a blitzing Takeo Spikes vs the Bills is the defining Kitna moment to me.

But people blamed his hand size every time he turned the ball over. Now it doesn't matter to them.

28 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

By the way, he hasn't signed yet. Or been drafted, for that matter.

9 minutes ago, Hooky said:

But people blamed his hand size every time he turned the ball over. Now it doesn't matter to them.

I can't speak for "people", but he turned the ball over because he wasn't a very good NFL QB.  

This is starting to sound like the Andrew Whitworth "lateral agility" argument.  ;)  Burrow has no problems throwing a football.

1 hour ago, thezerawkid said:

Jesus. Thank god.

The question is: who, among the “journalists” out there is gonna double down and persist?

Already answered, PFT (Charean Williams) https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/25/joe-burrow-says-he-will-play-for-the-bengals-if-they-draft-him/

They conveniently omitted the part where Joe laughed off the media's spin on it all.  Some choice quotes:

Burrow downplayed the “leverage” comment Tuesday. He said he was referring to the Combine process, even though the LSU quarterback never mentioned the Combine process in his original quote in Fort Worth.

Funny how a bunch of old coot fans like us on a fan forum figured out what he meant, eh Charean?  It's not like you guys are supposed to analyse this stuff for a living or anything.

Again, commenting on Joe clarifying he meant the combine and not "the Bengals" wrt "leverage":

It is a good cover, if anyone believes it.

Ok Charean, I guess Joe's word in the most public setting possible should be ignored.

Here, he flips over to a slightly different angle, in that maybe the Bengals won't be able to convince Joe they want to win?

But Burrow only has to convince the Bengals he wants to play for them. Or maybe it’s the Bengals have to convince Burrow they are committed to winning.

Here's a nice little nugget, which you idiots on PFT have already "answered" over and over again:

Burrow appears perfect for the Bengals. Are the Bengals perfect for Burrow?

Archived