* ROUND 1, BENGALS SELECT JOE BURROW, QB */Burrow Era

I read that USA Today article yesterday and it fits the pattern we've seen all along.  The national media is pushing this narrative.  They want Burrow to pull a power move so they have a bigger story to write about.  They want someone to challenge the NFL order and stick it to one of the worst owners in professional sports.  It is 100% their agenda and they don't care how it affects Burrow or his reputation. 

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I read that USA Today article yesterday and it fits the pattern we've seen all along.  The national media is pushing this narrative.  They want Burrow to pull a power move so they have a bigger story to write about.  They want someone to challenge the NFL order and stick it to one of the worst owners in professional sports.  It is 100% their agenda and they don't care how it affects Burrow or his reputation. 

The reality is everyone in the national media has a favorite team not named the Bengals. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

The reality is everyone in the national media has a favorite team not named the Bengals. 

Or, if you're Dan Patrick you could be one of those former Bengals fans so disgusted with the Brown family that you make every effort to stick it to them.  Chris Collinsworth is the president of that club.

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

Turns out Jordan Palmer has been great for this process - this is a good listen :

Thanks, came here to post this.  An excellent statement by Jordan.  Regardless of it being about Joe it gives me a new respect for the guy, he said exactly what any rational person should say in that situation.

McShay saying he'd take Tua over Joe if they both would be "guaranteed healthy for the next 10 years".  I'd respect his opinion more if he put up a trait of Tua's that puts him over the top that... isn't precisely the thing that Joe did better than anyone ever in history this past season (command the offense):

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=28792841

With that said, time will tell.  I do expect Tua to be a good NFL QB, and I'm sure McShay thinks with the health question that you can't take him #1 anyway.  Just more chum for the media to throw out there.

13 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

McShay saying he'd take Tua over Joe if they both would be "guaranteed healthy for the next 10 years".  I'd respect his opinion more if he put up a trait of Tua's that puts him over the top that... isn't precisely the thing that Joe did better than anyone ever in history this past season (command the offense):

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=28792841

With that said, time will tell.  I do expect Tua to be a good NFL QB, and I'm sure McShay thinks with the health question that you can't take him #1 anyway.  Just more chum for the media to throw out there.

If it weren't for health Greg Cook could have been a hall of fame QB. 

You aren't any good if you aren't in the lineup for whatever reason.  See John Ross.

46 minutes ago, membengal said:

Turns out Jordan Palmer has been great for this process - this is a good listen :

Impressive.  Sometimes guys who didn't have what it takes, or didn't do what it takes can make the best coaches because they know what needs to be done, even if they couldn't do it.

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

"Carson and I are totally different...he has nothing to do w my QB training." Says Burrow feels "he can win anywhere."

I'm having a difficult time believing the full interview.

I believe it.  Can you imagine Carson Palmer's arrogant ass actually working with college QBs? 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

I believe it.  Can you imagine Carson Palmer's arrogant ass actually working with college QBs? 

I've watched the interview 3 times.  Same feeling each time.  Especially when asked directly about Carson.  I think you are right that Carson probably doesn't work with college QBs.  However, there's a feeling that Jordan has had a Carson-like conversation with Joe although he states, "Carson and I are totally different..."

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I've watched the interview 3 times.  Same feeling each time.  Especially when asked directly about Carson.  I think you are right that Carson probably doesn't work with college QBs.  However, there's a feeling that Jordan has had a Carson-like conversation with Joe although he states, "Carson and I are totally different..."

I get the odd vibe.  I took it more as a "I don't want to talk about Carson" thing.  Kind of a Jan Brady moment. 

8 hours ago, Numbers said:

Didn’t get that feeling in the least.

Just saw an interview with LSU safety Grant Gilpit.  They asked him about having Burrow as a teammate.  Talked about being around him and how tough he was to practice against every day.  The then said the one thing about all others  about Jeaux was, "he brought us a swagger that we hadn't had in some time."  Kinda caught my attention because I've always thought LSU was one of the swaggiest programs around (maybe more swag than production some seasons).

Archived